Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:44 pm

Aaaand...kidney shot!
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:17 pm

Using some actual tactical smarts in battle is why Bardock (in general) is so awesome.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Forgotten Hero
Advanced Regular

Post by Forgotten Hero » Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:19 pm

Good job Bardock! Just stay in the fight! I hope he's able to out last Cold's 100% form, watch him get exhausted, and finally beat him down.
Gohan: "You're a Buddhist." Kuririn: "A hungry Buddhist!"

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:23 pm

And now we have the second reason I can't enjoy this fight.

Bardock not being seriously injured after taking several hits from someone over 50% stronger than he is? Then doing just as well against 100% Cold as he did against 50-70% Cold? Why the hell not?
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:30 pm

RandomGuy96 wrote:And now we have the second reason I can't enjoy this fight.

Bardock not being seriously injured after taking several hits from someone over 50% stronger than he is? Then doing just as well against 100% Cold as he did against 50-70% Cold? Why the hell not?

Just be glad it's not a one sided fight. A decent fight is great(Though it should have been a beatdown). Besides can't you just ignore power for this one time? Obviously a lot of people are reading this manga for the fights not the plot itself(Though some are reading for plots) and saying "FUCK POWER!".

Lastly how many times in the series have a character been injured but still fight through the pain?

Forgotten Hero
Advanced Regular

Post by Forgotten Hero » Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:47 pm

TheGmGoken wrote:

Just be glad it's not a one sided fight. A decent fight is great(Though it should have been a beatdown). Besides can't you just ignore power for this one time? Obviously a lot of people are reading this manga for the fights not the plot itself(Though some are reading for plots) and saying "FUCK POWER!".

Lastly how many times in the series have a character been injured but still fight through the pain?
My thoughts exactly. I don't know how people are adding up these numbers and percentages and figuring out who is stronger than who. How do we know how strong Bardock or King Cold truly are? Numbers and power doesn't even matter in the canon story anyways. Sometimes the more savvy warrior won. Remember Trunks fighting Cell? For a couple of chapters he was stronger as an ascended Saiyan but, as we all know, Cell understood the form would ultimately slow your speed down and drain more of your energy. Cell could accomplish the same power up but knew not to. In this fight, based on what Goku said, if Bardock can hold out maybe he's got a shot to win. 100% may ware out King Cold. Either way this is a steller fight and I'm cheering for Bardock. I want surprises in this tournament, not predictable outcomes based on numbers.

Godo
I Live Here

Post by Godo » Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:58 pm

Exactly, the way you think in percentage is exactly why you don't enjoy the fight.

I'm just enjoying a good show.

Tzigi
Regular

Post by Tzigi » Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:58 pm

Two weeks ago some French DB fans did a podcast on Dragon Ball fancomics. A DA user has kindly provided a synthesis of various DBM related parts - you can read the whole thing here.
Still, I'd like to point some things out:

Publishing process

Salagir was asked about the time between a page's making and it's publication.
He said he needed a LOT of time to prepare the page once it was drawn (minimum 15 days). The process it as follows.

Translation from French to English (made by Salagir)
Proofread by English speaking peps
Then the page is sent for worldwide translation.
The translators all send back their work.

This process takes about 15 days (3-4 days for each step). At the time GogetaJr worked on DBM, there used to be 10 pages in advance. With the new cartoonists, the chapter must be finished or quasi finished before publication can begin.

Main artist

Salagir was asked if he is still looking for a main cartoonist or if he'll keep the current system of multiple artists.
He definitely would like a new GogetaJr, as juggling with different artists is not something comfortable but has no illusions has difficult the task is. ATM Asura is stepping in Gogeta’s shoes as main artist but there is no guarantee he’ll be in for the long run. Salagir is very satisfied with him and said he is fast and talented. As a matter of fact, Asura is doing the next main chapter (after the flashback one).
Salagir debunked any rumor that Asura is GogetaJr. He also said their styles were quite different if you looked carefully.

How long DBM will last

Salagir was asked (again!) how much time he thought the whole story would take?
His answer was "At least the same amount of time it took to bring us here". He still has a lot of ideas. So at least 4-5 years, maybe more.

