Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Scarz
I Live Here

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Scarz » Wed May 31, 2017 3:08 pm

I think I know where this is going... and I like it!

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Wed May 31, 2017 4:18 pm

Broly being crazy is his biggest flaw. If Raichi has perfect control over him, we would have a calm, intelligent LSSJ Broly. Now, imo, that would be wanking the character. With Broly still being somewhat crazy, now there's the opportunity for things to backfire on Broly and on Raichi.

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Wed May 31, 2017 4:43 pm

I see where you're coming from, but it feels like Salagir's trying to give Broly that "omg he's too cool to be controlled" trait that Vegeta had in the Buu arc. Again, I understand and am making perfect sense of the in-universe reasons, but it all seems too transparently wank-y, out-of-universe. And don't get me wrong, Salagir's free to wank whoever he wants, it's his comic. I'm not knocking him for it. But I think it's clear that he really likes Broly.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Wed May 31, 2017 5:10 pm

Zephyr wrote:I see where you're coming from, but it feels like Salagir's trying to give Broly that "omg he's too cool to be controlled" trait that Vegeta had in the Buu arc. Again, I understand and am making perfect sense of the in-universe reasons, but it all seems too transparently wank-y, out-of-universe. And don't get me wrong, Salagir's free to wank whoever he wants, it's his comic. I'm not knocking him for it. But I think it's clear that he really likes Broly.
I also understand where you are coming from and I can see how people can think that but I don't think it's a case of him being too "cool". Broly in DBM is simply insane. Raichi's ghosts, despite being controlled, retain some of their personality, and thus, this ghost-Broly retained at least part of his insanity. He doesn't seem to be attacking Vegeta, so it seems that he is indeed controlled, but the insanity that he has retained causes him to lash out without being picky about targets.

As for the author liking Broly, I'm sure he likes Broly, and that he likes other characters too. But, so what? Broly is not perfect in DBM and he is not even smart enough to form complex sentences. He's just a rampaging character that is used as a plot device and as an obstacle for various characters to deal with. The characteristics that DBM emphasizes for LSSJ (like his "armor" characteristics) merely help Broly be more effective in that role and do not help him win, achieve anything substantial or even be more than just a rampaging, unintelligent character that merely serves as an obstacle and as a plot device for the fanmanga.

People are free to not see anything more than "oh, Salagir just loves Broly", but, honestly, why focus on that notion instead of focusing in how it makes sense for Broly to still be somewhat insane if Raichi's ghost retain some of their personality? Why focus on that instead of noticing the role that Broly has in the fanmanga, which is to be just a rampaging, unintelligent character that merely serves as an obstacle and as a plot device for the fanmanga? Why focus on that when basically every character in this fanmanga has had their time to shine and have been "fanwanked"? Why focus on that instead of noticing that Broly still being somewhat crazy means that there's not only a flaw to Raichi's power, but also that a completely controlled, rational Broly would be a much more fanwanked Broly than a Broly that is too dumb to form complex sentences and to finish off his opponents? At least, that's how I view the issue. Personally, I prefer Broly this way because at least this way he is a more unique character and fighting him then becomes a somewhat different kind of fight than all the other fights.
Last edited by rereboy on Wed May 31, 2017 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Wed May 31, 2017 5:20 pm

I think we can say bye-bye to Raichi.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Wed May 31, 2017 5:46 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:I think we can say bye-bye to Raichi.
Nah, Raichi has all the cards in this duel. And he is the superior character to Gast.

Also, this battle has the best panel in the entirety of Dragon Ball Multiverse:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Wed May 31, 2017 6:07 pm

I have defended Broly on DBM before, but I cross the line at Broly being the only one that can rebel, if that is what's happening.

I have a problem with it, because He's not even Broly anymore. Raichi effectively created a living copy printer fax machine, and Broly is just a xerox. Madness goes with the original Broly, not the xerox. Also It's a really big oversight that you can create a living copy printer fax machine, but you don't have contingencies to prevent things like rebellion from happening. At least, that's what I think.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Wed May 31, 2017 6:56 pm

FoolsGil wrote:... if that is what's happening.
Right. I don't think that's quite what's happening since he didn't attack Vegeta.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:49 am

I bet he sent that ki blast towards one of Kakarottos :D
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:42 pm

Gog wrote:Also, this battle has the best panel in the entirety of Dragon Ball Multiverse:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
That unfortunately something that we would never seen in the original manga or in the anime, not that would like it either.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:31 pm

Gast is just going to regen himself after being cut in half.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:49 pm

Noah wrote:
Gog wrote:Also, this battle has the best panel in the entirety of Dragon Ball Multiverse:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
That unfortunately something that we would never seen in the original manga or in the anime, not that would like it either.
We saw this all the time in the original manga, in fact compared to what we got in the original manga this isn't anything special in comparison.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:26 pm

