Toyble DBAF [June 9, 2012] Vol 4 HD release complete

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DNA
I Live Here

Re: Toyble DBAF [Sept 25, 2010] pg 175-191

Post by DNA » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:52 am

macho_man wrote:But, you know, it's Herms we need for translation. DesireCampbell is a typesetter.
Well, yeah, but the rest of chapter 4 still needs typesetting, and he has been the one manning the project.

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:36 pm

Tullece's mom bears a striking resemblance to Paifu's mom from Cowa!, one of Toriyama's short works.

Page 0
DB Zero episode 1
~Bardock’s Secret~

Page 1
Narrator: About 1 year before Planet Vegeta’s destruction…Bardock and the others had returned from the battlefield for the first time in several months—
Raditz: Dad!!!
Bardock: Raditz!
Raditz: Welcome back.
Raditz: Oh, this is “Tullece”!
Tullece: H…Hello.
Bardock: [r] Tullece? [l] Now where have I heard that name before?...
Raditz (offscreen): [r] He doesn’t have a dad! [l] He wanted to see mine, so I brought him.

Page 2
Raditz: See, you really do look like my dad.
Tullece: Re…Really?
Raditz: You’re identical! You sure we aren’t related? Well, they do say there aren’t that many types of Saiyan faces…
Tullece: Oh! Mom!
Bardock: I knew it…!!!
Raditz: [r] Hey, Tullece’s mom! [l] Here’s my dad!

Page 3
Mom: [r] Oh, nice to meet you. [l] Bardock.
Bardock: [r] The…[l] The pleasure’s all mine.
Raditz: Huh? How’d you know dad’s name?
Tullece: Raditz’s dad just returned from a long trip and was about to go back to his place.
Raditz: [r] Ah! [l] Hey! You came all the way here, so why don’t you all come to our house!
Mom: Oh, I wonder if your father will introduce me to his wife?
Raditz: Sure! Come on, come on!

Page 4
Mom SFX: Chirah
Bardock: Zokuh
Bardock: Ra…Raditz…
Bardock: [r] Let’s do it some other time! [l] OK?
Raditz: Huh? Why?
Bardock: Well…How do I say this? It’s not good for you to just spend all your time playing with other kids…
Narrator: The records list Tullece’s father as “Unknown”---
Mom: Fufufu

Page 5
DB Zero episode 1
Sorry that was so poorly done
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

macho_man
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by macho_man » Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:10 pm

Thanks Herms, I'm really glad you translated this. :)
And about Paifu's mom... ok, the only difference seems to be brown hair instead black. :wink:

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:36 pm

So... is anything happening on this project?

sniperking323

Post by sniperking323 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:37 pm

This was an enjoyable read!

Hope to see more soon :D

Titan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Titan » Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:01 pm

Credits goes to Herms- translation and editing:Calzone
DBAFV4 and bonus edited:

http://www.mediafire.com/?n1vcxagcgn769ns

goku1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by goku1234 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:07 am

so it seem that toyble has forgotten to register the next winter Comiket so what next??? is he still continued the manga or not? after he didn't register the next winter comiket!!!

macho_man
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by macho_man » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:29 am

Don't panic. This only means that this time Toyble has not to release a new DBAF volume within the Comiket date. However he's still working on his doujinshi. :wink:

SSJ Helldog
Regular

Post by SSJ Helldog » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:10 pm

Thanks, Titan! I've been waiting until I could read it all together.
Officer Hippoface sez: "I don't take kindly to vigilantes in my town."

goku1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by goku1234 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:26 am

macho_man wrote:Don't panic. This only means that this time Toyble has not to release a new DBAF volume within the Comiket date. However he's still working on his doujinshi. :wink:
oh!!! thanks for the info!! :)

macho_man
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by macho_man » Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:33 pm

Here's the one and only page remained untranslated. This is my own not-edited scan of page 2 (summary page) of DBAF 3. I ask kindly to Herms if is it possible to give us the translation of this summary, like done before with summary of DBAF 2. Anyway, thanks for your good work Herms. ^_^
{just click and re-click another time on it to expand} :-)