Upcoming DBM stuff

Taopaipai is doing another special (the one featuring the fights between Buu/Tenshinhan and Bra/Eleim).
Next chapter will most likely be a special with a new 'different' style.
There is one special about Broly left. It will be published someday. Salagir said that some in his team thought it was important for the specials to follow the continuity of the main story but that he personally won't hesitate to mix up stuff if he must.
Some special chapters have been sitting around for years, waiting to be published (he did not tell which).

Search for new artists for special chapters

About U9 (Humans)
Salagir said that, just like for Piccolo, he was a big fan of Krilin.
Krilin will be in a special someday but there are problems with keeping the artists. There is a big scenario that's very long and some cartoonists have gone MIA after accepting to do parts of it (Salagir said he 'lost' 3 of them already). This universe has an extensive background and maybe everything can't fit in the comic.
About U13 (The Super Saiyans)
Same as for U9, Salagir still needs people to draw U13 specials. The only chapter published was the middle of the story. There is a lot of background about Kakarotto’s story on Earth that has still to be told. He had an artist for the special telling about Kakarotto's take over of earth but she didn't finish the chapter. He also had a lot of volunteers for the fight Freeza vs Vegeta but not for the rest. He's stuck here because the story is too long and he lacks trusty cartoonists.
About U19 (The Heloïtes)
Soon we shall get more info about this universe. No specials about this universe are drawn or planned ATM (has no artist). For this universe, Salagir would be looking for a cartoonist who is good with : humanoids, special powers, backgrounds (he stressed that one out) and armor.
The Heloites will however be in another special and some fanfics, maybe the Bra/Eleim fight.

So now we'll get a special chapter done by ?? (not stated yet), then a flashback by Taopaipai (covering the two fights left) and then another chapter by Asura.

testing223
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by testing223 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:59 pm

There's nothing to say Bardock didn't improve over 30 years.

Also, power levels are meaningless--the series showed multiple times that people who relied on scouters and numbers LOST because they underestimated opponents. A weaker opponent can still win if they have unexpected talents or skills. Or if their enemy gets cocky and make mistakes.
I play baseball and work in LA.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:01 pm

Salagir debunked any rumor that Asura is GogetaJr. He also said their styles were quite different if you looked carefully.
There was rumors!? :eh: :eh: :eh: :eh:

Forgotten Hero
Advanced Regular

Post by Forgotten Hero » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:05 pm

Tzigi wrote:Salagir debunked any rumor that Asura is GogetaJr.
I'm assuming these rumors started on the boards of DBM? Anyways, if or when GogetaJr returns will Asura continue drawing for DBM? He's been my favorite artist so far and I'd like to see him continue working.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:38 pm

Exactly, the way you think in percentage is exactly why you don't enjoy the fight.

It's not about thinking in percentages. It's simply observing that, despite Cold supposedly doing a big power up, Bardock is still doing just as well as he did before (which, by the way, also contradicts the change in performance we saw from 70% to 100% Freeza in the actual series). Inconsistent power scaling is something we knock GT for for a reason.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:43 pm

RandomGuy96 wrote:

It's not about thinking in percentages. It's simply observing that, despite Cold supposedly doing a big power up, Bardock is still doing just as well as he did before (which, by the way, also contradicts the change in performance we saw from 70% to 100% Freeza in the actual series). Inconsistent power scaling is something we knock GT for for a reason.
We mock GT for being Goku Time, everyone but Goku and Pan being able to do anything, and the fact that some people just hate it. Power scaling ALWAYS been inconsistent. Gaps been inconsistent. Power levels have. Almost everything been inconsistent before. And that was an official manga. But since this is a fan-manga I guess mistakes CAN'T happen. How do we know Bardock is doing just as well. Cause he blast Cold with a ki blast and use SPEED to hit Cold. That's is not doing just as good. Just enjoy the fight. If you're worried about power so much. Just read the entire Freeza arc. Since the strongest guy always kicked the weaker guy's ass.