Gog wrote:We saw this all the time in the original manga, in fact compared to what we got in the original manga this isn't anything special in comparison.
Really? Ignoring Freeza when was the other times we saw a character getting sliced to pieces? Also remember that Freeza time was a climax of an arc, not just for shit and giggles.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:42 pm

Noah wrote:
Gog wrote:We saw this all the time in the original manga, in fact compared to what we got in the original manga this isn't anything special in comparison.
Really? Ignoring Freeza when was the other times we saw a character getting sliced to pieces? Also remember that Freeza time was a climax of an arc, not just for shit and giggles.
There's the time Drum had his head kicked off, showing his eyeballs which is far gorier than Gast, Sovopich being exploded, Cell Jr's having their heads blown off paired with their visual reactions is far more horrifying than this. Freeza had his guts dripping out. What happened to Gast here is nothing special, in fact I'd argue that Guldo's death was more violent than his.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:39 pm

Gog wrote:There's the time Drum had his head kicked off, showing his eyeballs which is far gorier than Gast, Sovopich being exploded, Cell Jr's having their heads blown off paired with their visual reactions is far more horrifying than this. Freeza had his guts dripping out. What happened to Gast here is nothing special, in fact I'd argue that Guldo's death was more violent than his.
I'm not being specific about violence, mate. I think you didn't understand, but I actually like those scenes, my gripe is when they lead to nowhere, you see:

Drum getting his eyes/head kicked off served to show Goku has back stronger than before, Spopovich and Yamu deaths served to show how ruthless Babidi is displaying one of his magical abilities, Cell Jr's being mercilessly killed by Gohan served to demonstrate how strong he was now and not holding back anymore, I already addressed about Freeza example in my earlier post.

What's the point of showing Gast being sliced to pieces if we all know that's not how the match is going to end? That we all know that he can and will regenerate? I mean, just for visuals? Kinda lame.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:47 pm

Noah wrote: I'm not being specific about violence, mate. I think you didn't understand, but I actually like those scenes, my gripe is when they lead to nowhere, you see:

Drum getting his eyes/head kicked off served to show Goku has back stronger than before, Spopovich and Yamu deaths served to show how ruthless Babidi is displaying one of his magical abilities, Cell Jr's being mercilessly killed by Gohan served to demonstrate how strong he was now and not holding back anymore, I already addressed about Freeza example in my earlier post.

What's the point of showing Gast being sliced to pieces if we all know that's not how the match is going to end? That we all know that he can and will regenerate? I mean, just for visuals? Kinda lame.
That's not what you stated:

And those scenes did lead to somewhere, just like you stated. And this Gast scene does show something off, this battle with Raichi is something that he can't afford to mess around with, one wrong move and this whole entire match up could be lost. And for visuals sake as well. Even then every other example of gore shown in Dragon Ball, is well gorier than Gast's here.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:08 pm

Gog wrote:That's not what you stated:

Yes, because I agreed with the part of being a good panel (not the best of all Multiverse), but pointed out we would never seen this stuff in the manga/anime because it was pointless.
And those scenes did lead to somewhere, just like you stated. And this Gast scene does show something off, this battle with Raichi is something that he can't afford to mess around with, one wrong move and this whole entire match up could be lost. And for visuals sake as well. Even then every other example of gore shown in Dragon Ball, is well gorier than Gast's here.
We all know that Gast is losing pretty bad this match, I don't see the need of seeing a character who can regenerate being sliced to pieces, but okay hope you're right and this in fact serves to him come with some strategy like Gohan vs. Piccolo in Super Episode 88.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:21 pm

Noah wrote: Yes, because I agreed with the part of being a good panel (not the best of all Multiverse), but pointed out we would never seen this stuff in the manga/anime because it was pointless.
I originally only ever got that panel as a joke on how much I loved seeing Gast in pain.
We all know that Gast is losing pretty bad this match, I don't see the need of seeing a character who can regenerate being sliced to pieces, but okay hope you're right and this in fact serves to him come with some strategy like Gohan vs. Piccolo in Super Episode 88.
It just looks cool. It's only real purpose is to make the battle an interesting spectacle, and increase the stakes for Gast.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:50 pm

Noah wrote:
What's the point of showing Gast being sliced to pieces if we all know that's not how the match is going to end?
What's the point of showing anything besides the final attack in a fight, then...? It that really all that matters? How it ends?

Of course not.

If Gast ends up winning, getting into this predicament is certainly way more interesting than just a panel of Gast finishing off Raichi. A fight in a entertainment/action manga/fanmanga is about being entertaining and interesting, first and foremost.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:31 pm

Goregous art., but..was it REALLY necessary to make Broly vs Vegetto fight main focus? :(
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015