Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by rereboy » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:01 am

miguelnuva1 wrote:
testing223 wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I'm not surprised Bardock is still in it. Let's all remember the special where Future Gohan at basic SSJ broke out of Dabura's hold, and somehow did better against Babidi than he ever could against the Androids.

Majin Vegeta takes down SSJ2 Goku with a cheap shot
!
Goku and Majin Vegeta were dead even or Vegeta had a tiny tiny advantage, Majin Vegeta was never weaker than Goku.
So? He still KOed him in one hit just because he landed a surprise sucker punch on him. That would never had happened if they had continue to fight because Goku was much too strong for Vegeta to KO like that.

testing223
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by testing223 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:03 pm

miguelnuva1 wrote:
testing223 wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I'm not surprised Bardock is still in it. Let's all remember the special where Future Gohan at basic SSJ broke out of Dabura's hold, and somehow did better against Babidi than he ever could against the Androids.

Majin Vegeta takes down SSJ2 Goku with a cheap shot
!
Goku and Majin Vegeta were dead even or Vegeta had a tiny tiny advantage, Majin Vegeta was never weaker than Goku.
Doesn't really matter, the point is that power level is meaningless if you get careless or get a cheap shot.

That's a Freeza technique. Bardock's on the ropes.
I play baseball and work in LA.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:13 pm

Great job Cold using that attack. Now END HIM :twisted:

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:05 pm

PINBALL TIME!
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:17 pm

Am I the only one who's starting to predict that Cold may not even HAVE a stamina drain at all?
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:54 pm

Fionordequester wrote:Am I the only one who's starting to predict that Cold may not even HAVE a stamina drain at all?
Well when it comes from the brilliant mind that brought us Broly > eventually everyone, anything could happen.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:59 pm

And now you're saying that Cold is over 50% stronger than Bardock... You're just pulling numbers as you see fit and stating them like they are confirmed or something.
No, I'm simply remembering what percentage Freeza said he was at before he powered up, and that he's Cold's son.
Because we "know" that Cold's was 70% in his true form, right? And because the manga was so very consistent in how gaps of power would translate into the actual performance in a fight, right? And also because Bardock managing to land two surprise hits on Cold's 100%, despite not even being able to faze him with one of his strongest attacks, or what it looks like one of his strongest attacks, or even keep up with his speed, clearly shows that he is doing as well as he was doing agaisnt Cold's true form where he actually managed to hurt him, right?
Freeza was. I see no reason why that wouldn't be the case, especially when nothing like that was mentioned, as they're of the same species.

Surprise hits? Define surprise. He distracted him with a blast and kicked him in the back, and stopped a charge by kneeing him in the face. The hits he landed before the power up were much more worthy of being called "surprise" hits.

The fact that Cold had to put up a barrier, like Freeza did against Goku's Kamehameha, implies that it could've harmed him significantly. Oh, and he managed to hurt him here too. Cold's bleeding, covered in bruises, and looks pissed off/shocked after each hit. Cold is if anything doing worse. Bardock only managed to hit him before by surprising him, and taking advantage of his cockiness, like with Recoome vs Vegeta. Bardock here is just going toe to toe with him, which doesn't fit with Cold doing ANY power up, let alone a big one like he was implied to do.

EDIT: Actually, I just noticed something: did Cold's design get retconned? He used to look more like Cooler, now he's giant Freeza.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:06 am

RandomGuy96 wrote:EDIT: Actually, I just noticed something: did Cold's design get retconned? He used to look more like Cooler, now he's giant Freeza.
He lost the spike "fins" on his arms and legs, but that's about it.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Forgotten Hero
Advanced Regular

Post by Forgotten Hero » Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:23 am

King Cold looks like he's got the edge right now. His veins are poppin' right now though. I still think this high output of energy will catch up to him.
Gohan: "You're a Buddhist." Kuririn: "A hungry Buddhist!"

