Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Fionordequester » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:59 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote:I do, and mild concussions are nothing serious, especially in the DB-verse. Goku took a blow to the back of the head from Vegeta that surely would have shaken his brain quite a bit and was knocked out for several minutes which would cause severe damage in real life but Goku doesn't experience any negative effects.
...You uh...sure about that last statement :lol: ? Cuz considering Super's latest Arc...
rereboy wrote:Jeese and his girl aren't doing anything besides lying together.
...Actually, now that I think about it...maybe that's what makes it different. Like, Toriyama had dirty humor, but it never stopped just at "oh yeah, they banged". There was always something else he was doing with it, like the "AH, YOUR BALLS ARE MISSING!", or the comedic irony we had when Bulma flashed Roshi (Bulma THOUGHT she had panties on, but we the audience know that Goku removed them earlier), or Roshi (presumably) blissfully wishing he could take Goku's place in that bed, or all the crazy shenanigans that happened when Roshi tried to grope all of the female characters...

Here, it's just kind of like "okay, Jeice has a libido...so......what?" :eh:
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:39 am

Fionordequester wrote:
...Actually, now that I think about it...maybe that's what makes it different. Like, Toriyama had dirty humor, but it never stopped just at "oh yeah, they banged". There was always something else he was doing with it, like the "AH, YOUR BALLS ARE MISSING!", or the comedic irony we had when Bulma flashed Roshi (Bulma THOUGHT she had panties on, but we the audience know that Goku removed them earlier), or Roshi (presumably) blissfully wishing he could take Goku's place in that bed, or all the crazy shenanigans that happened when Roshi tried to grope all of the female characters...

Here, it's just kind of like "okay, Jeice has a libido...so......what?" :eh:
Characters had children, aka sex, in the manga and it wasn't played for laughs. The conclusion from that is also "hey, they have a libido and want families".

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:03 pm

You can do this Nail! :)
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:32 am

I guess they didn't train after all.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:15 am

I never noticed, but are they consistent with the "4 fingers Namekian thing"?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:50 am

TheUltimateNinja wrote:I guess they didn't train after all.
Which is really bizarre since you'd think Nail & Goku would work their asses off to before going to fight Freeza, especially Nail who doesn't have KK to compensate.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

goku1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by goku1234 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:18 pm

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:40 pm

Justice huh?

Like I said, I would be so down for a Ginyu Special, but using it here is just padding.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:36 pm

FoolsGil wrote:Justice huh?
Well here's the thing Goku and Nail are technically terrorists right now. Who are currently fighting against the equivalent of the police
FoolsGil wrote:Like I said, I would be so down for a Ginyu Special, but using it here is just padding.
I consider it too be a rather nice touch. It's certainly making sure that my eventual review of the chapter isn't as low as it could have been.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:15 pm

Multiverse still doing a good job with alien species design :thumbup:
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:16 pm

Unless that planet is the size of a star there's no way Ginyu should take 5 minutes to get to the other side, and it's physically impossible for a terrestrial planet to be that big. I guess Ginyu feels like taking a nap along the way.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:36 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote:Unless that planet is the size of a star there's no way Ginyu should take 5 minutes to get to the other side, and it's physically impossible for a terrestrial planet to be that big. I guess Ginyu feels like taking a nap along the way.
The circumference of the Earth is 40.075.000 meters, which means that one would have to travel 20.037.500 meters to get to the same spot on the other side.

If one needs 5 minutes to do it, he is traveling at 66.792 meters per second (219.134 feet per second). That's 240.451,2 Kilometers per hour or 149.409 miles per hour.

That is pretty fast... And that is assuming that the size is the same of the Earth, which is described as pretty small by Freeza and Cold in the manga.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:50 pm

rereboy wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote:Unless that planet is the size of a star there's no way Ginyu should take 5 minutes to get to the other side, and it's physically impossible for a terrestrial planet to be that big. I guess Ginyu feels like taking a nap along the way.
The circumference of the Earth is 40.075.000 meters, which means that one would have to travel 20.037.500 meters to get to the same spot on the other side.

If one needs 5 minutes to do it, he is traveling at 66.792 meters per second (219.134 feet per second).

