Toyble DBAF [June 9, 2012] Vol 4 HD release complete

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

tomac66
Beyond Newbie

Re: Toyble DBAF [Mar 18, 2012] Vol 1 HQ re-release

Post by tomac66 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:55 am

Hi, here is the Vol 4 in full (with the last pages edited)

http://www.mediafire.com/?701u628sk833p7u

macho_man
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by macho_man » Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:31 am

desirecampbell wrote:Hey everyone! Just an update on what's happening right now.

I'm currently working on Volume 2 HD, but I need one of the pages translated. It looks similar to one in volume 4, but the text is different.

Here's a link to the page of text : http://i.imgur.com/Is7ax.png

Also, still waiting on translations for the rest of Volume 4. If anyone can translate the second part of volume 4 I can get it typeset.

Here's Necrosaber's scans of Vol4 part 2 : http://imageshack.us/g/37/doodles048.jpg/
Herms already made a translation of DBAF (2) summary: :wink:

~The Story So Far~

The distant Dragon World.

Up until now, Son Goku and the other warriors of Earth have saved the planet from the attacks of Cell, Majin Boo, and numerous others. Even afterwards, the Earth was threatened countless times, but Goku and co. came to save the world by growing each time. And so Goku’s roll finally came to an end, and he vanished from the living word together with Shenlong.

It seemed that true peace had come to the world and the story was over. However…suddenly a new threat appeared on Earth! This man’s name was Xicor. Claiming to be Son Goku’s son, his goal was to destroy the Earth. To protect the Earth, Vegeta, Trunks, and Son Gohan challenge him to battle. But the gap between their power and his was all too clear.

Meanwhile, the Kaioshin Realm watched these events with great interest. Seeking for a means of resolving the situation, the Elder Kaioshin began searching for Son Goku’s whereabouts…And he finally caught on. “Could he possibly be in that world?” The Elder Kaioshin’s thoughts were not wrong. That’s right, Son Goku was there!

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:09 pm

macho_man wrote:Herms already made a translation of DBAF (2) summary: :wink:
Shit! How did I miss that? Where dd that come from?

macho_man
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by macho_man » Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:25 pm

desirecampbell wrote:
Just go back with the topic pages and you'll find it. Personally I saved that translation in a txt document long ago and just copy/pasted here :-)

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:43 pm

macho_man wrote:
desirecampbell wrote:
Just go back with the topic pages and you'll find it. Personally I saved that translation in a txt document long ago and just copy/pasted here :-)
Damn. I've been going through this thread to recompile the translation (half for copy-paste ease, half to ensure I credit the proper translators), I'm only on page 50 :(

macho_man
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by macho_man » Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:17 pm

Go back and back... I can assure, I did the scan of that page and Herms translated it. :wink:

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:48 am

Huh, I didn't get any updates for this, didn't notice you started an HQ version. Very good! :D
Don't forget Dragon Ball Zero (unless there's a separate topic for that).

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:57 am

Update (April 30th):

I'm almost done with the re-release of volume 2, but I've run into a snag: the chapter titles have changed.

Here's an image of the titles - left is new, right is old.

The cover-pages I have for the first two volumes have "(1) After the Future" and "(2) Strategy of Guardians" written in English, so I expect that's what the new titles are, but I'd like to be sure (also, I don't trust Toyble's English).

If anyone could check the titles and let me know what the new ones are, I'll get volume 2 finished (and fix volume 1). :)

desirecampbell

Re: Toyble DBAF [April 30, 2012] Translation Request

Post by desirecampbell » Tue May 01, 2012 3:43 pm

http://www.desirecampbell.com/dbaf

Volume 2 high quality re-release released, and volume 1 re-release re-re-released (minor changes include: sound effects, proper titles, small text changes).

goku1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by goku1234 » Tue May 01, 2012 4:15 pm

desirecampbell wrote:Image

Volume 2 high quality re-release released, and volume 1 re-release re-re-released (minor changes include: sound effects, proper titles, small text changes).
awesome thanks again for re-release ver. of vol 2... :D

EDIT!!
i think there a page missing??? it where kaioshinsama about to teleport where gohan about to be kill by xicor and after that xicor got a surprise attack by kaioshisama!!

EDIT 2!!
it on original page 72 that is missing!!

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Wed May 02, 2012 9:05 am

goku1234 wrote: EDIT!!
i think there a page missing??? it where kaioshinsama about to teleport where gohan about to be kill by xicor and after that xicor got a surprise attack by kaioshisama!!

EDIT 2!!
it on original page 72 that is missing!!
Argh! Thanks, fixed. If anyone has downloaded it, re-download it.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Wed May 02, 2012 9:13 am

desirecampbell wrote:Argh! Thanks, fixed. If anyone has downloaded it, re-download it.
Or re-re-re-download.. I think.
Anyway awesome job dude! Are you doing all the HQ chapters first and then the other ones? Like the Tapion extra (like I sent you on Dropbox) and the Zero chapters? Or are you not doing Zero?