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:22 am

RandomGuy96 wrote:
No, I'm simply remembering what percentage Freeza said he was at before he powered up, and that he's Cold's son.
So you're assuming that he is 70% in his true form because of Freeza's percentage (god forbid that he's not exactly like Freeza), even though there's nothing telling us that at all. And furthermore, without having any sort of clue how Bardock compares to Goku or any other SSJ in any moment in time, you feel confident in stating that Cold is 50% stronger than Bardock.

If that's not "just pulling numbers as you see fit and stating them like they are confirmed or something" I don't know what is.
RandomGuy96 wrote:
Freeza was. I see no reason why that wouldn't be the case, especially when nothing like that was mentioned, as they're of the same species.
Once again, god forbid if there's differences between two individuals of the same species... You don't know if its that's the case or not, you are just assuming and stating it like its confirmed. Its not wrong to say that the most probable scenario would be Cold being at 70%, but stating it like a fact when we don't know? That's not right. And assuming comparisons in percentages between him and Bardock, when we have no idea how Bardock compares to any other SSJ? That's way worse.
Surprise hits? Define surprise. He distracted him with a blast and kicked him in the back, and stopped a charge by kneeing him in the face. The hits he landed before the power up were much more worthy of being called "surprise" hits.
He didn't stop a charge. Cold was still, holding him in the air by his jaw, preparing to attack him further. The kick that Bardock gave him at that time was not expected by Cold, hence the surprise. Surprise = unexpected. That was one of the hits. The other was a strategic hit: he distracted him with a big attack, and used the opportunity to hit him from the back, which Cold didn't see coming, hence the surprise.

Before Cold went 100%, Bardock also gave him a surprise hit when Cold was also holding him in the air (he didn't learn from his mistake). However, only the first hit was a surprise, the other ones were expected, but Cold was unable to react adequately to prevent them.

So, no, I can't agree with you.
The fact that Cold had to put up a barrier, like Freeza did against Goku's Kamehameha, implies that it could've harmed him significantly.
What's your point? All that says is that Cold probably isn't THAT much stronger than Bardock, to the point that he could just tank one of his strongest attacks like it was nothing, without even bothering with defense. Probably the difference between them isn't THAT great. However, Bardock's attack still did nothing to him, while a similar attack had, previously, made Cold bleed and made him bruised (on Cold's true form). All that just implies that Cold is now much stronger than Bardock but not to the point that Bardock is completely unable to do anything at all.
Oh, and he managed to hurt him here too. Cold's bleeding, covered in bruises, and looks pissed off/shocked after each hit.
Cold was already bleeding and covered in bruises after Bardock's Ki attack hit him (in his true form). That's what hurt him.
Cold is if anything doing worse
I see. So, before he went 100%, they were trading blows, and Bardock, after a surprise hit, managed to land a barrage of hits that Cold was incapable of adequately stopping and a Ki attack that left Cold bleeding and bruised. After he went 100%, Bardock has been shown to be incapable of trading blows with him, of being incapable of actually hitting him with a Ki blast and of being incapable of keeping up with Cold's speed (which is why Cold keeps disappearing right in front of him)... And you say that Cold is doing worse? :shock: Ok...
Bardock only managed to hit him before by surprising him, and taking advantage of his cockiness, like with Recoome vs Vegeta.
No... He landed a surprise hit and then followed that hit with a barrage of hits that Cold wasn't able to stop adequately. Cold was expecting Bardock to keep attacking after that hit like he did, but he still wasn't able to stop him.
Bardock here is just going toe to toe with him, which doesn't fit with Cold doing ANY power up, let alone a big one like he was implied to do.
What? What fight are you reading? Jeez... I've already explained why and how Cold is doing better now than before so I won't repeat myself. But I will say, yet again, stop assuming unconfirmed stuff like its confirmed! Where is it stated that he receives a "big" power-up? Just because Freeza went from 70% to 100%, his father doesn't have to be the same. In fact, what's a big power up to you? Besides being completely subjective, the original manga isn't exactly known for being consistent regarding numbers and performance in a fight.