That is pretty fast... And that is assuming that the size is the same of the Earth, which is described as pretty small by Freeza and Cold in the manga.
For a second there I confused those periods for decimal points, generally we use commas instead.

Anyway, it's still way slower than he should be. At 20,000 km/5 minutes his speed would be 240,000 km/h.

Tao Pai Pai was able to throw a pillar at ~14,000 km/h back in DB.

Goku's Kinto'un was able to travel at ~80,000 km/h from Karin Tower to Piccolo's castle and later from Karin Tower to the Saiyans.

Considering how Ginyu's at a power level of 120,000 and therefore way above anything we've seen in DB, he should be much faster than only 3x Kinto'un and only 17x Tao Pai Pai's throwing speed.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:54 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote:
rereboy wrote:

If one needs 5 minutes to do it, he is traveling at 66.792 meters per second (219.134 feet per second).

For a second there I confused those periods for decimal points, generally we use commas instead.

Anyway, it's still way slower than he should be. At 20,000 km/5 minutes his speed would be 240,000 km/h.

Tao Pai Pai was able to throw a pillar at ~14,000 km/h back in DB.

Goku's Kinto'un was able to travel at ~80,000 km/h from Karin Tower to Piccolo's castle and later from Karin Tower to the Saiyans.

Considering how Ginyu's at a power level of 120,000 and therefore way above anything we've seen in DB, he should be much faster than only 3x Kinto'un and only 17x Tao Pai Pai's throwing speed.
If Dragon Ball was actually perfectly consistent about feats, yes. But it clearly isn't. Also, that's only true for a planet equal to Earth. As far as we know, this planet could be several times larger.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:00 pm

Didn't Goku travel all the way to the other side of Namek in a second, after he recovered?

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:04 pm

Doctor. wrote:Didn't Goku travel all the way to the other side of Namek in a second, after he recovered?
They were fighting relatively close by to the ship because the fight was going on more or less on the place where Krillin and Gohan summoned the dragon.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:06 pm

rereboy wrote: If Dragon Ball was actually perfectly consistent about feats, yes. But it clearly isn't. Also, that's only true for a planet equal to Earth. As far as we know, this planet could be several times larger.
Considering how it's solid and nobody's mentioned the gravity being particularly different from what they're used to, I doubt its size is any different. Also, there's a limit to the size of terrestrial planets.

rereboy wrote:
Doctor. wrote:Didn't Goku travel all the way to the other side of Namek in a second, after he recovered?
They were fighting relatively close by to the ship because the fight was going on more or less on the place where Krillin and Gohan summoned the dragon.
He's referring to the Viz manga blurb that says Goku was healing on the other side of the planet.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:13 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote: Considering how it's solid and nobody's mentioned the gravity being particularly different from what they're used to, I doubt its size is any different. Also, there's a limit to the size of terrestrial planets.
That's irrelevant. It's considered impossible by science as we know it for a rock planet to have 10 times the gravity of Earth (aka like planet Vegeta has, so that alone is already impossible) and Kaio's planet is tiny and has the same gravity. Your assumptions are based on rules that are clearly not followed in DB.
He's referring to the Viz manga blurb that says Goku was healing on the other side of the planet.
Well, I don't know what the original said but just by the events that doesn't make sense. Also, everyone considered impossible that Goku could travel to Roshi's island and get back in less than a second without teleportation which he would be able to to if he could travel to the other side of Namek in less than a second without teleportation.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:17 pm

rereboy wrote: Well, I don't know what the original said but just by the events that doesn't make sense. Also, everyone considered impossible that Goku could travel to Roshi's island and get back in less than a second without teleportation which he would be able to to if he could travel to the other side of Namek in less than a second without teleportation.
A timeframe is never specified in the manga. Anyway, it makes sense for him to be that fast with a power level of 3,000,000.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:22 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote: A timeframe is never specified in the manga. Anyway, it makes sense for him to be that fast with a power level of 3,000,000.
In the manga, Freeza says something like "I guess I'll finish you off now", then it cuts to Goku starting to travel, and then he arrives, with Freeza only having time to lift his arm to finish Vegeta. Clearly no more than 1 or, at best, a few seconds went by.