Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gog
I Live Here

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Gog » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:57 pm

Daisetsu wrote:
Gog wrote:Goku in the manga has shown that his body was flat out better in the manga, you're right in that he doesn't use it as a last resort. But the problem here is that Goku and Ginyu had been sparring for a few minutes, and both of them look unharmed, as in they where equals. This scene is out of character as Ginyu has no reason to go after a body equal to his, it's just not something that Ginyu has ever done.
Look closer at Ginyu, he's got a bunch of scuffs and scratches while Goku has none; they're clearly not equal here.
Oh, you're right.

testing223
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by testing223 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:41 pm

Noah wrote: I thought "Change!" blast was invisible :think:
The artist still needs to be able to show how it's happening in a comic.
I play baseball and work in LA.

TheOverlyMadHatter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheOverlyMadHatter » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:14 am

testing223 wrote:
Noah wrote: I thought "Change!" blast was invisible :think:
The artist still needs to be able to show how it's happening in a comic.
I'm pretty sure he meant that it if it's invisible in-universe, how did Nail see it coming?

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:03 am

He doesn't need to see it coming. He sees that Goku is distracted and he sees Ginyu prepare some sort of attack, so he puts himself in front of Goku to protect him. Seeing the beam or not is irrelevant.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:58 pm

rereboy wrote:He doesn't need to see it coming. He sees that Goku is distracted and he sees Ginyu prepare some sort of attack, so he puts himself in front of Goku to protect him. Seeing the beam or not is irrelevant.
But the page clearly shows he saw the beam he even comes with his hand raised to defend himself and ends up touching it.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:25 pm

I would laugh so hard, if it turns out it was Nail in Ginyu body all along, even to this day, he takes Ginyu identity, to take revenge on Freeza one day :D
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:51 pm

Noah wrote:
rereboy wrote:He doesn't need to see it coming. He sees that Goku is distracted and he sees Ginyu prepare some sort of attack, so he puts himself in front of Goku to protect him. Seeing the beam or not is irrelevant.
But the page clearly shows he saw the beam he even comes with his hand raised to defend himself and ends up touching it.
What the page shows is Nail seeing Ginyu preparing an attack and moving in front of Goku, with his hand extended hoping to stop whatever kind of attack it is if he can't put the rest of his body in front of Goku in time. At least that's how I see it. Regardless, even if we interpret it as him seeing the beam, it's still doesn't really matter. It's never specified in the original manga if it's visible or not.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:17 pm

rereboy wrote:What the page shows is Nail seeing Ginyu preparing an attack and moving in front of Goku, with his hand extended hoping to stop whatever kind of attack it is if he can't put the rest of his body in front of Goku in time. At least that's how I see it. Regardless, even if we interpret it as him seeing the beam, it's still doesn't really matter. It's never specified in the original manga if it's visible or not.
Exactly, but what about when Ginyu used on Bra? People didn't saw, meaning it was invisible right? This special is contradicting that.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:29 pm

Noah wrote:
rereboy wrote:What the page shows is Nail seeing Ginyu preparing an attack and moving in front of Goku, with his hand extended hoping to stop whatever kind of attack it is if he can't put the rest of his body in front of Goku in time. At least that's how I see it. Regardless, even if we interpret it as him seeing the beam, it's still doesn't really matter. It's never specified in the original manga if it's visible or not.
Exactly, but what about when Ginyu used on Bra? People didn't saw, meaning it was invisible right? This special is contradicting that.
The characters mentioned that they heard what Cold-Ginyu had stated/screamed when they swapped bodies, but that doesn't mean that they were unable to see the energy/beam from the swap. It wasn't stated that they were unable to see it.

testing223
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by testing223 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:26 pm

Noah wrote:
Bit nitpicky, it can easily just be Nail sensing/realizing Ginyu was doing an attack towards Goku and just trying to deflect it, even if he doesn't know what it is.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:16 pm

My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:44 pm

goku1234 wrote:Image
What's with Goku's hair?

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:58 pm

coola wrote:[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Not only is Freeza the emperor of the universe, he's also the emperor of forced, and awkward exposition dumps! I understand that they had to get this information out of the way, but I wish it was executed far better. Regardless Freeza's still the best looking thing in this special. Kudos to Holken for being a great artist.

ParkerAL
Regular

Post by ParkerAL » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:03 am

Why would Freeza know Raditz had a brother in this universe if he didn't seem to know about him in the original story?
Favorite Movies: Alien, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, The Thing, Evil Dead, The Land Before Time
Favorite Shows: Cardcaptor Sakura, Doctor Who, Wallace and Gromit, Wakfu, Yu Yu Hakusho
Favorite Manga: Fullmetal Alchemist, Hunter x Hunter, Dragon Ball
Augenis wrote:The power level view into the series has trained a significant portion of the fan base into real life stereotypical members of the Freeza empire, where each and every individual is reduced to a floating number above their heads and any sudden changes to said number are met with shock and confusion.

testing223
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by testing223 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:51 am

ParkerAL wrote:Why would Freeza know Raditz had a brother in this universe if he didn't seem to know about him in the original story?
The panel flat out says "I had forgotten about him."

Freeza is in a slightly different state of mind seeing Goku's face here, last time he was already in final form and going crazy beating Vegeta to death.

dario03
Advanced Regular

Post by dario03 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:44 am

Gog wrote:
Not only is Freeza the emperor of the universe, he's also the emperor of forced, and awkward exposition dumps! I understand that they had to get this information out of the way, but I wish it was executed far better. Regardless Freeza's still the best looking thing in this special. Kudos to Holken for being a great artist.
Before the Emperor becomes the Executioner he becomes the Expositioner.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:36 am

Marco Polo wrote: What's with Goku's hair?
It's blowing in the wind. Freeza's ship is right above them.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:49 pm

What a cringe dialogue :|
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:54 pm

Thanks for awkwardly telling us things we already knew, Freeza.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:20 pm

New page is out!
http://www.dragonball-multiverse.com/en ... tml#h_read
No image url at the time of writing, so had to link to the page.