Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by rereboy » Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:13 pm

KentalSSJ6 wrote:Well..this is rather disappointing. We couldn't get another Saiyan? Why do we need even more Broly?
Because he's great to be used as a measuring stick in this context (around movie 8 Broly VS SSJ2 Vegeta).

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:13 pm

TheGmGoken wrote:This Broly has LSSJ too?

Do every Broly has it? What the fuck is wrong wit Paragus DNA?
Why would this Broli be different? Why would any Broli be different? The only thing the could be different in him is his personality, depending what kind of life he had. Genetically, he should be exactly the same as everyone.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:19 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
TheGmGoken wrote:This Broly has LSSJ too?

Do every Broly has it? What the fuck is wrong wit Paragus DNA?
Why would this Broli be different? Why would any Broli be different? The only thing the could be different in him is his personality, depending what kind of life he had. Genetically, he should be exactly the same as everyone.
Not really. For example, somewhere in the past his great-great-great father could have had his son one year later which would result in slightly different offspring and, eventually, a slightly different Broly, even if he looks just like normal Broly.

Anything can be different and its actually pretty easy to come up with reasons for the differences since anything in the past (even things millions of years ago) could have happened differently.
Last edited by rereboy on Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:22 pm

rereboy wrote:
KentalSSJ6 wrote:Well..this is rather disappointing. We couldn't get another Saiyan? Why do we need even more Broly?
Because he's great to be used as a measuring stick in this context (around movie 8 Broly VS SSJ2 Vegeta).
Well if you wanna get technical and take Burst Limit into account, Broly starts backing away after Goku goes SSJ2 at the end of Broly's story mode. So I guess that implies that Broly was apprehensive of/intimidated by a SSJ2 Goku so a SSJ2 Vegeta should be enough to bring the Blonde Hulk down.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:23 pm

KentalSSJ6 wrote:
rereboy wrote:
Well if you wanna get technical and take Burst Limit into account, Broly starts backing away after Goku goes SSJ2 at the end of Broly's story mode. So I guess that implies that Broly was apprehensive of/intimidated by a SSJ2 Goku so a SSJ2 Vegeta should be enough to bring the Blonde Hulk down.
That's not technical at all. Movie 8 Broly was defeated by a SSJ that wasn't even in SSJ2. If he's around that level, Vegeta is clearly superior.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:26 pm

I'm not an expert in these things, but I don't think that such a thing is possible. If Paragus had slept with Broli's mother a different day, then the kid she would give birth to would be a totally different kid.

But then again, this is DBM, where Bra can be born through a different father, so...
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:32 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:I'm not an expert in these things, but I don't think that such a thing is possible. If Paragus had slept with Broli's mother a different day, then the kid she would give birth to would be a totally different kid.

But then again, this is DBM, where Bra can be born through a different father, so...
It would be another kid yes, but he could have exactly the same name and be strikingly similar (like many brothers often are) and so he would be, effectively, for all intents and purposes, the version of that kid in that universe. Which is what could happen with Broly, like I said. So, its pretty easy to justify such a change.

Bra is a good example. She is actually another girl with different genetics than main Bra, but she is effectively the version of Bra in that universe since, genetically she is like a sister or even closer to the Bra of the main universe, she has the same name and she is similar to her.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:42 pm

rereboy wrote:It would be another kid yes, but he could have exactly the same name and be strikingly similar (like many brothers often are) and so he would be, effectively, for all intents and purposes, the version of that kid in that universe. Which is what could happen with Broly, like I said. So, its pretty easy to justify such a change.
Not arguing about him having the same name, or looking similar like a brother would, but he can't look exactly the same.
Bra is a good example. She is actually another girl with different genetics than main Bra, but she is effectively the version of Bra in that universe since, genetically she is like a sister or even closer to the Bra of the main universe, she has the same name and she is similar to her.
She looks exactly like the Bra we know though (they have exactly the same face, height, hair, skin, and eye color), which shouldn't be possible since they have a different father.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:04 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote: Not arguing about him having the same name, or looking similar like a brother would, but he can't look exactly the same.
Goku looks exactly like Bardock. And like Tullece. And young Goten. So, that pretty much invalidates the whole "can't look identical" thing.
She looks exactly like the Bra we know though (they have exactly the same face, height, hair, skin, and eye color), which shouldn't be possible since they have a different father.
First off, like I said, people like Goku, Bardock, young Goten and Tullece demonstrate, yes she can in that world.

