Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dario03
Advanced Regular

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by dario03 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:55 pm

Calling it now, Cold goes 5th form and uses his new speed to throw blonde hair dye onto Bra :D

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:34 pm

I hope Bra wins. I will call bullshit if Cold's 5th form can somehow can reach at Vegito tier level.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:13 am

Doesn't ssj1 Bra= Ultimate Gohan?

I can see 5th form Cold reaching a level to challange base Bra if thats the case.

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:42 am

miguelnuva1 wrote:Doesn't ssj1 Bra= Ultimate Gohan?

I can see 5th form Cold reaching a level to challange base Bra if thats the case.
Base vegetto is implied to be around mystic gohan, and SS vegetto is around the same level as SS2 bra.
I don't see how even a 6th form cold will be a match (unless it is a golden form or something like that lol)
My dragon ball respect threads
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

Darkron2151
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Darkron2151 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:15 pm

apex_pretador wrote:
Base vegetto is implied to be around mystic gohan, and SS vegetto is around the same level as SS2 bra.
I don't see how even a 6th form cold will be a match (unless it is a golden form or something like that lol)
Salagir seems to also be using different SSJ Multipliers, so keep that in mind.
  • SSJ: 50x
    SSJ2: 500x
    SSJ3: 5,000x
And as for SSJ Bra, Gohan's implied to be a good deal stronger than her, as he was willing to let her take out her full frustration on him when Pan died. And it seemed as though SSJ2 Bra was only stronger than a weakened SSJ Vegetto. So from all that, Cold may have a chance IMO.

Tzigi
Regular

Post by Tzigi » Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:01 pm

Darkron2151 wrote: Salagir seems to also be using different SSJ Multipliers, so keep that in mind.
  • SSJ: 50x
    SSJ2: 500x
    SSJ3: 5,000x
The best errors are the ones where it's easy to provide evidence to the contrary. Salagir doesn't view SSJ as multipliers:
There tiers may evolve in DBM and some surprises appear ;) But as I think a transformation is a powerlevel, less than a base multiplyer (eg Goku SSJ1 cant beat Vegeta SSJ2. Vegeta SSJ2 can't beat Goku SSJ3), one transformation basically mean a power level. Fusions are exceptions.

SSJ2 Tier: Goku SSJ2, Vegeta SSJ2, Vegeta M SSJ2, Young Gohan SSJ2, Perfect Cell (DBZ)
SSJ3 Tier: Goku SSJ3 (DBZ), Kid Buu, Super Buu, Base DBZ Vegetto, Young Gotenks SSJ3 (DBZ)
In-between: Mystic Gohan, base Vegetto, Son Bra SSJ1(?)
SSJ"4" Tier: Buu-Gotenks, Buu-Gohan
SSJ"5" Tier: SSJ1 Vegetto, SSJ2 Son Bra
SSJ"6" Tier: SSJ2 Vegetto, Broly at the end of his fight, Buu U4
SSJ"38" Tier: me
source

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:52 pm

Umm...too much self love? Ugh...another reason for me to dislike Salagir and his logic. Seriously I still remember this page...

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:59 pm

That's not entirely true either.

He accepts Super Saiyan as a 50x multiplier, and his original rationalization for viewing them as power levels was that the multiplier would be too high:
We believe that because each level of SSJ is a huge huge powerup, like 50 times the original power.
So take Gohan and Goku who were about the same level at Cell's Game (even if it's clear that Gohan SSJ1 was already much stronger than his father). Gohan goes SSJ2. He is like 50 times stronger than SSJ1. Will Goku become 50 times stronger by training ? No, he'll just go SSJ2.
Although I believe 50 is the powerup from "normal" to SSJ1, you may think it's too much for SSJ1 to SSJ2. But I think even with a 10x powerup, it's already a big difference.
Source

The novelization also describes Vegetto's power growing tenfold from Super Saiyan 2 to Super Saiyan 3.

Bra is obviously another exception to this "power level" rule, and she is not a fusion.

I believe his original point was that the regular Saiyans just won't grow powerful enough to surpass each other in different forms. But he consistently references multipliers, it's just that he seems to believe a Saiyan normally can't reach a level of strength without becoming a Super Saiyan in the process, though that does contradict the Trunks' special chapter.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:52 am

Saiga wrote: I believe his original point was that the regular Saiyans just won't grow powerful enough to surpass each other in different forms.
I believe so. And that's how I take it. No need to complicate more than that.

Regarder
Regular

Post by Regarder » Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:18 am

BlazingBarrrager wrote:
Umm...too much self love?
It's a joke. When Salagir actually self-inserted himself all he did was get a signature from Toriyama that he couldn't read.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:31 am

rereboy wrote:Well, in filler, in the Buu saga, base Vegetto was able to put up a fight against Gohan-buu... And even going just by the manga, SSJ Vegetto was much more powerful than Gohan-Buu so it's easy to assume that Gohan-Buu wouldn't be much more powerful than base Vegetto in the manga... So there's a big margin for how powerful base Bra can be here.
No, the anime actually mess this up, in the manga we all know that Super Vegetto was way above Boo-han, but if his Base as strong enough to take him, so why transform? I think Base Vegetto (manga) is only above a SSJ2-tier IMO
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:41 pm

Cold too? :lolno:

Salagir just LOVES making Freeza look like a joke.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:58 pm

I call bullshit if Cold's 5th form is above SSj3 when his 4th form is mention to be at #16 level.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:05 pm

I wonder if my enjoyment for this fan comic is higher than most because I couldn't give a shit about power levels.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:20 pm

4th form was Android 16 level, i would say this form will be Cell Games Perfect Cell tier. If normal Bra is stronger than Mystic Gohan, it shouldn't be very hard, but..we wil see, looking forward to see cool choreography :)
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:33 pm

Scarz wrote:I wonder if my enjoyment for this fan comic is higher than most because I couldn't give a shit about power levels.
rofl. Don't ever change. :lol:

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:03 pm

Scarz wrote:I wonder if my enjoyment for this fan comic is higher than most because I couldn't give a shit about power levels.
u iz jsut n0t a tru fan
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Darkron2151
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Darkron2151 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:59 pm

Why is everyone saying Cold is only #16 tier? That was in a suppressed state of his true form where that was mentioned. He then powered up even more facing Bardock, and now we got Super Evolution Cold on top of that. Honestly, the way exposition works in this series, Piccolo or someone will probably tell us how strong the guy is.

On a side note, one of my favorite parts about Asura's art style was the way Freeza and Coola was drawn, even in their Super Forms. Can't wait to see how Cold's design will look.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:28 pm

Bra should actually be around ssj2 buu saga tier in strength depending on how Salagir's tier works.
Last edited by miguelnuva1 on Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:04 pm

Noah wrote:
rereboy wrote:Well, in filler, in the Buu saga, base Vegetto was able to put up a fight against Gohan-buu... And even going just by the manga, SSJ Vegetto was much more powerful than Gohan-Buu so it's easy to assume that Gohan-Buu wouldn't be much more powerful than base Vegetto in the manga... So there's a big margin for how powerful base Bra can be here.
No, the anime actually mess this up, in the manga we all know that Super Vegetto was way above Boo-han, but if his Base as strong enough to take him, so why transform? I think Base Vegetto (manga) is only above a SSJ2-tier IMO
I didn't state that gohan-buu wasn't more powerful, just that he might not be much more powerful. For example, he could be just twice as strong as base Vegetto. Vegetto would still find that he needed to transform.