Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

goku1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by goku1234 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:48 pm

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:51 pm

goku1234 wrote:Image
...It's the Future Majin Attack all over again. Fucking Hell.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:55 pm

So...having trouble with Ginyu Force, yet somehow surviving Freeza in his 3rd form...yeah, ok :roll:
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:06 pm

What, what the fuck? Oh, oh of course! Goku's is a genius in the art of battle, he's using the power of the plot to make up the huge gap in power between him and Freeza!

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:55 pm

Really, what a F***? I won't complain much cause we had far worse things this week, but how strong Goku is in this special? Did he really have trained with Nail?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:57 am

Noah wrote:Really, what a F***? I won't complain much cause we had far worse things this week, but how strong Goku is in this special? Did he really have trained with Nail?
There's hasn't been enough time to have passed for training to have did that much for Goku. The first two forms are one thing, but third form? Only a zenkai could match and exceed it in such a short period.

ParkerAL
Regular

Post by ParkerAL » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:00 am

I usually shrug at odd power discrepancies, but this is a bit much. If Goku had already been pushing his Kaioken to the tenfold level, then sure, I'd buy him taking on Freeza. Heck, even Kuririn was able to troll Freeza a little. But the comic hasn't been going out of it's way to make the fights play out logically.

Really, I don't even see the point of having Goku fight Freeza's final form, which we all know is coming. This being the "Freeza wins" universe means he could have beaten Goku with his first form, and outcome would be the same.
Favorite Movies: Alien, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, The Thing, Evil Dead, The Land Before Time
Favorite Shows: Cardcaptor Sakura, Doctor Who, Wallace and Gromit, Wakfu, Yu Yu Hakusho
Favorite Manga: Fullmetal Alchemist, Hunter x Hunter, Dragon Ball
Augenis wrote:The power level view into the series has trained a significant portion of the fan base into real life stereotypical members of the Freeza empire, where each and every individual is reduced to a floating number above their heads and any sudden changes to said number are met with shock and confusion.

Regarder
Regular

Post by Regarder » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:08 am

Really, I don't even see the point of having Goku fight Freeza's final form, which we all know is coming. This being the "Freeza wins" universe means he could have beaten Goku with his first form, and outcome would be the same.
That's my criticism of the specials overall. Not many of them tell us information we don't already know, they just embelish it. They should be treat as filler only, which is sad because the potential of alternate Universes is that you have interesting stories that reveal what would have happened to the characters we know in a different scenario instead of just using the alternative setting as a staging ground to pad out a fight we already know the conclusion of.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:44 am

Wow how the hell did Freezer manage to win if he can't even scratch a Zenkai-less base Goku in his 3rd form?
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

jcogginsa
Advanced Regular

Post by jcogginsa » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:03 am

How long did it take to get from Namek to Frieza planet whatever?

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:59 pm

jcogginsa wrote:How long did it take to get from Namek to Frieza planet whatever?
A few days, here's the page that said it:

jcogginsa
Advanced Regular

Post by jcogginsa » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:20 pm

A couple days with a gravity room and a training partner, I could definitely see him hanging with Form three Frieza

Regarder
Regular

Post by Regarder » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:00 am

Maybe we had it all wrong and he had trained a lot, but was suppressing his power for some reason against the Ginyu. That seems iffy but it's the only explanation that covers everything shown here without inconsistencies.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:28 am

Does anyone know what the original French of this page said? I'm wondering if "I must use Kaio-ken X10!" was actually supposed to mean something more like "I had to use Kaio-Ken X10 [to survive that]!"
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Puto
I Live Here

Post by Puto » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:36 am

The most literal, grammar-breaking translation of the original French is "I should use the Kaiôken level 10 !..." He's definitely not using it yet.
Blue wrote:I love how Season 2 is so off color even the box managed to be so.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:12 am

Puto wrote:The most literal, grammar-breaking translation of the original French is "I should use the Kaiôken level 10 !..." He's definitely not using it yet.
:lol:

"Literal, grammar-breaking translation"; I've gotta use that sometime; probably when translating Japanese.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:47 am

Regarder wrote:Maybe we had it all wrong and he had trained a lot, but was suppressing his power for some reason against the Ginyu. That seems iffy but it's the only explanation that covers everything shown here without inconsistencies.
It's a forced interpretation. They should just have him not struggle against the Ginyus. He could have just blocked Butta's attack easily and he could have said that the only reason why they weren't KOed yet was so that they could tell him where Freeza is.

testing223
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by testing223 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:27 am

He didn't struggle with the Ginyus. Most of them went down in 1-2 shots, and he only got blindsided because he underestimated Berter's speed. He was obviously holding back because he's saving power for Freeza, hence no Kaio Kens for Recoome and co.

People forget that Goku (and many other characters) took hits all the time from weaker foes all the time when they got careless.

Even after being punched, the art deliberately shows he is unscratched when starting to fight Freeza.
I play baseball and work in LA.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:47 am

testing223 wrote:He didn't struggle with the Ginyus. Most of them went down in 1-2 shots, and he only got blindsided because he underestimated Berter's speed. He was obviously holding back because he's saving power for Freeza, hence no Kaio Kens for Recoome and co.

People forget that Goku (and many other characters) took hits all the time from weaker foes all the time when they got careless.

Even after being punched, the art deliberately shows he is unscratched when starting to fight Freeza.
:think: but before when everyone was trying to figure out and understand why Goku's so weak last month -
testing223 wrote: Depressed and less able to motivate himself due to his friends and son being killed and he was 5 days too far away to do anything?
Let's stop trying to find excuses or explanations that cover the story at it's inconsistencies depending on where we are. This story sucks, period.

Rubens
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rubens » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:29 am

The only way of making sense of this is to believe Freeza is, for some reason, weaker in this universe... which doesn't really make much sense.
I'm back!

Lurking around here since 2014. Just an old fan who regained his passion for Dragon Ball since then.