Toyble DBAF [June 9, 2012] Vol 4 HD release complete

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

Gokitalo

Re: Toyble DBAF [June 9, 2012] Vol 4 HD release complete

Postby Gokitalo » Mon Dec 26, 2016 4:10 am

Saturnine wrote:Gotta say I really liked the shit out of Toyble's AF. For several reasons:

- it explains the mess that GT's ending was, and does it well
- it attempts to give Broly some characterization by putting him in an environment where he's no longer a threat
- the story is pretty cool

To me this is pretty much THE continuation to GT. I don't care if it's not official, in my head this is what happened after GT (provided of course that GT happened, which it didn't, haha!) But yeah, in all seriousness this makes GT better in retrospect and a genuinely enjoyable little side-story.

I pretty much agree. I'm not sure it exonerates GT entirely, but it does steer aspects of it in a very positive direction. Creating a realm for the dragons (and showing how Goku's "union" with Shenlong tied into that) was also very inventive, and I like the expanded role Toyble's given Paikuhan. Who would've thought making him Broly's mentor would work so well?

Saturnine
Regular

Postby Saturnine » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:17 am

One thing to notice is Toyotaro's penchant for showcasing as many transformations as possible. It's very evident in the sketch of Chapter 5 where Vegeta's branched transformation possibilities are shown. I'm not quite sure I enjoy that aspect of Toyotaro, and it shines through a lot in his manga. He's only happy if the characters have the biggest number of transformations possible available at their disposal, haha.

Hisham

Postby Hisham » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:56 pm

I know this is totally unrelated, but can anyone tell me how I can deactivate or if possible delete my account? I've been trying to look at the settings, and sent mail to an admin but got no reply. I don't mind if getting banned is the only option to get my account closed as well. I just want to stop getting notifications and just want the account deleted.

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Postby Jinzoningen MULE » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:29 am

Hisham wrote:I know this is totally unrelated, but can anyone tell me how I can deactivate or if possible delete my account? I've been trying to look at the settings, and sent mail to an admin but got no reply. I don't mind if getting banned is the only option to get my account closed as well. I just want to stop getting notifications and just want the account deleted.

You can't delete the account as far as I know, but you can turn all notifications off in Control Panel -> Board Preferences -> Edit Notification Options. Uncheck all the boxes, forget the name of the website, and have a nice life. It'll be like your account never existed. :thumbup:

Hisham

Postby Hisham » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:29 am

I unchecked them all. This will be my last post, meaning I won't get notification if anyone replies to this.

Thank you for the help! I wish you all a good life as well.

Cheers :)

Shad73

Postby Shad73 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:18 pm

I just recently received Toyble's AF Volume II (Strategy of Guardians) and I've got to say, I got lucky: the last copy off of Ebay. It's legitimately amazing, even if I'm not as big a Toyble AF fan as a Young Jijii AF fan. It's all in Japanese but still, it's so legitimate as a piece of work! :D
Seeing the world as neutral is a gift; then you see the most beauty.

Return to “Fan-Created Works”