Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:04 pm

Huh... one of Freeza's clan deforming. That's not something you see often.
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

TonyTheTiger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TonyTheTiger » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:06 pm

Yes, Cold. Because nothing says "discreet" like sending TWO people instead of one.

They should just paint Cold green and see if he can just walk in.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:07 pm

Burter, seriously, when you`ll drop this "Fastest in the universe" thing? On the other hand, that`s all you`ve got :mrgreen: The funniest thing is, even if they do get Dragon Balls, they won`t do anything with them, they dont know password
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:08 pm

Kingdom Heartless wrote:Huh... one of Freeza's clan deforming. That's not something you see often.
Really, its to be expected for Coola. His transformation is like the "Super Saiyan" form for his race, its probably similarly stressful to maintain all the time.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:20 pm

Yeah, I suppose you're right. I know they do, it's just something that isn't often shown.

Plus, looking back, although not actually shown, he did revert at the end of Movie 5 as well.
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:45 pm

coola wrote:Burter, seriously, when you`ll drop this "Fastest in the universe" thing? On the other hand, that`s all you`ve got :mrgreen:
Well, he needs something. Watch that episode of DBZ Abridged.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

TrunksTrevelyan0064
Patreon Supporter

Post by TrunksTrevelyan0064 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:09 pm

Ah, poor Burter.
They could really use Guldo right now. Stop time and sneak in there.
Usually goes by "Kevtrev" elsewhere online.
Draws comics that may or may not have been inspired by Akira Toriyama's amazing manga-making skills.

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Post by batistabus » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:13 pm

Fine, I'll accept that Cold had a "true" form for the sake of this comic, but why is he still in it? We know that Coola has some level of Ki control, but that clearly isn't the case with Cold as he used a form of suppression.

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:24 pm

batistabus wrote:Fine, I'll accept that Cold had a "true" form for the sake of this comic, but why is he still in it? We know that Coola has some level of Ki control, but that clearly isn't the case with Cold as he used a form of suppression.
Same reason Freeza and Coola hung around in their true forms during filler scenes when he was in Hell and the majority of DBZ Movie #5 respectively. And both Freeza and Coola's true forms served as the template for their cyborg forms.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:08 pm

It would be his true form anyway, so what is the big deal? If you're going to complain about him, you should complain about Freeza too.

Anyway, all we know is that Cold used a suppressed form, but we don't know why he did it. It is possible that his choice to create the restricting forms had nothing to do with ki control, and the lowering of his power was a side effect he was willing to accept for whatever his real reason was. Who knows, these days, Salagir's thought process is beyond me most of the time anyway...

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:27 pm

batistabus wrote:Fine, I'll accept that Cold had a "true" form for the sake of this comic, but why is he still in it? We know that Coola has some level of Ki control, but that clearly isn't the case with Cold as he used a form of suppression.
You need to read the comic again, namely Cold's fight with Videl. Apparently Cold is able to control his power now, which even surprised Freeza and Coola who knew nothing about it. So, he doesn't have any problem being in his true form.

Cold also mentioned that he managed to do it just like Freeza and Coola managed to do it. So, basically, in Dragon Ball Multiverse, Freeza and Cold learned how to do the same thing Coola does (control their power).

As for why Cold was in his suppression form, for an in universe answer, we can say that he was just keeping it a secret until he needed it or he just likes the look of his suppression form better. For an out of universe answer, he was in that form simply because we wouldn't recognize him otherwise and its much cooler having him transform for his match.

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Post by batistabus » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:32 pm

Piccolo Daimao wrote:
Same reason Freeza and Coola hung around in their true forms during filler scenes when he was in Hell and the majority of DBZ Movie #5 respectively. And both Freeza and Coola's true forms served as the template for their cyborg forms.
So...because it's non-canon? :lol: Toriyama probably just preferred the designs.
rereboy wrote: You need to read the comic again, namely Cold's fight with Videl. Apparently Cold is able to control his power now, which even surprised Freeza and Coola who knew nothing about it. So, he doesn't have any problem being in his true form.

Cold also mentioned that he managed to do it just like Freeza and Coola managed to do it. So, basically, in Dragon Ball Multiverse, Freeza and Cold learned how to do the same thing Coola does (control their power).
I don't remember this part, but I'll take your word for it.
TheDevilsCorpse wrote:It would be his true form anyway, so what is the big deal? If you're going to complain about him, you should complain about Freeza too.

Anyway, all we know is that Cold used a suppressed form, but we don't know why he did it. It is possible that his choice to create the restricting forms had nothing to do with ki control, and the lowering of his power was a side effect he was willing to accept for whatever his real reason was. Who knows, these days, Salagir's thought process is beyond me most of the time anyway...
Then consider me complaining about Freeza too! Right, if he didn't need to suppress his power and he could actually control his ki, why even be in another form?

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:18 pm

batistabus wrote:
rereboy wrote: You need to read the comic again, namely Cold's fight with Videl. Apparently Cold is able to control his power now, which even surprised Freeza and Coola who knew nothing about it. So, he doesn't have any problem being in his true form.

I don't remember this part, but I'll take your word for it.
Fifth panel.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:49 pm

batistabus wrote:Right, if he didn't need to suppress his power and he could actually control his ki, why even be in another form?
Maybe he's vain and doesn't like his true form's appearance? Maybe he wanted to appear more intimidating with horns? Maybe he thought the horns made him more regal, like a crown? Maybe he wanted to make himself appear weaker than his kids for the sake of his position in the organization? As I said, many possibilities, but no idea what Salagir's reasoning would be.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:50 am

Even just two pages in, I think I'm enjoying seeing a plot-heavy (seems to be heading that way anyway) instead of a fight chapter in the main story. Maybe this will be a taste of what's to come, what with the teasers from Bardock's fight.

Also, anyone else notice that the two Freeza soldiers in the first panel are definitely the designs from Budokai Tenkaichi 3 (forget where they originate in the anime, but I want to guess the Bardock special for the potato-head) as playable characters? Who'd have thought they'd have survived this long. :lol:
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:20 pm

TrunksTrevelyan0064 wrote:Ah, poor Burter.
They could really use Guldo right now. Stop time and sneak in there.
I don't think Guldo is even in the comic since I don't remember seeing him? I guess that he was killed in their universe, the same way he was killed in the manga/anime.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Hades
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hades » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:17 pm

I think Burter is trying to prove himself after being beaten soundly by S. Kaioshin when he volunteered himself for stealing the dragonballs. I wish Freeza had pointed out how fragile he was.
TrunksTrevelyan0064 wrote:
Scarz wrote:Like using a flamethrower to kill an ant.
Hey, a lv.100 Charizard vs a wild lv.4 Caterpie. It happens.

dprez
Advanced Regular

Post by dprez » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:58 pm

I wish Freeza would have told him to shut up about that "fastest in the universe!" crap.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:47 pm

This might be old news, but did anyone notice they're now hosting the original fanfic version of DBM, slowly translated?

http://www.dragonball-multiverse.com/en ... ter-0.html
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

TonyTheTiger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TonyTheTiger » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:53 pm

I tend to try not to pay attention to that to avoid spoilers of the actual comic (although I don't know how similar the two are). It comes off almost like a first draft or something.