Toyble DBAF [June 9, 2012] Vol 4 HD release complete

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DNA
I Live Here

Re: Toyble DBAF [May 8, 2012] Vol 3 HD release - Translation

Post by DNA » Wed May 09, 2012 7:52 am

Your work on this is amazing dude. Can you please share the folders with me on my dropbox? :P

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Wed May 09, 2012 8:10 am

So... I downloaded all four volumes from desirecampbell (thanks for hosting them by the way) and... wow, that was weird. What the heck happened in volume 4?
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

ChahikoDBZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ChahikoDBZ » Wed May 09, 2012 9:19 am

Saiga wrote:So... I downloaded all four volumes from desirecampbell (thanks for hosting them by the way) and... wow, that was weird. What the heck happened in volume 4?
Exactly what I'm wondering. I just finished with Volume 4 and...END? What happened to the main plot right? :?
(Fanfiction link coming soon.)

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Wed May 09, 2012 9:34 am

This "final chapter" in the end is just an extra, it was also included in Volume 2 in the past. It's not over yet.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

ChahikoDBZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ChahikoDBZ » Wed May 09, 2012 9:38 am

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:This "final chapter" in the end is just an extra, it was also included in Volume 2 in the past. It's not over yet.
Well, that's good to know. :) Because this is really an exciting manga to me.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Wed May 09, 2012 9:48 am

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:This "final chapter" in the end is just an extra, it was also included in Volume 2 in the past. It's not over yet.
So it's more of a gag then?
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Wed May 09, 2012 9:49 am

ChahikoDBZ wrote:
Saiga wrote:So... I downloaded all four volumes from desirecampbell (thanks for hosting them by the way) and... wow, that was weird. What the heck happened in volume 4?
Exactly what I'm wondering. I just finished with Volume 4 and...END? What happened to the main plot right? :?
This, exactly. Because it was part of the (incomplete) volume 4 scans I had, it's currently in the volume 4 zip. Once I get the whole of volume 4 finished, I'll split "the final chapter" out into it's own release.

DNA wrote:Your work on this is amazing dude. Can you please share the folders with me on my dropbox? :P
I have no idea how to do that. Also, there isn't much to see; I don't use it to work, I use it just as cheap server space.

ChahikoDBZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ChahikoDBZ » Wed May 09, 2012 9:53 am

desirecampbell wrote:This, exactly. Because it was part of the (incomplete) volume 4 scans I had, it's currently in the volume 4 zip. Once I get the whole of volume 4 finished, I'll split "the final chapter" out into it's own release.
Sounds good. Wait so this might be a stupid question. But are you the creator of the DBAF Manga or just a translator?

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Wed May 09, 2012 9:54 am

Saiga wrote:
So it's more of a gag then?
No, it will end like that possibly, with some more changes maybe.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Wed May 09, 2012 10:05 am

ChahikoDBZ wrote:are you the creator of the DBAF Manga or just a translator?
None of them. He puts the translations into the scans. The translations are from Herms, and the manga is created by Toyble(he isn't in this forum).

ChahikoDBZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ChahikoDBZ » Wed May 09, 2012 10:07 am

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
None of them. He puts the translations into the scans. The translations are from Herms, and the manga is created by Toyble(he isn't in this forum).
Oh yeah. I knew it was by Toyble. I just figured I'd ask about it.

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Wed May 09, 2012 10:26 am

ChahikoDBZ wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
Oh yeah. I knew it was by Toyble. I just figured I'd ask about it.
I actually get a lot of email and comments from people thinking I am Toyble. It's a really common mistake.

--------
pages that need translations
- the rest of Volume 4.
- chapter titles

Menkyon DBAF
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Menkyon DBAF » Thu May 10, 2012 4:12 pm

Soon I will post here in English translations here ... wait!

lack to finish Portuguese to English.

Visit my drawings here: http://menkyon.deviantart.com/
:: [ Rafaell "Menkyon" ] ::
:: My [ Deviantart ] - My [ dbPROJECT-PT ] ::

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu May 10, 2012 7:04 pm

Who wants to bet that Kuririn is going to die again :P ?
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Thu May 10, 2012 7:57 pm

Those translations are absolute crap, the text doesn't even make sense. Just leave it to the pros dude. In my opinion we're better off waiting for Hermes's return.

ChahikoDBZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ChahikoDBZ » Thu May 10, 2012 8:06 pm

I can only read English and my Fiancee can translate Japanese. I can't wait for the rest of Chapter 4. :)

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Thu May 10, 2012 10:52 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:Who wants to bet that Kuririn is going to die again :P ?
I hope not, Kuririn needs some glory every ones and a while. :D
Cipher wrote:Also, you can seriously like whatever and still get laid. That's a revelation that'll hit you at some point.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Thu May 10, 2012 10:54 pm

It's a little late for that...

Gohaz
Beyond Newbie

Post by Gohaz » Fri May 11, 2012 12:26 am

Sorry if the translation ain't 100% accurate, but it's really hard to guess the text on page 53, so I adapted it to what sounded believeable... as for page 59, I changed a couple of things to make it sound more like Vegeta... I mean, his first line on the page is "Uh, how can you help Krilin?".. that doesn't sound like him at all..

pg48:

- Krilin, what do you think you're doing? (5th)

-I'm sorry, did I wake you? (6th)

- Eighteen, be honest with me.. do you think that it is still possible for me to have a good enough performance.. (7th)

pg53:

- I keep asking myself if we should interfeer...
- We don't need to, afterall, we're inferior to them, right? Leave them be.. (4th)

- But will he be able to stop Zaiko?
- First of all, we should consider.. Will he ressurrect? (5th)

- The ressurrection day is about to come... (6th)

pg59:

- What are you doing here, idiot? (1st)

- Aha.. I thought I could be of help.. (2nd)

- In a critical moment, I could use Kienzan or something else... (3rd)

- Get out of here, I can handle it all by myself! (4th)

- Hey.. Doesn't Vegeta look too calm and confident? (5th)

- Yes! That's cuz we trained hard all this time. (6th)

- You've been training the whole month right? But how can your hair be so long, is it really you? (7th)

- That's because we trained on a special room developed by my Grandpa.. (8th)

- ... ! You mean.. Like the room of spirit and time?

- Sort of.. (9th)

Sorry couldn't quite translate the last of the dialogue, it sounds too random, like Trunks doesn't know what the RoST is or whatever..
"Hahaaaaaa, eat my dust, Piccolo!"
- Goku, Fast but not so Furious.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Fri May 11, 2012 9:36 am

*sigh* I'll just keep waiting for Herms return... And I get a feeling desirecampbel is going to do the same.