Necrosaber
Beyond Newbie

Re: Toyble DBAF [May 1, 2012] Vol 2 HD release - Translation

Post by Necrosaber » Wed May 02, 2012 9:20 am

Is anyone ever going to be able to translate the rest of the Volume 4 pages? Surprised it's taken so long.

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Wed May 02, 2012 1:46 pm

DNA wrote:
desirecampbell wrote:Argh! Thanks, fixed. If anyone has downloaded it, re-download it.
Or re-re-re-download.. I think.
Anyway awesome job dude! Are you doing all the HQ chapters first and then the other ones? Like the Tapion extra (like I sent you on Dropbox) and the Zero chapters? Or are you not doing Zero?
I'm currently doing volume 3 (thanks again to Tomac66 for the scans). The moment someone translates the rest of volume 4 I'll finish that up as well (pages are all ready for text). I'll look at DB Zero after that's finished.

I know that Herms and Julian are busy but I'll make it as easy as possible for everyone and put all the pages needing translation here: pages that need translations

Currently that link has the rest of volume 4, plus the "recap" page from volume 3, plus the title discrepancies (which I think I have correct now, but I'd love someone to double-check).

Raykugen
Regular

Post by Raykugen » Wed May 02, 2012 4:54 pm

desirecampbell, will you do the other AF series?
Do you want NEW GENERATION DRAGON BALL (Z, GT..) IMAGES? In HQ? Of all characters? Click here: http://daizex.fanboyreview.net/viewtopic.php?t=17178
My Deviantart: http://raykugen.deviantart.com/
Dragon Ball Characters Project Deviantart: http://dbcproject.deviantart.com/

macho_man
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by macho_man » Wed May 02, 2012 4:59 pm

Necrosaber wrote:Is anyone ever going to be able to translate the rest of the Volume 4 pages? Surprised it's taken so long.
I've found this french translation... I know, it's not english and there are not SFXs, but maybe someone could find it useful to make a translation in other languages, just like I did for my italian scanlation. Thanks to Gokuten.
https://rapidshare.com/files/3414793824 ... itre_4.pdf

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Sun May 06, 2012 11:47 am

Just a quick update: the "~the story so far~" recap pages got mixed up and the volume 4 package that is currently available has volume 3's recap page. This hasn't been fixed yet because I don't have the translation for it (well, I have the first paragraph and a half because it's the same as the last two).

The good news is this means I have volume 3's recap page done already (so the HQ volume 3 repack isn't waiting on that anymore).

So while I'm working on Volume 3, here's the list of pages still needing translations:

pages that need translations
- the rest of Volume 4.
- chapter titles

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Tue May 08, 2012 11:38 pm

Volume 3 high quality re-release released, and volume 1 re-release re-re-re-released (I just noticed that page 8 had the same text as the other volume's recap pages, now they're all the same). God, I hope this is the last time I change volume 1.

So now I'm just waiting on translations (see previous post) for the rest of Volume 4, and I'll split the "Final Chapter" part out into it's own zip. (And then I'll work on getting the "extras" better integrated into the project page).

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Re: Toyble DBAF [May 8, 2012] Vol 3 HD release - Translation

Post by JulieYBM » Tue May 08, 2012 11:52 pm

Thanks for the hard work, Desire! Quick question, your download links are direct download links. Is this something you have to pay for? It's a neat option and I'm considering getting the free version of DropBox, so I'm just a'wonderin'.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

desirecampbell

Re: Toyble DBAF [May 8, 2012] Vol 3 HD release - Translation

Post by desirecampbell » Wed May 09, 2012 12:12 am

JulieYBM wrote:Thanks for the hard work, Desire! Quick question, your download links are direct download links. Is this something you have to pay for? It's a neat option and I'm considering getting the free version of DropBox, so I'm just a'wonderin'.
Ha! I'm a cheap cheap Scotsman. Dropbox has been great for me, I can't recommend it enough. It functions as just a folder on my computer and there's no hard limit on bandwidth (Dropbox will limit bandwidth at some point, but I've only ever heard of one or two people hitting that) and while the space limit starts at only 2 GB, you can get more through getting other people to use a referral link. If you're going to sign up, use someone's referral link and both you and he will get an extra 500 MB. It sounds like a pyramid scheme, but there's no real pressure; and frankly I've never needed more than 2GB anyway. But I put my referral link onto my website for a while and racked up an extra 16 GB, of which I currently use 2% of. :P

Here's my referral link: http://db.tt/QGGnAqlp if you are (or anyone else is) interested.

-edit- To expand on the direct linking thing: Dropbox doesn't force users to redirect to a branded download page, which is fantastic. But you can use on if you'd like. Here's a download page for volume 3, for example. I could link to that, but there's no real need for me (as I have a page with a button already) but it's a great option if you don't have your own web page to display your shared file. Dropbox will also do whole shared folders, like this: here's all my project zip files. Dropbox will make auto generate thumbnail galleries for images/video as well (it's what I'm currently using for the "extras").

I could go on all day about it :D