In fact, if SSJ Goku was 150 million and 100% Freeza 120 million, that means that there's a 20% difference in power between them. And Freeza was able to trade blows with Goku, keep up with his speed, hurt him, travel through his Kamehameha like it was nothing, etc. 100% Freeza did much better agaisnt SSJ Goku than SSJ Bardock is doing against 100% Cold. That, on its own, should imply that the difference between 100% Cold and SSJ Bardock is considerably greater than 20%. But according to you, Bardock is even with 100% Cold right? :crazy:
Last edited by rereboy on Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:56 pm

So you're assuming that he is 70% in his true form because of Freeza's percentage (god forbid that he's not exactly like Freeza), even though there's nothing telling us that at all. And furthermore, without having any sort of clue how Bardock compares to Goku or any other SSJ in any moment in time, you feel confident in stating that Cold is 50% stronger than Bardock.

If that's not "just pulling numbers as you see fit and stating them like they are confirmed or something" I don't know what is.
They're of the same species. Saying that people of the same species using the same transformations will somehow get different results from them when nothing of the sort was stated anywhere- and then acting condescending to people who don't share the same speculation that you do- is utter crap.
Once again, god forbid if there's differences between two individuals of the same species... You don't know if its that's the case or not, you are just assuming and stating it like its confirmed. Its not wrong to say that the most probable scenario would be Cold being at 70%, but stating it like a fact when we don't know? That's not right. And assuming comparisons in percentages between him and Bardock, when we have no idea how Bardock compares to any other SSJ? That's way worse.
I said that it was about 50% because Cold was already stronger than Bardock, then went from 70 to 100.

And this is you just making things up to defend DBM. Show me where it's stated that two individuals of the same species would get different power-ups from the same transformation. That's never happened.
He didn't stop a charge. Cold was still, holding him in the air by his jaw, preparing to attack him further. The kick that Bardock gave him at that time was not expected by Cold, hence the surprise. Surprise = unexpected. That was one of the hits. The other was a strategic hit: he distracted him with a big attack, and used the opportunity to hit him from the back, which Cold didn't see coming, hence the surprise.
There was nothing to indicate he was standing still for any meaningful period of time. He charged and grabbed Bardock and then Bardock kneed him.
Before Cold went 100%, Bardock also gave him a surprise hit when Cold was also holding him in the air (he didn't learn from his mistake). However, only the first hit was a surprise, the other ones were expected, but Cold was unable to react adequately to prevent them.
Being hit once doesn't mean you are automatically now fully on guard. You can take someone by surprise by hitting them multiple times in quick succession, like Vegeta did to Zarbon. Or Bardock did here.
What's your point? All that says is that Cold probably isn't THAT much stronger than Bardock, to the point that he could just tank one of his strongest attacks like it was nothing, without even bothering with defense. Probably the difference between them isn't THAT great. However, Bardock's attack still did nothing to him, while a similar attack had, previously, made Cold bleed and made him bruised (on Cold's true form). All that just implies that Cold is now much stronger than Bardock but not to the point that Bardock is completely unable to do anything at all.
No, it doesn't imply that. One of the attacks hit Cold full force while he was in an unfavorable position. The other was blocked by a barrier.
Cold was already bleeding and covered in bruises after Bardock's Ki attack hit him (in his true form). That's what hurt him.
Look closely at the attacks in the last few pages; during the first knee, for example, you can see blood flying out of Cold's mouth. During the second knee, Cold certainly doesn't look "unfazed". After, he looks just as pissed as he did at the first volley. There's nothing to indicate that Cold here is "unfazed" and everything to indicate he isn't, like his facial expressions and wounds.
I see. So, before he went 100%, they were trading blows, and Bardock, after a surprise hit, managed to land a barrage of hits that Cold was incapable of adequately stopping and a Ki attack that left Cold bleeding and bruised. After he went 100%, Bardock has been shown to be incapable of trading blows with him, of being incapable of actually hitting him with a Ki blast and of being incapable of keeping up with Cold's speed (which is why Cold keeps disappearing right in front of him)... And you say that Cold is doing worse? :shock: Ok...
Cold, before the power-up, was stomping Bardock around effortlessly, with a smile on his face, while complaining about how weak he was. Then Bardock landed a surprise barrage after Cold got arrogant, then hit Cold with a ki attack he was in a bad position to take.

