Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:21 pm

They could have done this page with no dialogue and maybe a minor adjustment or two, and it would be great. Asura's art is good enough to speak for itself.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:23 am

Presumably gohan is blasting cell? His tail? Other gohan fucks and cell gets blasted in the face?

This is why drip feeding pages is so frustrating. Wish they just did chapter updates.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:32 am

TobyS wrote:Presumably gohan is blasting cell? His tail? Other gohan fucks and cell gets blasted in the face?

This is why drip feeding pages is so frustrating. Wish they just did chapter updates.
There's nothing stopping you from just following DBM by chapter (aka reading it when a chapter finishes), rather than by page. You are choosing to follow it by page and then wishing that they released it by chapter so that you couldn't even follow it by page even though there's nothing stopping you from not following by page. Doesn't make sense to me.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:24 am

rereboy wrote:
TobyS wrote:Presumably gohan is blasting cell? His tail? Other gohan fucks and cell gets blasted in the face?

There's nothing stopping you from just following DBM by chapter (aka reading it when a chapter finishes), rather than by page. You are choosing to follow it by page and then wishing that they released it by chapter so that you couldn't even follow it by page even though there's nothing stopping you from not following by page. Doesn't make sense to me.
I fully admit it's a lack of self control on my part. Didn't mean to imply otherwise, I do think it genuinely reads better that way as well tho.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:02 am

TobyS wrote:
rereboy wrote:

I fully admit it's a lack of self control on my part. Didn't mean to imply otherwise, I do think it genuinely reads better that way as well tho.
Because the pacing is batshit insane. Every page has to have some kind of cliffhanger, because it's the only thing you'll see for a week. It's the most godawful release schedule I've ever seen.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:38 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
TobyS wrote:
rereboy wrote:
Because the pacing is batshit insane. Every page has to have some kind of cliffhanger, because it's the only thing you'll see for a week. It's the most godawful release schedule I've ever seen.
It is true that the layout and details of pages and panels would be different if they were releasing it by chapter. We would have more pages with just one panel, more pages with just action and more pages with just dialog, and so on. However, the events would almost surely remain unchanged.

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:34 pm

rereboy wrote:

How would he know when a chapter has been fully released?

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:28 pm

Marco Polo wrote:
rereboy wrote:

By going to DBM's website and its chapter section: http://www.dragonball-multiverse.com/en/chapters.html . When the title page for a new chapter was released, he would know that the previous chapter was complete. It would literally be just a matter of checking the page once a month or something like that.

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:51 pm

rereboy wrote:
Marco Polo wrote:
rereboy wrote:
By going to DBM's website and its chapter section: http://www.dragonball-multiverse.com/en/chapters.html . When the title page for a new chapter was released, he would know that the previous chapter was complete. It would literally be just a matter of checking the page once a month or something like that.
So he has to check randomly? Plus seeing the cover of the next chapter means he would see spoilers.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:59 pm

Marco Polo wrote: So he has to check randomly? Plus seeing the cover of the next chapter means he would see spoilers.
I can't take that comment seriously. If you think that checking a webpage for updates from time to time is too much trouble (which isn't that different from checking the posts in this topic or any other topic in the forum from time to time, btw), I'm afraid you will find pretty much everything in life to be unbearably hard. And I don't see any real spoiler in any of the covers.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:17 am

It already has a countdown on the read dbm page like 3 days, it'd just show like 30 instead.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:32 am

TobyS wrote:It already has a countdown on the read dbm page like 3 days, it'd just show like 30 instead.
Or you could estimate the number of days until the next chapter, just like you just did, from the number of average number of pages and number of pages per week released.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:02 am

rereboy wrote:
TobyS wrote:It already has a countdown on the read dbm page like 3 days, it'd just show like 30 instead.
Or you could estimate the number of days until the next chapter, just like you just did, from the number of average number of pages and number of pages per week released.
Could, but curiosity will get the better of me. Deferred gratification is hard while living in a capitalist hellscape.

And as the other guy pointed out it wouldn't have that every panel is a cliffhanger newspaper comic effect, it'd read better
Anyway this is all moot, none of us have a say in the schedule.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:09 am

TobyS wrote:
Could, but curiosity will get the better of me. Deferred gratification is hard while living in a capitalist hellscape.
That's entirely on you. I follow a great deal of franchises and there's quite a few that I just let cumulate a good batch of chapters/volumes/episodes to read/watch when I feel like it. That doesn't even begin to be a problem.

Complaining about the authors and their schedule when most of the problem is our own issue doesn't make sense. At most, we could complain about the effects of the release schedule on the layout of the panels and pages, since that's actually on them, but that's pretty much it (the events of DBM wouldn't change with another release schedule).

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:01 am

The current chapter started on August 18th (title page), has 20 pages so far (including title page) and there are 5 more pages left, the next coming tomorrow.
Their release schedule for main chapters is wednesdays and sundays, so this chapter will be completed on November 8th, almost 3 months after starting.
So all you need to do is visit the site every 3 months, if you want an entire chapter in one go.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:05 pm

poor Piccolo, Salagir just loves dismembering him :D
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:35 pm

Joke's on him, Cell's "toughness" is superior to Piccolo's!

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:35 pm

Hope Gohan whoops on Cell now.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:01 pm

Marco Polo wrote:Joke's on him, Cell's "toughness" is superior to Piccolo's!
They both know that, the point is he freed Gohan from being caught in a stand off and did it without killing Piccolo or Videl.

He did what Cell didn't expect and worked out his counterpart would also expect it.

Kinda foreshadowed on the Gotenks's matching blows.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:21 am

Marco Polo wrote:Joke's on him, Cell's "toughness" is superior to Piccolo's!
The toughness remark just means that Gohan knew that Piccolo would survive the blast even without no one protecting him.