Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:54 pm

Gotenks is going full Homer Simpsons now. Now all he needs is a mace.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:29 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:Gotenks is going full Homer Simpsons now. Now all he needs is a mace.
That whole scene is taken completely out of context.

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:26 pm

goku1234 wrote:Image
The legs in the first panel look gross but LMAO at that third panel :lol:

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:37 pm

It's nice to see Bra with an expression thats not annoyed/angry/arrogant.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:38 pm

...So wait, any explanation for where Bra's energy ball went? The one that could've potentially destroyed the palace?
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:05 pm

Gotenks, you're going to make Bulma mad if you say that. You're supposed to be going easy on Bra.

But seriously, that was unnecessary IMO.
Also, why do Fusions never take off their vest?
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:54 pm

Marco Polo wrote: The legs in the first panel look gross but LMAO at that third panel :lol:
Relevant video
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:21 pm

Any explanation of why Bra is suddenly happy? She's grump little kid, anyway... Gotenks should not be this jacked, he's looks like Gogeta
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:08 am

...Btw, does anyone else find it hilarious how utterly JACKED Gotenks is? Like, dude's starting to enter Younger Toguro levels of muscle here! Apparently fusion makes the users really buff :lol: !!

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:58 am

ryou766 wrote:It's common sense that the same rule doesn't only apply to Naruto but to other manga/books/television shows as well.
What...? I mean, literally, what...?

These are made-up fictional worlds with their own made-up rules about how everything works and that (obviously) greatly differ from each other on how they work and from the real world... Even the rules of physics are shown to be greatly different from the real world and from each other because what happens in these worlds is inconsistent with the rules of physics in the real world and from each other.

In the case of the Saiyans, they are literally an alien species with a biology different from humans, and even in the real world it wouldn't be such a stretch to think that an alien species different from humans could produce stronger offspring in direct proportion to how strong the progenitors are in the moment of conception, let alone in a fictional work like Dragon Ball or in a fan manga based on Dragon Ball... Furthermore, nothings contradicts this notion in Dragon Ball and it even helps explain how Goten and Trunks were that powerful in the Buu saga, which makes it a valid interpretation within the universe of Dragon Ball.

Your explanation of "Trunks and Goten were just poorly written" is not an explanation at all and it doesn't even bother in trying to to explain things or follow things logically. It just does what you seem to be doing in your posts, which is to simply confuse your own personal preferences with actual logically valid interpretations, and if you aren't able to grasp the difference between the two, then an actual discussion can never be worthwhile.
Noah wrote:I do agree she as a kid being strong as Gotenks is stupid, but whatever (can't wait for rereboy reply)
You aren't actually bashing so your comment is basically normal as far as I'm concerned. But if you really want a reply to that, I would say that I think it's more or less in line with Gotenks and Trunks compared to the adult saiyans in the Buu saga while in the same form. Just substitute Goten VS Gohan and Trunks VS Vegeta with Bra VS Vegetto in regards to power level.
Bansho64 wrote: How? If people don't like something, they're going to give feedback. And that's their right. The only thing others could expect of them, is to properly word what they don't like and why don't like it.

If multiple people don't like Bra, then of course they're gonna express their dislike for her. I don't see how it's tiring for others to express the same opinion :? If the complaint has the expectations I listed above incorporated into it, then there shouldn't be a problem.
Giving feedback, stating what you think, etc, doesn't translate to bashing. There can be a world of difference between the two, like there can be a world of difference between a good article in a reputable website or magazine and a youtube comment. If you really want to be technical, if both of them are about the same issue, they are both comments about that same issue. But are they the same? Not in the least.

And a very large and frequent comments regarding DBM are pure bashing. Still, Salagir responds with humor about it as seen in this mini-comic. One thing seems sure... He will make the comic that he wants to make.

