Toyble DBAF [June 9, 2012] Vol 4 HD release complete

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DNA
I Live Here

Re: Toyble DBAF [Jan 18, 2012] Vol 4 WIP

Post by DNA » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:51 pm

desirecampbell wrote:Yes. I hadn't seen it, but I'll take a look and grab it (unless you can link it to me here, that'd be helpful).
I just PM'd you everything you need.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:18 pm

Ah, thanks. Turns out I did have only up to #194. I guess I should try to figure out how those three split up into volumes now. :oops:
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:26 pm

JulieYBM wrote:Ah, thanks. Turns out I did have only up to #194. I guess I should try to figure out how those three split up into volumes now. :oops:
If you can wait, I'll be repackaging the previous pages after I get these new pages done.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:14 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote: Paikuhan wasn't mentioned in Movie 11 at all, so it seems that Goku went alone to Hell, it's not like Goku was always together with Paikuhan.
I remember in Movie 11 that Goku asked by Grand Kai to travel Hell with Paikuhan since Broly was causing trouble at the end of the movie?
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Hero 004
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hero 004 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:06 am

Hey Desire, I remember when you went on the podcast about this, you mentioned that a few folks were trying to send Toyble a note of appreciation from the english speaking fans. Did that ever get sent his way?

Still really enjoy this manga, agree that its still the best bit of fan fiction out there. I was talking about the Kaios on another thread, I think its so cool that AF depicts Tapion and Minosha as Kaios in training.
"Sometimes life is too uncertain to have regrets"- Goku

testing223
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by testing223 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:58 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote: Paikuhan wasn't mentioned in Movie 11 at all, so it seems that Goku went alone to Hell, it's not like Goku was always together with Paikuhan.
I remember in Movie 11 that Goku asked by Grand Kai to travel Hell with Paikuhan since Broly was causing trouble at the end of the movie?
Technically, that was BIO Broly. So arguably that meant it was the Broly clone who was in Hell causing trouble, whereas the original was still dead after Return of Broly.

The original Broly never met Paikuhan.
I play baseball and work in LA.

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:16 am

Toyble DBAF volume 4 "bonus" now up with the rest. Spoiler warning: I shed manly tears.

-edit 2012-03-06 new full ZIP file-
[toyble] DBAF volume 04.zip

Coming soon:
> The DB Zero stuff.

> fixing my goddamn website so I can put it up there too.

> repackaging the earlier stuff into "volumes" as well.

> StarRot, how should I credit you for the scans? (Just StarRot? Ant email or website you want added?) Let me know.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Re: Toyble DBAF [Jan 26, 2012] Vol 4 finished! DBZero next.

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:44 pm

Ah, thanks. Re-packaging the pages will help a lot.

EDIT: Just read the volume #4 bonus. Truly beautiful.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:00 pm

Necrosaber wrote:Anyone able to translate his new message he posted on the 2nd?
Toyble says that following the quake his real job has continued to be very demanding, so he hasn’t been able to draw like he wants to. He wasn’t even able to participate in the Winter Comiket because of his job (or was Winter Comiket the one he forgot to register for? In which case even if he had registered his job would have prevented him from attending). But AF volume 4 should be out by next month, available at Mandarake.

Here's a translation of the recap page thing:
The Story Thus Far

In the distant Dragon World.

Previously, Son Goku and the other warriors of Earth had saved the planet from the likes of Cell and Majin Boo. Even afterwards the Earth faced numerous threats, but each time Goku and the others grew stronger and saved the world. And so Goku finally fulfilled his role, and vanished from the land of the living.

It seemed that true peace had come to the world and the story was over…but suddenly a new threat appeared on Earth! Going by the name “Xicor”, this man claims to be Son Goku’s son, and plans to destroy the world. To protect Earth, Vegeta, Trunks, and Son Gohan all engaged him in battle. But the difference in their powers was all too clear.

Concerned with the situation, Kaioshin descended to Earth. He planned to seal Xicor within the Z Sword. With the help of Gohan and the others he made an attempt at sealing Xicor, but Lyla interfered. Now Gohan has used the last of his power to pick up the sword…
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

BlazingFiddlesticks
I Live Here

Post by BlazingFiddlesticks » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:14 pm

That's one nice ending.