Every since this fight started it has been Bardock getting his ASS KICKED. Not even a equal fight. It's been a decent fight. But FAR from equal. So what's the issue?
despite the 25% gap? We've seen that even the smallest of gaps leave a lot of room to decimate your opponent in the case of Vegeta vs Dodoria and Zarbon.
Here an example of inconsistent gaps. It really doesn't matter at this point does it? Just enjoy the fight. If you want to watch a TRUE power gap. Just watch Kid Goku in the Budokai Tenkaichi where he basically destroyed EVERYONE in the preliminaries.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:42 pm

And now you're saying that Cold is over 50% stronger than Bardock... You're just pulling numbers as you see fit and stating them like they are confirmed or something.
RandomGuy96 wrote:
Because we "know" that Cold's was 70% in his true form, right? And because the manga was so very consistent in how gaps of power would translate into the actual performance in a fight, right? And also because Bardock managing to land two surprise hits on Cold's 100%, despite not even being able to faze him with one of his strongest attacks, or what it looks like one of his strongest attacks, or even keep up with his speed, clearly shows that he is doing as well as he was doing agaisnt Cold's true form where he actually managed to hurt him, right?
Last edited by rereboy on Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sshadow5001
Advanced Regular

Post by Sshadow5001 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:55 pm

In the top right panel, is it just me or does Cold look like the Joker.
Please check out my Youtube channel GLEclipseGaming
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8otmN ... FvDYiaKt9w

Currently Playing
Gundam Breaker 3

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:40 pm

I dunno, I guess RandomGuy has KIND of a point, given that Bardock is indeed doing a lot better than one would expect (though he's still getting owned), but on the other hand, there is a pretty clear difference in Bardock's performance now. At least in the beginning, he was able to actually BLOCK some of those attacks!
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:57 am

I'm not surprised Bardock is still in it. Let's all remember the special where Future Gohan at basic SSJ broke out of Dabura's hold, and somehow did better against Babidi than he ever could against the Androids.

testing223
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by testing223 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:08 am

FoolsGil wrote:I'm not surprised Bardock is still in it. Let's all remember the special where Future Gohan at basic SSJ broke out of Dabura's hold, and somehow did better against Babidi than he ever could against the Androids.
Power levels are meaningless.

The Future special was badly written, but there are many examples of weaker people getting in a lucky shot if the stronger person gets careless.

Examples:
Piccolo and Goku beat Raditz
Yajirobe manages to seriously wound Vegeta multiple times
Android 19/20 survive their fights only because the Z fighters got careless, i.e. Gero shooting down Bulma
Tenshinhan can hold off Semi-Perfect Cell
Android 16 is weaker than Perfect Cell but took him off guard and got him in a lock for a while
Gohan is stronger than Perfect Cell, but because he got arrogant and sloppy, the self-destruct killed Goku
Majin Vegeta takes down SSJ2 Goku with a cheap shot
Buu takes down Gotenks and Gohan with sneak goo attacks

Just examples of weaker characters using a trick or technique on someone stronger who got careless. Sorry for my poor English, Spanish is my main language!
I play baseball and work in LA.

Forgotten Hero
Advanced Regular

Post by Forgotten Hero » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:11 pm

testing223 wrote:Power levels are meaningless.

The Future special was badly written, but there are many examples of weaker people getting in a lucky shot if the stronger person gets careless.
I disagree with the future special being badly written. I think it was a great set up for Gohan to grow and change a bit from how he was in the TV special. I liked that he was able to accomplish something that saved the earth by simply being proactive, which is usually uncommon in DBZ. I do agree that characters get luck against overly confident characters BUT I believe Bardock can win this because, like you said, power levels are meaningless in general, Bardock is an intelligent savvy fighter, and I think this 100% will drain King Cold's stamina.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:46 am

testing223 wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I'm not surprised Bardock is still in it. Let's all remember the special where Future Gohan at basic SSJ broke out of Dabura's hold, and somehow did better against Babidi than he ever could against the Androids.

Majin Vegeta takes down SSJ2 Goku with a cheap shot
!
Goku and Majin Vegeta were dead even or Vegeta had a tiny tiny advantage, Majin Vegeta was never weaker than Goku.