Bansho64
I Live Here

Post by Bansho64 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:21 pm

rereboy wrote: Giving feedback, stating what you think, etc, doesn't translate to bashing. There can be a world of difference between the two, like there can be a world of difference between a good article in a reputable website or magazine and a youtube comment. If you really want to be technical, if both of them are about the same issue, they are both comments about that same issue. But are they the same? Not in the least.
Excuse me, but where did bashing come into this? I never even mentioned it nor did I ever state that it was okay or that feedback translated into it.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:28 pm

Bansho64 wrote:
rereboy wrote: Giving feedback, stating what you think, etc, doesn't translate to bashing. There can be a world of difference between the two, like there can be a world of difference between a good article in a reputable website or magazine and a youtube comment. If you really want to be technical, if both of them are about the same issue, they are both comments about that same issue. But are they the same? Not in the least.
Excuse me, but where did bashing come into this? I never even mentioned it.
You didn't, but I did, and I did it precisely because you didn't talked about how bashing exists in regards to DBM and how much of it exists. And that's exactly the point. The problem is not people just giving their opinions and comments, the problem is when they start to go into bashing territory, especially when that happens frequently, and, unfortunately, in regards to DBM, that is very common.

Talking just about how people should give their opinion misses the key issue because the issue is not people not being able to give their opinion and their comments.

Bansho64
I Live Here

Post by Bansho64 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:30 pm

rereboy wrote: You didn't, but I did, and I did it precisely because you didn't talked about that. And that's exactly the point. The problem is not people just giving their opinions and comments, the problem is when they start to go into bashing territory, especially when that happens frequently, and, unfortunately, in regards to DBM, that is very common.

Talking just about how people should give their opinion misses the key issue because the issue is not people not being able to give their opinion and their comments.
That's certainly what it seemed like to me. The original user didn't specify whether he meant bashing. He said repeated complaints in general were tiring. I didn't say bashing because no-one addressed that's what we were specifically talking about.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:36 pm

Bansho64 wrote:
rereboy wrote: You didn't, but I did, and I did it precisely because you didn't talked about that. And that's exactly the point. The problem is not people just giving their opinions and comments, the problem is when they start to go into bashing territory, especially when that happens frequently, and, unfortunately, in regards to DBM, that is very common.

That's certainly what it seemed like to me. The original user didn't specify whether he meant bashing. He said repeated complaints in general were tiring. I didn't say bashing because no-one addressed that's what we were specifically talking about.
If a person constantly repeats the same things/criticism over and over, ad nauseam, even if the words on their own aren't that bad, it still is a form of bashing.

Bansho64
I Live Here

Post by Bansho64 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:44 pm

rereboy wrote: If a person constantly repeats the same things/criticism over and over, ad nauseam, even if the words on their own aren't that bad, it still is a form of bashing.
I don't see it that way. And I don't think he meant just one person repeating the complaint, but actually multiple people having the same complaint repeatedly.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:28 pm

Bansho64 wrote:
rereboy wrote: If a person constantly repeats the same things/criticism over and over, ad nauseam, even if the words on their own aren't that bad, it still is a form of bashing.
I don't see it that way. And I don't think he meant just one person repeating the complaint, but actually multiple people having the same complaint repeatedly.
If I, for example, every 4 pages in this topic, made a post saying "I don't like most of this comic" for dozens of pages or more, there would be no doubt in my mind that I would be bashing the comic. And there's nothing wrong the words I used in that scenario, just the constant repeated insistence. So, I obviously disagree.

As for a person simply repeating what has been repeated by others for hundreds of pages, with that person being aware that it has been repeated that much, and without adding something new and worthwile to the discussion, I have a hard time believing that that person is simply commenting and not just joining the "bandwagon of bashing", so to speak.