Even though it's not really the end.
JulieYBM wrote:
Pannaliciour wrote:Reading all the comments and interviews, my conclusion is: nobody knows what the hell is going on.
Just like Dragon Ball since Chapter #4.
son veku wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote:
BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:Kingdom Piccolo
Where is that located?
Canada

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:07 pm

Herms wrote:
Toyble says that following the quake his real job has continued to be very demanding, so he hasn’t been able to draw like he wants to. He wasn’t even able to participate in the Winter Comiket because of his job (or was Winter Comiket the one he forgot to register for? In which case even if he had registered his job would have prevented him from attending). But AF volume 4 should be out by next month, available at Mandarake.

The Story Thus Far

Previously, Son Goku and the other warriors of Earth had saved the planet from the likes of Cell and Majin Boo. Even afterwards the Earth faced numerous threats, but each time Goku and the others grew stronger and saved the world. And so Goku finally fulfilled his role, and vanished from the land of the living.

It seemed that true peace had come to the world and the story was over…but suddenly a new threat appeared on Earth! Going by the name “Xicor”, this man claims to be Son Goku’s son, and plans to destroy the world. To protect Earth, Vegeta, Trunks, and Son Gohan all engaged him in battle. But the difference in their powers was all too clear.

Concerned with the situation, Kaioshin descended to Earth. He planned to seal Xicor within the Z Sword. With the help of Gohan and the others he made an attempt at sealing Xicor, but Lyla interfered. Now Gohan has used the last of his power to pick up the sword…
Heh, I forgot about that page entirely. What about the text on top? I know the little boxes are character names, but what's the bit on the right? Also, how is the Old Kaioshin labelled ("something" Kaioshin)?

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:23 pm

desirecampbell wrote:Heh, I forgot about that page entirely. What about the text on top? I know the little boxes are character names, but what's the bit on the right? Also, how is the Old Kaioshin labelled ("something" Kaioshin)?
Whoops, totally overlooked that:
Cast of Characters
Son Gohan
Son Goku
East Kaioshin
Elder Kaioshin
Trunks
Vegeta
Xicor
Lyla (West Kaioshin)
So, eight characters listed, three of whom are Kaioshins. That's...something, I guess.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Necrosaber
Beyond Newbie

Post by Necrosaber » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:05 pm

Herms wrote:

The Story Thus Far

Thanks. I'll make sure to have some pennies stored for it. Only reason I haven't bought volume 4 on Yahoo Auctions is because it's not complete - even though it has the revised ending.

FindKenshi
Advanced Regular

Post by FindKenshi » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:21 pm

Sad that he ended it that way, what a copout.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:31 pm

FindKenshi wrote:Sad that he ended it that way, what a copout.
Ended what? Its not actually over...
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:44 pm

FindKenshi wrote:Sad that he ended it that way, what a copout.
He has repeatedly said that he is going to revise this chapter, it's just a filler mostly, the main story is far from done.

macho_man
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by macho_man » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:14 pm

Looks like Toyble is still alive and kicking... 28/02/2012 update! Now all we need is a translation, but maybe we can expect the complete 4th volume within the next ten days...
4巻できました。
ようやく書き終わりまして、
ただいま印刷中です。

おそらく10日前後でまんだらけ様で
通販が開始するかと思います。
待っていてくださった方々
遅くなってすいませんでした。

それと一応夏コミの申し込みはしました。
当選するといいのですが(^^;)

半年ぶりに公開漫画も更新させてもらいます。

※追記
ご指摘いただいただいた誤植修正いたしました。
素早いご指摘で印刷にも間に合いまいした。
大変助かりましたありがとうございました。

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:19 pm

Sounds like Volume #4 is hitting the printers and should be available at Mandarake soon.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Necrosaber
Beyond Newbie

Post by Necrosaber » Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:56 am

New book available on the Japanese side of Mandarake. :)

http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/ja/item_s-848211.html

macho_man
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by macho_man » Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:09 pm

Just bought, wohooo! :mrgreen: It had been pretty hard with all those ideograms, but I had to do so since the 4th volume isn't availlable yet on the english page of the site. It took "only" 19,xx €.