Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kaboom

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Kaboom » Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:38 pm

Scarz wrote:If Goku interferes (even to help) wouldn't he be disqualified as well?
If all Goku does is act to prevent himself and his group from being blown up, I can't imagine the organizers would count that as a foul against him. Heck, if anything, it might count as a foul towards Cold for attacking (even indirectly) someone other than his opponent.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:57 pm

The only person on that balcony that can get hurt is Videl.
Well, maybe Bra or Pan too, depending on the strength of the attack?
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

Godo
I Live Here

Post by Godo » Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:01 pm

I believe that Goku is allowed to defend himself. We saw people defend themselves during the Vegetto vs. Broly fight.
I doubt that Goku can kick Bardock away, though. I think the safe choice would be a barrier.

One thing I noticed is that Goku's eyes on that page have full lines. It looks odd. It is most probably an honest mistake since the artist had drawn Bardock for many pages.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:06 pm

Godo wrote:
One thing I noticed is that Goku's eyes on that page have full lines. It looks odd. It is most probably an honest mistake since the artist had drawn Bardock for many pages.
I thought it was Vegeta or Vegetto for a second. Glad I wasn't the only one who notice

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:11 pm

RandomGuy96 wrote:
mAcChaos wrote:Wasn't there some energy field that protects the audience?
Yeah, but I don't think that extends to the area Goku and co are in. Then again the explosion of one of Cold's attacks should be harmless to them if they go Super Saiyan, which they can do in an instant.
Having that whole area destroyed would not be pleasant though. And people like Videl would be killed.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:20 pm

Goku - Dont worry, I got you Raditz!
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:44 pm

There's only two more pages in this chapter.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:59 pm

This fight seems a lot longer than it is.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:34 am

Considering how many times rules were broke already, it would be very stupid, if someone was disqualified, for trying to save audience from that attack.
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:42 am

How funny would it be if Goku knocked Bardock right back into Cold?
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

goku1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by goku1234 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:35 pm

edit!
Special Chapter: Universe 8
We'll soon begin a double special chapter about one what-if of the quest on Namek! It will be drawn by Dr Bird.
It will be released at 4 pages a week. Sometimes the monday page will be replaced by a minicomic.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:27 pm

Ugh, not another special. I wish the story in DBM will be done and over with.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:39 pm

I do agree that the Specials are coming in too often. I mean, how "special" is it when it's 1-2 per main story fight?
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:26 pm

I only like the Gast special mainly because of the art work. They are pointless since we know what happens and we could use that time to finally finish DBM.
She/Her

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:44 pm

I'm dropping this if we get yet another special after the one thats coming.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:45 pm

I can't really justify dropping it, no matter how bad it gets, since it's literally 30 seconds of 'work' every few days. If I can derive even the tiniest bit of entertainment value out of that small investment, it's worth it.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:42 pm

Now we will have to wait until January to see what happens to Bardock. Totally BS to do another special when the fight was getting good for once.
She/Her

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:46 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:Now we will have to wait until January to see what happens to Bardock. Totally BS to do another special when the fight was getting good for once.
Reminds me of Naruto's writing. It get fucking so good. Then either we do a filler chapter or it cut away to a different character and bout time we get back to the get stuff. The good is gone and they're on a whole new subject

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:28 am

We're getting two specials back to back, as a matter of fact. Hmm, Do I really want to see U8 Krillin and Gohan die horribly? Nah, I'll check back in 2 months, check the special After the Cold Fight is finished and when we can finally see Buu vs Tenshinhan face off.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:33 am

FoolsGil wrote:We're getting two specials back to back, as a matter of fact. Hmm, Do I really want to see U8 Krillin and Gohan die horribly? Nah, I'll check back in 2 months, check the special After the Cold Fight is finished and when we can finally see Buu vs Tenshinhan face off.
That fight's gonna last about two panels. And one of those will be Buu making smartass remarks.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote: