Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:52 pm

So at the end of the tournament when the dragonballs are used to bring back everyone killed since the last wish, What happens with Raichi?

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:54 pm

FoolsGil wrote:So at the end of the tournament when the dragonballs are used to bring back everyone killed since the last wish, What happens with Raichi?
He gets revived in the vacuum of space where Planet Vegeta used to be and dies :P
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Drellz26
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Drellz26 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:25 pm

Gast still shouldn't have much trouble with Hatchiyack, should he? Also I'm going to need an explanation for his full body regeneration, they better not just ignore it.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:28 pm

Noah wrote:So namekian feet has four fingers just like their hand in the manga, huh? :think:
Toes.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:31 pm

Drellz26 wrote:Gast still shouldn't have much trouble with Hatchiyack, should he?
This Hatchiyack doesn't have to be only as powerful as the one from the movie.
Also I'm going to need an explanation for his full body regeneration, they better not just ignore it.
We can already interpret an explanation. We know that it's possible for an Namekian to regenerate back as long as his head remains because Piccolo stated such after his body was broken into pieces while he was turned into stone in the Buu arc. It also makes sense for Namekians who are more powerful to have more effective regeneration. Since Gast is the most powerful Namekian ever, it therefore makes sense for his regeneration to be the most effective Namekian regeneration. As such, we can conclude that enough of Gast's head remained for him to regenerate and that he didn't have too much trouble with it thanks to the effectiveness of his regeneration.
FoolsGil wrote:So at the end of the tournament when the dragonballs are used to bring back everyone killed since the last wish, What happens with Raichi?
The dragon is no "monkey's paw". If Hatchiyack is killed, Hatchiyack/Raichi comes back, unless the Dragon doesn't do anything on the account that is kind of a machine.
Last edited by rereboy on Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Drellz26
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Drellz26 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:35 pm

rereboy wrote:
Drellz26 wrote:Gast still shouldn't have much trouble with Hatchiyack, should he?
This Hatchiyack doesn't have to be only as powerful as the one from the movie.
Also I'm going to need an explanation for his full body regeneration, they better not just ignore it.
We can already interpret an explanation. We know that it's possible for an Namekian to regenerate back as long as his head remains because Piccolo stated such after his body was broken into pieces while he was turned into stone in the Buu arc. It also makes sense for Namekians who are more powerful to have more effective regeneration. Since Gast is the most powerful Namekian ever, it therefore makes sense for his regeneration to be the most effective Namekian regeneration. As such, we can conclude that enough of Gast's head remained for him to regenerate and that he didn't have too much trouble with it thanks to the effectiveness of his regeneration.
He comes back, unless the Dragon doesn't do anything on the account that is kind of a machine.
Yeah I don't know what I was thinking, clearly he will be much stronger if the computer was able to control Raichi who "controlled" GhostBroly and SS3 Vegeta.

I've seen that re generation theory a bunch but I don't know man. It's good but it's just not doing it for me. Doesn't really matter either way though.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:40 pm

If I can't have Raichi himself finishing Gast off then I can settle on for the next best thing... Hatchiyak. Honestly, I do admit I am disappointed that Raichi was taken out and replaced with Hatchiyak, but it really depends if Hatchiyak is an exact clone of his OVA version then my interest in this fight would have completely petered out in it's entirety. Of course if he actually has personality then I do suppose all would be good.

Even then I am hoping that Hatchiyak doesn't end up with the powers of The Legendary Super Saiyan.

dario03
Advanced Regular

Post by dario03 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:23 am

Will the match even officially continue if Raichi doesn't show up soon?

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:03 am

dario03 wrote:Will the match even officially continue if Raichi doesn't show up soon?
Yes. For practical purposes, Raichi merely transformed into Hatchiyak, kind of like Gotenks transformed into Goten and Trunks.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:26 am

Pantalones wrote:It definitely seems like the more powerful a Namekian is the more powerful their regeneration becomes.

Look at how far Piccolo goes in the series -- Daimao doesn't show off regeneration at all, and early on it takes a good bit of effort for Piccolo Jr. just to regrow a single arm and he seems a little worn out afterward (Nail is the same way, Freeza even comments on his power level dropping afterward.) Then you have Cell Saga Piccolo (and Lord Slug) who can regenerate an arm quicker and without being drained by it as much, as well as being able to regenerate from a blast through the gut (or in Slug's case, a Goku through the gut) which was the exact sort of thing that would've killed a weaker Namekian as we saw with Daimao. And then by the Buu saga he's able to regrow the rest of his body from just his head and upper torso after being turned to stone and broken into pieces.

With Gast being much stronger than even Buu Saga Piccolo, it's not surprising that his regeneration would be another level up from anything Piccolo ever displayed.
Namekians can't heal if their heads are not intact, so they can't regenerate from a limb. Cell is the only one who broke this rule and it was a plot hole.
Cell also had Freeza's cells, which gave him the "able to survive even when cut into tiny pieces" trait (see getting up and trying to fight as an upper half on Namek, and being revived as a pile of twitching parts, sentient enough even in that state to open an eye and stare at somebody.) He doesn't have to follow "Namekian rules" perfectly because he's not 100% Namekian -- he also doesn't have his energy depleted after regenerating from his self-destruct, since the Saiyan cells in him gave him a near-death boost (...or maybe he actually was depleted when he returned as Super Perfect Cell and that's the only reason why a one-armed Gohan was able to overpower him? hmm.)
Having Freeza's cell doesn't negate that Cell surviving having his head blow off is a plot hole since he needs his head to regenerate. Cell said this himself after he came back, so he follows the 'Namekian rules'. And him not having his energy drained after his self-destruct is also a plot hole and an asspull.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

testing223
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by testing223 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:16 pm

Drellz26 wrote:Gast still shouldn't have much trouble with Hatchiyack, should he? Also I'm going to need an explanation for his full body regeneration, they better not just ignore it.
Normal Namek = can't regenerate without head.

Most powerful Namek of all time = can regenerate without head.

Or the head was off-camera, take your pick.
I play baseball and work in LA.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:40 pm

I still say Gast has reached Buu's levels of regeneration. He's gonna be hard to put down, especially with Vegetto out of the tournament.

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Post by Pantalones » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:24 am

Having Freeza's cell doesn't negate that Cell surviving having his head blow off is a plot hole since he needs his head to regenerate. Cell said this himself after he came back, so he follows the 'Namekian rules'.
Cell never says he needs his head intact to regenerate, but rather his "nucleus" which is either a single cell or a small cluster of cells that was, as of the time he mentioned it, located in his head.

If you assume that it's always located in his head and can't/doesn't move around, that it's absolutely necessary for any regeneration to happen even if it's not as big of a thing as regrowing his entire body after self-destructing, and is no more durable than the rest of the surrounding tissue (so any attack that blows his head apart would be guaranteed to destroy it, too)... then yeah, it does become a bit of a plothole since he was able to regenerate his entire upper half (head included) at one point.

Either way, it doesn't seem like Cell's regeneration is quite the same as Namekian regeneration, at least not once he's reached his Perfect state (Imperfect Cell's regeneration seemed much more Namekian-like with just growing back severed limbs, and I don't think we ever saw him regenerate much if at all in his second form so it's hard to say what his regeneration might've been like then.) Having Freeza cells in him almost definitely has something to do with that, judging by how when he came back in RoF/Super Freeza was revived as a pile of still-living chunks and something as small as a 3-or-4-inch section of his head was still "alive enough" to open its eye and glare at people.

(And of course, the dub "fixed" that maybe-plothole by just having Cell mention that he can regenerate from as little as a single cell, rather than specifying that it had to be one particular part.)
And him not having his energy drained after his self-destruct is also a plot hole and an asspull.
That's just a combination of having the Saiyan near-death boost (how much nearer to death can you get than being reduced to a single tiny chunk floating in space!?), Cell's modified version of Namekian regeneration, and Freeza's ability to just not die even when cut to tiny pieces.

And I think it's entirely possible that Cell was drained by regenerating from so small a piece after all, even if it doesn't seem like it at a glance since the boost in power he got from the Saiyan near-death boost plus unlocking his "SSj2-like" Super Perfect form was so huge. Basically, he still ended up much stronger than his previous full power, even with the drain from regeneration dragging him down a bit from what he could've been (like, say, if Goku was still around to toss him another Senzu at the time.) I don't think we ever really saw Super Perfect Cell at full power -- the Cell who got wiped out by SSJ2 Gohan was maybe at 75% at best, considering how quickly he lost to a Gohan who had a busted-up arm once the kid was able to push the most power he could manage into his Kamehameha (and again, this was with a busted arm and using a technique which is usually two-handed -- so this was not SSJ2 Gohan at 100% power, and his Kamehameha technique itself was not the best it could be either.) Cell was overpowered by an injured Gohan using a weakened form of his Kamehameha. I can't really imagine full power Perfect Cell losing to a one-armed SSj Gohan -- so regeneration draining his power seems like the most likely explanation for why Super Perfect Cell wasn't able to beat a one-armed SSj2 Gohan. Raging SSj2 Gohan in perfect health would still be stronger than Super Perfect Cell at perfect health I figure, but not by that much.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:44 am

Pantalones wrote:
Having Freeza's cell doesn't negate that Cell surviving having his head blow off is a plot hole since he needs his head to regenerate. Cell said this himself after he came back, so he follows the 'Namekian rules'.
Cell never says he needs his head intact to regenerate, but rather his "nucleus" which is either a single cell or a small cluster of cells that was, as of the time he mentioned it, located in his head.

If you assume that it's always located in his head and can't/doesn't move around, that it's absolutely necessary for any regeneration to happen even if it's not as big of a thing as regrowing his entire body after self-destructing, and is no more durable than the rest of the surrounding tissue (so any attack that blows his head apart would be guaranteed to destroy it, too)... then yeah, it does become a bit of a plothole since he was able to regenerate his entire upper half (head included) at one point.

Either way, it doesn't seem like Cell's regeneration is quite the same as Namekian regeneration, at least not once he's reached his Perfect state (Imperfect Cell's regeneration seemed much more Namekian-like with just growing back severed limbs, and I don't think we ever saw him regenerate much if at all in his second form so it's hard to say what his regeneration might've been like then.) Having Freeza cells in him almost definitely has something to do with that, judging by how when he came back in RoF/Super Freeza was revived as a pile of still-living chunks and something as small as a 3-or-4-inch section of his head was still "alive enough" to open its eye and glare at people.

(And of course, the dub "fixed" that maybe-plothole by just having Cell mention that he can regenerate from as little as a single cell, rather than specifying that it had to be one particular part.)
And him not having his energy drained after his self-destruct is also a plot hole and an asspull.
That's just a combination of having the Saiyan near-death boost (how much nearer to death can you get than being reduced to a single tiny chunk floating in space!?), Cell's modified version of Namekian regeneration, and Freeza's ability to just not die even when cut to tiny pieces.

And I think it's entirely possible that Cell was drained by regenerating from so small a piece after all, even if it doesn't seem like it at a glance since the boost in power he got from the Saiyan near-death boost plus unlocking his "SSj2-like" Super Perfect form was so huge. Basically, he still ended up much stronger than his previous full power, even with the drain from regeneration dragging him down a bit from what he could've been (like, say, if Goku was still around to toss him another Senzu at the time.) I don't think we ever really saw Super Perfect Cell at full power -- the Cell who got wiped out by SSJ2 Gohan was maybe at 75% at best, considering how quickly he lost to a Gohan who had a busted-up arm once the kid was able to push the most power he could manage into his Kamehameha (and again, this was with a busted arm and using a technique which is usually two-handed -- so this was not SSJ2 Gohan at 100% power, and his Kamehameha technique itself was not the best it could be either.) Cell was overpowered by an injured Gohan using a weakened form of his Kamehameha. I can't really imagine full power Perfect Cell losing to a one-armed SSj Gohan -- so regeneration draining his power seems like the most likely explanation for why Super Perfect Cell wasn't able to beat a one-armed SSj2 Gohan. Raging SSj2 Gohan in perfect health would still be stronger than Super Perfect Cell at perfect health I figure, but not by that much.
It's not impossible to squeeze out an explanation like you just did... but that doesn't mean that it's not poorly written/explained/an asspull. For example, literally all that Cell had to do was not say that his core was in his head (leaving its location to the imagination of the reader) and most of the problems wouldn't exist. As for why he didn't lose power, all that Cell had to do was add a line saying that he wasn't really near death when Goku attacked him, but he certainly was very near death after his self-explosion. And so on.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:31 pm

Pantalones wrote:
That is a total stretch and as it is just a fan explanation it is not worth anything really. Things that are plausible in theory do not really mean anything if there is nothing leaning towards it. And Piccolo also said to Trunks and Goten as long as his own head is not destroyed, he can regenerate. Thinking "As long as his head is destroyed because at that time it is a cell that is within his head, blablabla" does not serve as actual explanation. It is worthless for us. We can come up with everything for everything but it will not help at all.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:57 pm

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:21 pm

Well, all is not lost it seems. We still have Hatchiyak who's beefier than ever.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:03 pm

Question is, what kind of mind is Hatchiyak? Can he be reasoned with or did we just switch one mindless monster for another? He looks boss by the way, having only seen him before in screencaps.

Rubens
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rubens » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:47 am

Asura is a great artist but his full panels, in my opinion, are by far what he does best.
I'm back!

Lurking around here since 2014. Just an old fan who regained his passion for Dragon Ball since then.

King Bardock

Post by King Bardock » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:27 am

ekrolo2 wrote:
He gets revived in the vacuum of space where Planet Vegeta used to be and dies :P
Ahh but Frieza never destroyed Planet Vegeta in U3. Granted Kold, Cooler, or Raichi may have come back to do that but I like to think the planet itself is still standing.