Toyble DBAF [June 9, 2012] Vol 4 HD release complete

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

hulkty
Banned

Re: Toyble DBAF [June 9, 2012] Vol 4 HD release complete

Post by hulkty » Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:15 pm

Shit, I wouldn't mind one bit...
The original AF badboy who one day became the official artist for Dragonball Heroes now having his fan-made story after GT official?...Sounds like a sweet dream to me, haha.

I give it another 5 years at the very least lol

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:54 pm

Although loosely based on previously established rumours, Toyble managed to work around many concepts and ideas introduced in the past, like Saiya power for example. He's got amazing concepts like the Ryuoshin Realm and the branching Saiyan transformations. I already accept his work as a continuation of GT in my personal canon, even though there are things I dislike. West Kaioshin being Freeza and Coola's mom is completely unnecessary and adds absolutely nothing to the plot, and I'm really not a big fan of Xicor.

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:56 pm

I might just read this again because of the art alone.

*looks at bottom right panel*

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:01 pm

I don't think it would impossible for this to officially published. A number of pages and Xicor's name would probably need to be changed, but so long as Toyble designed his own original Super Saiyan 5 it could probably happen. I don't think any of his story choices are any more out there than anything else written in official works.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:24 pm

DNA wrote:Although loosely based on previously established rumours, Toyble managed to work around many concepts and ideas introduced in the past, like Saiya power for example. He's got amazing concepts like the Ryuoshin Realm and the branching Saiyan transformations. I already accept his work as a continuation of GT in my personal canon, even though there are things I dislike. West Kaioshin being Freeza and Coola's mom is completely unnecessary and adds absolutely nothing to the plot, and I'm really not a big fan of Xicor.
Likewise. I nearly dropped this when I saw Broly again but I give him kudos for taking Broly in a rather fresh direction, at least from other fan series I have seen. Its looking like Broly may drop his obsession and begin training under Paikuhan which would actually be cool to see.

I also love the Ryu-shin realm he did and (in my opinion) how well it works into established lore.

Turning LSSJ into just another grade is another thing I loved and even adopted into my own series.

Regarding the earlier stuff, I wouldent mind a re-write of some of the first volumes, like you said with the West Kaioshin being Cooler and Freeza's mom.

Xicor/Zaiko is a mixed bag for me. Theres parts I love and hate about him (whats with the chin and knuckle spikes).
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:38 pm

Even if he were to try to get this to be "officially" published I don't really see anything stopping him. I mean how would that look if some random guy just jumps up and tried to sue Toyble/Jump/Shueshia or whom ever because he came up with the idea for Xicor one lonely night a bagillion years ago.? What evidence could he use to prove his case? Old forum post from potentially dead websites? Old rough drafts from his science notebook from 6th grade? Pssh yeah right.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:02 pm

You guys are confusing published with endorsed. Toyble already publishes his fan comic, you can buy it now, on paper. It's not officially endorsed by any company related to Dragon Ball though. Will it ever be? I highly doubt it, but it would be cool if it was acknowledged in some way.
KentalSSJ6 wrote:Likewise. I nearly dropped this when I saw Broly again but I give him kudos for taking Broly in a rather fresh direction, at least from other fan series I have seen. Its looking like Broly may drop his obsession and begin training under Paikuhan which would actually be cool to see.
Yeah that's another thing I liked, especially since I always believed it myself, Broli isn't actually crazy, Paragus is, and he drove his own son insane as well. Remove the father, and with patience you can counsel Broli back to being somewhat functional.
KentalSSJ6 wrote:Regarding the earlier stuff, I wouldent mind a re-write of some of the first volumes, like you said with the West Kaioshin being Cooler and Freeza's mom.
Doesn't need to be re-written, that bit is so inconsequential that it can actually be removed entirely and nothing changes. Try it, just delete the first pages, those events are never mentioned again.
KentalSSJ6 wrote:Xicor/Zaiko is a mixed bag for me. Theres parts I love and hate about him (whats with the chin and knuckle spikes).
There's nothing I like about Xicor. His design is really lame, he has a shitty and corny back story and no real motivation behind him. Seriously, why does he want to beat Goku? Why does West Kaioshin want to beat Goku? Why is she even evil? It's no one's fault that she was left for dead, why didn't she go back to Kaioshin Kai anyway? Lame villains.

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:14 pm

I honestly liked what Toyble did with Broly's character as well. He seemed more... likeable? As for the villains, I stopped reading AF because I didn't care to see Xicor's comeback, even though I knew it was inevitable. Like DNA mentioned, his backstory and motivation was lame, his reason for being was lame, and his design was extremely poor. There's nothing to this character other than being a one note baddie. I'm willing to read this story again once it picks up and I hope for Xicor's quick and swift defeat. I want to see what Toyble is really capable of when it comes to good story telling.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:19 pm

Scarz wrote:I honestly liked what Toyble did with Broly's character as well. He seemed more... likeable? As for the villains, I stopped reading AF because I didn't care to see Xicor's comeback, even though I knew it was inevitable. Like DNA mentioned, his backstory and motivation was lame, his reason for being was lame, and his design was extremely poor. There's nothing to this character other than being a one note baddie. I'm willing to read this story again once it picks up and I hope for Xicor's quick and swift defeat. I want to see what Toyble is really capable of when it comes to good story telling.
If I remember correctly, the draft pages of Goku's SSJ5 transformation had Xicor pretty much crapping himself. I think its safe to say Goku was going to whoop his bastard soon into oblivion. Hopefully, Toyble's writing skills have improved since then and that wont be the case.
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:39 pm

