Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Noah » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:41 pm

Didn't thought dropping Salagir thoughts about Super here would bring such a debate, I can say though he has some good points about it, his fanfic is just a "decent" Top arc and that's not a compliment. It's all about fights, Piccolo explaining the power scale, chadness and almost absent character development. The only thing I like about Multiverse is Zen Boo.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:27 am

One huge flaw in DB Multiverse is the absence of an active Roshi

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:40 pm

Surprised Ginyu Force managed to take out Doore, Cooler Squad is supposed to be around 1st form Freeza level i think?
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Post by Pantalones » Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:55 pm

Surprised Ginyu Force managed to take out Doore, Cooler Squad is supposed to be around 1st form Freeza level i think?
Their power levels when we saw them in the Cooler movie were way higher than the Ginyu Force's, but that's a year or so after the Freeza saga -- this special is taking place long before that, so Cooler's squad could've been weaker back then. Especially if you consider that Cooler himself is known to have trained and figured out how to create a stronger form (as opposed to Freeza never training in his life), so his soldiers might also have trained and grown stronger over the years.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:12 pm

Marco Polo wrote:One huge flaw in DB Multiverse is the absence of an active Roshi
Well, you could say that old master Krillin supposed to a Roshi :D
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:47 pm

Marco Polo wrote:One huge flaw in DB Multiverse is the absence of an active Roshi
Completely disagree it's one of the best things about it in relation to super. His return there despite not having trained with kami or kaio was contrived bullshit and came entirely at the expense of Yamcha/Tenshinhan and even Kuririn.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:49 pm

Pantalones wrote:
Their power levels when we saw them in the Cooler movie were way higher than the Ginyu Force's, but that's a year or so after the Freeza saga -- this special is taking place long before that, so Cooler's squad could've been weaker back then. Especially if you consider that Cooler himself is known to have trained and figured out how to create a stronger form (as opposed to Freeza never training in his life), so his soldiers might also have trained and grown stronger over the years.
When adapting non canon movies they have a lot more freedom to change characters power levels they are probably less strong than the movie.

Or perhaps Guldo just froze him and the others ganged up. I'm fine with it.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:17 pm

Another "Ginyu in another body" plot? Also, what is wrong with Recoom face in 4th panel? :)

But seriously, i won't be surprised if by the end of it, half of villains/heroes are really Ginyu in different body :)
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:33 pm

coola wrote:Image
Another "Ginyu in another body" plot? Also, what is wrong with Recoom face in 4th panel? :)

But seriously, i won't be surprised if by the end of it, half of villains/heroes are really Ginyu in different body :)
So, Ginyu-Mania is running wild?
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:16 pm

Body change protection...sure, why not, better than "Ginyu in another body" plot :)
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:08 pm

Gonna shrug on that. I'm someone who likes seeing magic and tech keep up with natural fighters and all that. But at the same time, how the hell would Salza know about Body Change, and who would be smart enough to create such a device? I mean, Cyborg Freeza was apparently the best Kold's Doctors could have done, and Gero handily showed them how much better he is, a hick out in nowhere space.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:13 pm

FoolsGil wrote:Gonna shrug on that. I'm someone who likes seeing magic and tech keep up with natural fighters and all that. But at the same time, how the hell would Salza know about Body Change, and who would be smart enough to create such a device? I mean, Cyborg Freeza was apparently the best Kold's Doctors could have done, and Gero handily showed them how much better he is, a hick out in nowhere space.
According to the Weekly Jump issue promoting Movie 5, Salza has superhuman intelligence, can speak 7,000 languages, and fought Ginyu in the past.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

dario03
Advanced Regular

Post by dario03 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:48 pm

RandomGuy96 wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:Gonna shrug on that. I'm someone who likes seeing magic and tech keep up with natural fighters and all that. But at the same time, how the hell would Salza know about Body Change, and who would be smart enough to create such a device? I mean, Cyborg Freeza was apparently the best Kold's Doctors could have done, and Gero handily showed them how much better he is, a hick out in nowhere space.
According to the Weekly Jump issue promoting Movie 5, Salza has superhuman intelligence, can speak 7,000 languages, and fought Ginyu in the past.
I was wondering about that because I thought something had said he knew of the body change since he knew Ginyu in his previous body.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:41 pm

dario03 wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
I was wondering about that because I thought something had said he knew of the body change since he knew Ginyu in his previous body.
It also said that he's one of the few people who has seen Ginyu's true form, so yeah he definitely knows about the body switch.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:36 pm

RandomGuy96 wrote:
I had to check this to make sure you weren't just bullshiting us xD
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:48 pm

I actually enjoyed this bloodlusted battle between the Ginyu Force and the Armored Squadron, it's had been a while since the last time I appreciated something from Multiverse.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Mewzard
I Live Here

Post by Mewzard » Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:11 am

I can honestly say I didn't expect a Dragon Ball Minus reference...especially one where alternate universe Goku laughs at his canon mother's death.

Feels...a smidge mean-spirited, but maybe that's just me.
RIDER KIIIIIIICK!

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:26 am

Only a smidge? For a series that likes to say they use stuff from Toriyama himself, they use their own OC over the canon mother, and then promptly kill her off screen. Not to mention, they make their OC the King/Queen or whatever of Planet Vegeta as well. Even though they just had Bardock win the title. And somehow she's still a "low class" warrior, despite being more powerful than the King and the Elites....

Getting some vibes from this that I haven't felt from a fanfic in a long time. And those are not the good kind either. Not since I came across a crossover between DC and DBZ that Mary Sue'd Gohan and Supergirl (Gohan's love interest), but also bashed on Videl. Before you ask, yes, the author used the cliche Cell games dimension hopping trope.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:38 am

Please don't use the MS word around here. It's been a mercy with not having to see or hear Bra and have that conversation sprout up. :lol:

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:05 am

Jackalope89 wrote:Only a smidge? For a series that likes to say they use stuff from Toriyama himself, they use their own OC over the canon mother, and then promptly kill her off screen. Not to mention, they make their OC the King/Queen or whatever of Planet Vegeta as well. Even though they just had Bardock win the title. And somehow she's still a "low class" warrior, despite being more powerful than the King and the Elites....

Getting some vibes from this that I haven't felt from a fanfic in a long time. And those are not the good kind either. Not since I came across a crossover between DC and DBZ that Mary Sue'd Gohan and Supergirl (Gohan's love interest), but also bashed on Videl. Before you ask, yes, the author used the cliche Cell games dimension hopping trope.
Hanasia has been in Multiverse long before Dragon Ball Minus was even a thing.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler