Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sun May 04, 2014 3:02 pm

Marco Polo wrote:But Piccolo guessed that it has to be Kaioshin's teleportation technique. Goku could have guessed the same since he is a smart fighter.
Just because he is a smart fighter doesn't mean that his brain should guess everything instantly all the time.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Hades
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hades » Sun May 04, 2014 5:08 pm

Marco Polo wrote:
Kaboom wrote:
Marco Polo wrote:Why did they make Goku dumber in this comic than in the official manga? I'm sure he could have come up with Piccolo's observation on his own.
Well, she did the "two fingers to the forehead" thing, which as far as I'm aware has only been necessary for Yardratan teleportation.
But Piccolo guessed that it has to be Kaioshin's teleportation technique. Goku could have guessed the same since he is a smart fighter.
Well, his father was a brilliant scientist.

pleasedon'tcrucifymeforthis
TrunksTrevelyan0064 wrote:
Scarz wrote:Like using a flamethrower to kill an ant.
Hey, a lv.100 Charizard vs a wild lv.4 Caterpie. It happens.

xmysticgohanx
Regular

Post by xmysticgohanx » Sun May 04, 2014 10:36 pm

Hades wrote:Well, his father was a brilliant scientist.

Off topic, but why is everyone saying that and where is it from? :crazy:
Canon is Jaco, Dragon Ball except for EoZ, Dragon Ball Super anime and manga (both are separate canons)
Kai >>> Z
Current Roshi/Kulilin >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> SSJ3 Gotenks

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Sun May 04, 2014 11:05 pm

xmysticgohanx wrote:
Hades wrote:Well, his father was a brilliant scientist.

Off topic, but why is everyone saying that and where is it from? :crazy:
Ocean Dub of DBZ. Vegeta said Bardock made the Fake moon

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon May 05, 2014 2:18 pm

Okay, yeah...the joke has gone a little too far for even my tastes. I'm not like, offended, or anything...but it just wasn't as funny as it was when it was just Oob (though I did get a cheap laugh at the Black Knight cameo, LOL). I also did get a chuckle out of Bra being unable to take off the shirt. Scarz, you know what to do...the power of I and TonyTheTiger compels you!
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Wed May 07, 2014 4:09 am

Did I mention I really don't like Bra's dialogue? No? Well I don't.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Fulicer
Beyond Newbie

Post by Fulicer » Wed May 07, 2014 8:54 am

KentalSSJ6 wrote:
Did I mention I really don't like Bra's dialogue? No? Well I don't.
She has talked like this before from what I remember. Some of the dialogue in this series can be a bit odd at times, and I don't see the point in the excess swearing.

TheOverlyMadHatter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheOverlyMadHatter » Wed May 07, 2014 2:01 pm

Not gonna lie... I laughed pretty hard at this. :lol:

Also, there appears to be plenty of pages left to fill the chapter. So, either the battle isn't over, we get the long-awaited backstory of the U19 crew, or an early ending, the latter being unlikely since there was no announcement for the next chapter.
Last edited by TheOverlyMadHatter on Wed May 07, 2014 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Wed May 07, 2014 2:03 pm

Holy. Shit. Well, I didn't want Eliem to go gentle into that good night. I got my wish. >_>

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Wed May 07, 2014 2:32 pm

Wow, Bra kinda using a coward tactic.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Wed May 07, 2014 3:06 pm

Saiyans are smart fighters, as long as they don`t let pride got into their head, well, using some fancy schmancy hi-tech devices to raise gravity is unfair too, in my opinion
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Wed May 07, 2014 7:09 pm

Marco Polo wrote:Wow, Bra kinda using a coward tactic.
How is that cowardly? She has no reason to subject herself to Eleim's gravity.

This is fighting smart, not cowardly. She doesn't have to be so angry about it (seems really weird) but I applaud her for coming up with responses for Eleim's tech instead of just brute forcing it.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Wed May 07, 2014 7:14 pm

That's like saying anyone who dodges rather than stick their face out and take punches is a coward.

But shouldn't she still be stunned? It's gravity, it shouldn't matter if she is touching the floor or not.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Wed May 07, 2014 7:16 pm

RandomGuy96 wrote:That's like saying anyone who dodges rather than stick their face out and take punches is a coward.

But shouldn't she still be stunned? It's gravity, it shouldn't matter if she is touching the floor or not.
Well, she's pretty far away. Maybe she's far enough that, with her weights off, she can handle it.

But I don't know how gravity works anyway.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

FrogTrigger
Beyond Newbie

Post by FrogTrigger » Wed May 07, 2014 7:23 pm

RandomGuy96 wrote:That's like saying anyone who dodges rather than stick their face out and take punches is a coward.

I'll chalk it up to weird ass orbit

TrunksTrevelyan0064
Patreon Supporter

Post by TrunksTrevelyan0064 » Thu May 08, 2014 10:17 am

Saiga wrote:

Well, she's pretty far away. Maybe she's far enough that, with her weights off, she can handle it.

But I don't know how gravity works anyway.
Yeah I dunno, if the gravity really is that intense shouldn't the entire audience be pulled towards the ring? All in all it's just DragonBall science. Don't think about it too much :P
Usually goes by "Kevtrev" elsewhere online.
Draws comics that may or may not have been inspired by Akira Toriyama's amazing manga-making skills.

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Thu May 08, 2014 11:59 am

TrunksTrevelyan0064 wrote:Yeah I dunno, if the gravity really is that intense shouldn't the entire audience be pulled towards the ring? All in all it's just DragonBall science. Don't think about it too much :P
The increased gravity was localized specifically on the part of the ground where Bra was. It didn't apply to the whole arena planet, or else Eleim would have been crushed too.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Fri May 09, 2014 4:51 pm

Love sound effects at last panels.
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

mAcChaos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mAcChaos » Fri May 09, 2014 5:33 pm

Bra reminds me of Vegeta on Namek.
[i]"I have yet to show you, young warrior, what I'm truly capable of."[/i] - Cell

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Fri May 09, 2014 5:53 pm

...the armor can teleport now?
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.