Bansho64
I Live Here

Post by Bansho64 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:35 pm

rereboy wrote:I have a hard time believing that that person is simply commenting and not just joining the "bandwagon of bashing", so to speak.
Then ask them. It's better than making an assumption and generalizing that person together with the rest of them. It may be hard to believe but that doesn't mean it's not true.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:08 pm

rereboy wrote:You aren't actually bashing so your comment is basically normal as far as I'm concerned. But if you really want a reply to that, I would say that I think it's more or less in line with Gotenks and Trunks compared to the adult saiyans in the Buu saga while in the same form. Just substitute Goten VS Gohan and Trunks VS Vegeta with Bra VS Vegetto in regards to power level.
Question:

You do like this series a lot don't you? And no, I'm not saying that because you defend it a lot, but you have done it for years till now

I know is all that:
My posts were just about pointing out the excessive and illogical negativity and criticism.
But it seems you like more this Fanmanga than anyone else in this thread, but don't mind me, I'm just asking :D
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:09 pm

Bansho64 wrote:
rereboy wrote:I have a hard time believing that that person is simply commenting and not just joining the "bandwagon of bashing", so to speak.
Then ask them. It's better than making an assumption and generalizing that person together with the rest of them. It may be hard to believe but that doesn't mean it's not true.
I think it's naive to believe that most would just say "yeah, I'm bashing". In fact, most probably don't even admit to themselves that they are bashing even when they are.
Noah wrote:
rereboy wrote:You aren't actually bashing so your comment is basically normal as far as I'm concerned. But if you really want a reply to that, I would say that I think it's more or less in line with Gotenks and Trunks compared to the adult saiyans in the Buu saga while in the same form. Just substitute Goten VS Gohan and Trunks VS Vegeta with Bra VS Vegetto in regards to power level.
Question:

You do like this series a lot don't you? And no, I'm not saying that because you defend it a lot, but you have done it for years till now

I know is all that:
My posts were just about pointing out the excessive and illogical negativity and criticism.
But it seems you like more this Fanmanga than anyone else in this thread, but don't mind me, I'm just asking :D
Like I've answered several times before, in terms of fan mangas of Dragon Ball, I think this one is one of the best. Not the best, mind you, I think "who wants to be a superhero", for example, is better even though its much smaller scale than DBM. However, DBM is pretty impressive in its own right. Although I see several flaws in DBM (even when taking into consideration that its a fan manga), its scale, overall quality in the art, the setting, a few clever plot developments, the attention given to many characters even if it's only for limited time, the fact that it follows pretty naturally from the manga (and from some movies) with, usually, valid and logical interpretations for things that could happen and exist without exaggerating nearly as much with characters out of nowhere and inflated power levels as the typical fan manga does, all that makes it stand apart from the typical fan mangas, almost making it seem like, with some changes, it could be the basis for a worthwhile official product, especially when compared to some of the official stuff in recent years.

However, DBM is only that impressive when taking into consideration that its a fan manga within the franchise of Dragon Ball. If we start to compare it to official stuff, especially outside of Dragon Ball, then obviously it's nothing impressive at all and it's very mediocre with some bad things. But, like I've pointed out several times, I'm not in the habit of comparing the incomparable. DBM is a fan manga and is limited by it, period, so it should obviously always be judged as such and there's no point in insisting on points and criticisms that exist, at least partly, due to it being a fan manga, like the release schedule and some things not being better developed.

As for me commenting often on this topic, that's not really about me liking DBM or not. Go to the topic of another DB fan manga, in this forum or another. Most of the time do you know what you will see? You will see fan mangas that, most of the time, with everything considered, aren't better than DBM, but have about a 1/10 or a 1/100 of the bashing that DBM gets or unfair criticism. That's why I comment often, because it's simply ridiculous.
Last edited by rereboy on Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:36 pm

Dragon Ball New Age and Who Wants to be Superhero? are the two only fan manga that I consider are better than DBM, and even worthwhile.

I don't hold against DBM, but it's just not interesting anymore. A lot has changed with the franchise since then and DBM just feels a bit samey.
Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's #1 biggest fan

A piece of animation is a beauty of art.