'Endorsed' is a better word, although actually being published not by his independent publisher but by Shueisha would be nice. I'm not saying it's ever going to be 'probable', but I do not believe it is 'impossible', especially if he can convince his editor at V-JUMP it would make a nice little promotional comic in V-JUMP.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:53 pm

Have we ever seen an unofficial fan-comic getting turning official? Or at least something more similar?
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Tzigi
Regular

Post by Tzigi » Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:37 am

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:Have we ever seen an unofficial fan-comic getting turning official? Or at least something more similar?
There's a whole page on TVTropes full of examples of such things occuring. Not that I'd like AF to actually become official - I consider it part of my headcanon and that's enough for me. There's only one reason it would be great if AF became official - then some good publishing houses in other countries could print their own language versions :)

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:33 am

Although it would mean that a certain someone would have to eat his own shorts... :\

I'm happy with it being as it is, the only "good" it would come out of it being officially endorsed would be a few new forms and a character being put into games, both of which I don't care much about. But maybe we would get an animated series as well? Oh well, this is just dreaming anyway, there's no point in speculating what would happen if this became official.

I wonder what will Toyble do after Xicor, will he pick up the "Evil Goku" arc as well? Was that part of the original AF rumours?

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:38 am

DNA wrote:Although it would mean that a certain someone would have to eat his own shorts... :\

I'm happy with it being as it is, the only "good" it would come out of it being officially endorsed would be a few new forms and a character being put into games, both of which I don't care much about. But maybe we would get an animated series as well? Oh well, this is just dreaming anyway, there's no point in speculating what would happen if this became official.

I wonder what will Toyble do after Xicor, will he pick up the "Evil Goku" arc as well? Was that part of the original AF rumours?
Eh, a little gravy, some carrots, hell be fine.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:50 pm

Xicor always been lame in my opinion. He has no real goal other then fight Goku and that's it. He's no different the typical generic DB villains we got in the past.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:26 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:Xicor always been lame in my opinion. He has no real goal other then fight Goku and that's it. He's no different the typical generic DB villains we got in the past.
Hopefully Toyble continues past Xicor with his AF series. I can only hope he doesent go the Evil Goku route. Thats been done as much as Broly in fan-fictions.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:52 am

Other then Evil Goku, there's other old AF characters that exist in old fan fictions like Okster, who was some alien that wanted to use the Dragon Balls in order to re-create the universe in his own image from what I can remember. There was also one villain called "Zeel" that plans on opening a portal between earth and Hell so he can absorb with all of Goku's old enemies, and destroy the Saiyans once and for all.

There's one that I kinda liked which I remember had two small aliens that were cute, orange and yellow, four legged creatures with tails and they came from a bio space ship. I recall that they grow stronger by eating after midnight and can asborb DNA by becoming into bio warriors. A lot of old AF fan fictions are garbage and I would rather see Toyble do something original after Xicor.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:58 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:Other then Evil Goku, there's other old AF characters that exist in old fan fictions like Okster, who was some alien that wanted to use the Dragon Balls in order to re-create the universe in his own image from what I can remember. There was also one villain called "Zeel" that plans on opening a portal between earth and Hell so he can absorb with all of Goku's old enemies, and destroy the Saiyans once and for all.

There's one that I kinda liked which I remember had two small aliens that were cute, orange and yellow, four legged creatures with tails and they came from a bio space ship. I recall that they grow stronger by eating after midnight and can asborb DNA by becoming into bio warriors. A lot of old AF fan fictions are garbage and I would rather see Toyble do something original after Xicor.
Depends on what Toyble considers "canon" to him I guess. He may operate on or off the part where those who go to hell lose their bodies or he may show it the way GT and Fusion Reborn did.

To be honest, ill admit I kinda like the idea of the dead Saiyans of the past coming back for a battle. Could lead to some good fights and awesome interaction.

Goku, Gohan, and Goten meeting Bardock, Vegeta and Trunks meeting King Vegeta, Goten's confusion with Tullece...the list goes on. If anything id like to see the interactions.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:01 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:Other then Evil Goku, there's other old AF characters that exist in old fan fictions like Okster, who was some alien that wanted to use the Dragon Balls in order to re-create the universe in his own image from what I can remember. There was also one villain called "Zeel" that plans on opening a portal between earth and Hell so he can absorb with all of Goku's old enemies, and destroy the Saiyans once and for all.

Never heard about any of these. Okster's plan doesn't sound viable, the Dragon Balls aren't that powerful. Zell's plan has been done, twice. The two cute aliens could maybe work, if they were heavily changed, no Gremlins type bullshit.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:05 am

DNA wrote:

Never heard about any of these. Okster's plan doesn't sound viable, the Dragon Balls aren't that powerful. Zell's plan has been done, twice. The two cute aliens could maybe work, if they were heavily changed, no Gremlins type bullshit.
Dont the Dragonball's power vary with the strength of their creator? I mean with Kami it was one but with Dende it was two.

In theory, if the creator of the Dragonballs was strong enough, couldn't the balls be able have a higher amount of and more powerful options for wishes?