Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Noah » Sat Dec 24, 2016 4:50 pm

Fionordequester wrote:I mean, look at Final Form Freeza vs. Piccolo, Gohan, and Krillin. Guy's powered dwarfed them so much that time seemed to Freeza while he shot Death Beams at them.
You quote the wrong person, mate :lol:

Merry Christmas!
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

FreddleFrooby
Not-So-Newbie

Post by FreddleFrooby » Sat Dec 24, 2016 5:02 pm

Fionordequester wrote:
BlazingBarrrager wrote: BARDOCK CAN SEE THE FUTURE!!! lol
VEGETA AND GOKU BECOME A GUYYY!!!
VEGETTO GOES MAAAAAAD!

CELL JR. AND GOKU BECOME FRIEEEEEENDS!

GOHAN STILL DOESN'T SEEM TO DO CRAAAAP!

That being said, I'm glad I'm likely wrong with my earlier guess at the Ginyu thing ending quickly. DBM is truly unpredictable.
Vegeta: How?! How are you so much more powerful than me?!
Goku Black: Because Vegeta, a rose by any other name.... is still Goku.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:44 am

coola wrote:
rereboy wrote:
coola wrote:... have no way to escape?
What...?
He hold him by neck, so he cant even teleport without him, and i don't think he could let him go in time.
I mean, Vegetto could be caught in it, nothing is impossible, but after the page showing how fast he can react, that seems very unlikely to me.

After the page with Vegetto reacting faster than Ginyu-Bra could blast away Bra-Cold (that implied that Vegetto could distinguish between the attack and the switch technique, even though Ginyu-Bra did it in the middle of saying "switch", and still be fast enough to react to it and prevent it from happening), there's no reason to think that his reaction is now not much faster than Ginyu-Bra. Especially since it's clear that Vegetto is expecting Ginyu to do his tricks as we saw in that page.

All that Vegetto would have to do is move his hand/arm before Ginyu actually fires, either to put himself out of the way or to put Ginyu away from him or turn him to face another direction.

goku1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by goku1234 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:24 pm

captin giyu got OWN!!!

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:33 pm

Wow, that was pretty cool, i've underestimated Vegetto, wonder how Ginyu gonna survive that? Even if he lie to Freeza and others he is still Bra, they probably wont care, and kill him anyway.
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

ParkerAL
Regular

Post by ParkerAL » Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:35 pm

Lame. What a waste of a subplot. Ginyu Bra was fun.
Last edited by ParkerAL on Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Favorite Movies: Alien, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, The Thing, Evil Dead, The Land Before Time
Favorite Shows: Cardcaptor Sakura, Doctor Who, Wallace and Gromit, Wakfu, Yu Yu Hakusho
Favorite Manga: Fullmetal Alchemist, Hunter x Hunter, Dragon Ball
Augenis wrote:The power level view into the series has trained a significant portion of the fan base into real life stereotypical members of the Freeza empire, where each and every individual is reduced to a floating number above their heads and any sudden changes to said number are met with shock and confusion.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:35 pm

Terrible, absolutely terrible. An entire chapter made completely pointless just to show off how hyper-sugoii Vegetto and U16 is for the 20th time.

ParkerAL
Regular

Post by ParkerAL » Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:42 pm

It is silly how much control Vegito had over this situation. He didn't slip up once. Not even a little bit.

Unless...

Maybe Ginyu's change ability doesn't work on unconscious bodies? Maybe he needs direct contact with the person's mouth for it to work? Maybe he's still tricking Vegeto?

Until the next page, I can hold out hope, can't I?

On a more positive note, the way Vegito greets his daughter here is sweet.
Last edited by ParkerAL on Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Favorite Movies: Alien, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, The Thing, Evil Dead, The Land Before Time
Favorite Shows: Cardcaptor Sakura, Doctor Who, Wallace and Gromit, Wakfu, Yu Yu Hakusho
Augenis wrote:The power level view into the series has trained a significant portion of the fan base into real life stereotypical members of the Freeza empire, where each and every individual is reduced to a floating number above their heads and any sudden changes to said number are met with shock and confusion.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:45 pm

ParkerAL wrote:It really is silly how much control Vegito had over this situation. He didn't slip up once. Not even a little bit.
Why should he? He's perfectly aware of Ginyu's technique and much superior to him in power and ability. If he did slip sup, it would probably feel more like the plot demanded it than anything else.

Also, as I commented before, I don't agree with the notion of Ginyu being a "waste" just because Vegetto managed to thwart him in this chapter. It was fun and interesting (aka the main point of the DBM), it managed to make Freeza's universe more relevant and interesting, but Ginyu isn't top villain material and Ginyu isn't dead, so who knows what will happen next in regards to him.

But I do hope Bra or Vegetto take something from this... That would be good development.

ParkerAL
Regular

Post by ParkerAL » Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:00 pm

I get that he's on a level far beyond any other character, but the comic is overselling his abilities and perception at this point. His feats were almost comically flawless.

I'm not going to completely write off this chapter as waste. Bra might actually learn a lesson here. But right now it looks like an unnecessary sideshow reminding us how awesome Vegito is.

It would have worked better if U16 had found out about the switch later, after gradually building their suspicions. The same ending could have played out, but without the narrative whiplash of them immediately solving the problem.
Last edited by ParkerAL on Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:04 pm

Wow, she didn't even say thank you

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:13 pm

Why do I get the feeling there's more than meets the eye? Vegetto got off way too easily.
Marco Polo wrote:Wow, she didn't even say thank you
She's an asshole what do you expect?

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:21 pm

ParkerAL wrote:I get that he's on a level far beyond any other character, but the comic is overselling his abilities and perception at this point. His feats were almost comically flawless.

I'm not going to completely write off this chapter as waste. Bra might actually learn a lesson here. But right now it looks like an unnecessary sideshow reminding us how awesome Vegito is.

It would have worked better if U16 had found out about the switch later, after gradually building their suspicions. The same ending could have played out, but without the narrative whiplash of them immediately solving the problem.
The comic has already showed us that Vegetto can be caught off-guard with something unexpected, like in the XXI fight. He's not flawless. But he's completely aware of Ginyu and his technique in this case.

Also, it would be strange if people watching the fight didn't notice the technique. People not aware of what it is might not realize it, but the characters aware of it would realize it.
BlazingBarrrager wrote: She's an asshole what do you expect?
Yes, she is.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:53 pm

Goodbye Brayu.

You really were the life of the party. You smiled. You made jokes. the parody comics were HILARIOUS. You were the best thing to ever happen to DBM. I knew you wouldn't last, you're still a villain after all...but I'll miss you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bq54jb_5WCI

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 6:50 pm

And my hope that DBM could've done something actually good just died on the spot.

Wow. That's really really dumb.

Now we'll get another 2 months of stupid specials

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:10 pm

DBMultiverse.....

When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:20 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:And my hope that DBM could've done something actually good just died on the spot.
My thoughts exactly. All seemed rather pointless. So either Vegetto goes evil by himself as in the foresaw or I don't know how the fuck Ginyu is going to do exchange bodies with him.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:24 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote: Now we'll get another 2 months of stupid specials
Wait what? :evil:
At least it will be only for one chapter.....won´t it?
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:30 pm

What if Ginyu do Body Change when they are about to leave, and this time, switch with Vegetto?
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:37 pm

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote: Now we'll get another 2 months of stupid specials
Wait what? :evil:
At least it will be only for one chapter.....won´t it?
Well maybe not 2 months but it's still a break for pointless filler which may likely be poorly drawn