After he went 100%, Bardock is now able to hit him normally (he doesn't need Cold to be standing still and off guard anymore) and still able to hit him with a ki blast that is still implied to be able to damage him (Cold was just able to put up a barrier in time to counter it this time).
What? What fight are you reading? Jeez... I've already explained why and how Cold is doing better now than before so I won't repeat myself. But I will say, yet again, stop assuming unconfirmed stuff like its confirmed! Where is it stated that he receives a "big" power-up? Just because Freeza went from 70% to 100%, his father doesn't have to be the same. In fact, what's a big power up to you? Besides being completely subjective, the original manga isn't exactly known for being consistent regarding numbers and performance in a fight.
Where did this "stop assuming stuff that isn't confirmed" come from? You're putting words in my mouth. I said that Cold was implied to do a big power-up, which he was, since his transformation here was compared to Freeza's (it merely being called "100%", then Goku using knowledge of Freeza's transformation to deduce a victory scenario), everyone was freaked out, and he got a lot bulkier.

If they don't them to be the same, they have to ESTABLISH it. But they didn't. It'd be like if I had a base saiyan beating up a Super Saiyan, then after transforming into a Super Saiyan his performance doesn't change. I doubt that people would be yelling "WELL YOU DON'T IF THE POWER-UPS ARE THE SAME SO SHUT UP" when other people point out how weird that is.

Again, I'd actually be able to enjoy this if not for Piccolo's stupid comments earlier, and the whole 100% power up here.
In fact, if SSJ Goku was 150 million and 100% Freeza 120 million, that means that there's a 20% difference in power between them. And Freeza was able to trade blows with Goku, keep up with his speed, hurt him, travel through his Kamehameha like it was nothing, etc. 100% Freeza did much better agaisnt SSJ Goku than SSJ Bardock is doing against 100% Cold. That, on its own, should imply that the difference between 100% Cold and SSJ Bardock is considerably greater than 20%. But according to you, Bardock is even with 100% Cold right? :crazy:
Again, stop putting words in my mouth. Where the hell did I say they were "even"? In both cases, Cold clearly has an advantage. However, it's anywhere near the advantage he should have in this fight, unless powering up to 100% did nothing at all.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:26 pm

This attack explodes, which means that the audience will get hurt, and Goku knows it, so I guess Goku will stop the attack.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:35 pm

Will Goku and Bardock finally meet?

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:36 pm

Wouldn't that just disqualify Cold?
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:42 pm

They didn't even disqualify Buu...

I'm not sure if we can consider the people in the contestant balconies as "audience", but I guess that the attack would probably reach the audience up there if left unchecked.

mAcChaos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mAcChaos » Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:43 pm

Wasn't there some energy field that protects the audience?
[i]"I have yet to show you, young warrior, what I'm truly capable of."[/i] - Cell

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:45 pm

Looks like this is getting good.

I'm getting so FUCKING EXCITED!

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:53 pm

If Goku interferes (even to help) wouldn't he be disqualified as well?

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:00 pm

mAcChaos wrote:Wasn't there some energy field that protects the audience?
Yeah, but I don't think that extends to the area Goku and co are in. Then again the explosion of one of Cold's attacks should be harmless to them if they go Super Saiyan, which they can do in an instant.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:03 pm

Scarz wrote:If Goku interferes (even to help) wouldn't he be disqualified as well?
It might depend on exactly how he 'helps'. If his helping is more like just stopping the audience or the currently non-fighting tournament combatants from getting hurt, that's probably fair game. If he actually helps Bardock specifically...well, I can't really see him doing that, but if he did that would be grounds for disqualification.

But as has been pointed out, so would what Boo did, so...who knows. :?
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)