Titan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Titan » Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:08 pm

SSJ Helldog wrote:Thanks, Titan! I've been waiting until I could read it all together.
I'm glad you liked it. :)

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Post by batistabus » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:58 am

I just read all I could find of this comic now. I'm not a fan of GT or Broli, but this series has made me tolerate the first (at least in this universe) and actually like the second. Since I'm so late to the game, I'm not really sure what I'm missing (if I'm missing anything). The series jumped from Broli flash-backs to Kame-Sennin dyeing, and then just seems to end. Am I missing some reading? Has the series ended? Will it be continued at a later date?

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:22 am

batistabus wrote:I just read all I could find of this comic now. I'm not a fan of GT or Broli, but this series has made me tolerate the first (at least in this universe) and actually like the second. Since I'm so late to the game, I'm not really sure what I'm missing (if I'm missing anything). The series jumped from Broli flash-backs to Kame-Sennin dyeing, and then just seems to end. Am I missing some reading? Has the series ended? Will it be continued at a later date?
Kame-sennin dying is the potentially last chapter for the doujinshii, which was created far in advance. The "Final Chapter" has been used as a placeholder in early versions of volume releases when Toyble hasn't been able to get all the pages done that he planned to for his convention deadline. That said, currently Roshi has "died" at two different points in the story because of that, which I find amusing, but if the chapter is included at the end, he'll presumable "canonly" die then.

In short, the series is still being worked on, don't worry.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Rukura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Rukura » Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:12 pm

Oh, hey! I haven't been able to quite keep up with the manga. Just wondering if there's been a link posted with everything translated so far? (all of Toyble's AF...and aparently DBZero, which I haven't seen yet?) Thanks :mrgreen:
Full checklist of all Xenoverse clothing pieces, accessories and Z-Souls (Many thanks to jrdemr for the Z-Souls sheet): https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8vxc8m0fehev ... .xlsx?dl=0

Hisham

Post by Hisham » Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:27 pm

This is my first post
Does anyone know where I can read or download the dragonball af toyble english translation from page 190+?
I have been downloading from desirecampbell since he started uploading them, but i havent seen an upload for over a year.

If anyone can help, thanks.

Perfect

Post by Perfect » Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:44 pm

So people actually like this fan manga? I just read a bit of it and I can't stand it.
Fox666 wrote:It seems you have pissed a lot of people on this forum, and I am quite sure they would like to call you stupid and say that's the designated adjectives for you. But they don't do that because of there are rules in this community.

Rukura

Post by Rukura » Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:12 pm

Perfect wrote:So people actually like this fan manga? I just read a bit of it and I can't stand it.
Nope. What? You thought that people took the time to translate a fanmanga from a dude in Japan and have an on-going 90 page thread because they actually liked it? That's just crazy :P

Seriously, though, come on dude. If you don't like it, that's fine. But there's no need to be calling out other people on their tastes, not cool. I like it just as much as Multiverse :D
Full checklist of all Xenoverse clothing pieces, accessories and Z-Souls (Many thanks to jrdemr for the Z-Souls sheet): https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8vxc8m0fehev ... .xlsx?dl=0

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:31 pm

Rukura wrote:I like it just as much as Multiverse :D
Yeah, me too. Too bad that AF isn't as fast as Multiverse is... :(
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Rukura

Post by Rukura » Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:39 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
Rukura wrote:I like it just as much as Multiverse :D
Yeah, me too. Too bad that AF isn't as fast as Multiverse is... :(
I know, right? I've been eager for more hoping that there's something I haven't seen yet lol.
I think it's both a blessing and a curse, really. With AF, we don't get much but what we get is solid. And the specials Toyble does, like DBZero, are great as well. With Multiverse, we get a lot...but when they need something to keep the schedule going... :P (Those "specials" just do not help the comic at all)