Secondly, the art of Dragon Ball isn't detailed enough to spot small differences in looks. So, a very similar character in terms of looks would probably look identical in that art, which means that both Bras can actually have small differences in terms of their appearance in-universe but they would never be noticeable with Dragon Ball art style.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:16 pm

rereboy wrote:
He's totally useless as a measuring stick, as not only is this an alternate universe Broly, it's a ghost warrior Broly, who is not the same strength as the original.

My opinions on this page: goddammit, more Broly? We don't need more Broly, with everyone going on about how awesome and fearsome Broly is. Why couldn't he have been vaporized in the last page?
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:07 pm

RandomGuy96 wrote:
He's totally useless as a measuring stick, as not only is this an alternate universe Broly, it's a ghost warrior Broly, who is not the same strength as the original.
I completely disagree. Ghost warriors aren't much stronger than the real ones since even Cold, who is stated to be around #16's power, was still complete fodder to a SSJ2, and the only abnormally strong Broly was the one from universe #20 because he has spent decades building up his power, so this Broly, who was killed by Raichi, is obviously supposed to be around the power Broly had in movie 8.
RandomGuy96 wrote:Why couldn't he have been vaporized in the last page?
What makes you think he won't be quickly dispatched in the following pages? If he's around movie 8 power, that's the most likely scenario.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:20 pm

rereboy wrote:Goku looks exactly like Bardock. And like Tullece. And young Goten. So, that pretty much invalidates the whole "can't look identical" thing.
No, Goku, Bardock, Tullece, and Goten don't look exactly the same. They have the same hair, but their faces are different.
rereboy wrote:Secondly, the art of Dragon Ball isn't detailed enough to spot small differences in looks. So, a very similar character in terms of looks would probably look identical in that art, which means that both Bras can actually have small differences in terms of their appearance in-universe but they would never be noticeable with Dragon Ball art style.
I'll agree on that. After doing some research, Salagir said that U16 Bra & U18 Bra have similar faces, so I'll assume that, realistically, they are not identical.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:21 pm

Broly is your lord and saviour bitches :lol:. Stop making fun of the sweet gentle poet.
What makes you think he won't be quickly dispatched in the following pages? If he's around movie 8 power, that's the most likely scenario.[/quote]

Well he seemed to have survived Vegeta's attack, also he has to be stronger than movie 8 but may be weaker than movie 10. Though I think Vegeta has this. On the otherhand a controllable Broly might stick around...I dunno.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:45 pm

This Vegeta can go SSj2 and most likely never stop training. I would imagine he would kill this Broli with some minor effort.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:00 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote: No, Goku, Bardock, Tullece, and Goten don't look exactly the same. They have the same hair, but their faces are different.
Its not their faces that are different, its their expressions.

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:44 pm

BROLY 2: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO

Can somebody alert Salagir that not everybody shares his raging Broly boner?
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:51 pm

Honestly...I'm kind of interested to see where they take this version of Broly. Chances are he's going to be just the same...but if this one is for some reason not the Legendary Super Saiyan as our characters assume, or they just make him a lot more rational - this version may not have had to put up with Goku's crying and gone insane - then this could be pretty interesting. Otherwise, though...
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:17 am

rereboy wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote: No, Goku, Bardock, Tullece, and Goten don't look exactly the same. They have the same hair, but their faces are different.
Its not their faces that are different, its their expressions.
I agree.

If I search Goku the Goten picture will pop up. That's because they look 100% alike

CaBrPi
Advanced Regular

Post by CaBrPi » Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:48 am

jjgp1112 wrote:BROLY 2: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO

Can somebody alert Salagir that not everybody shares his raging Broly boner?
You mean a Broner?

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:38 am

rereboy wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
I completely disagree. Ghost warriors aren't much stronger than the real ones since even Cold, who is stated to be around #16's power, was still complete fodder to a SSJ2, and the only abnormally strong Broly was the one from universe #20 because he has spent decades building up his power, so this Broly, who was killed by Raichi, is obviously supposed to be around the power Broly had in movie 8.
What makes you think he won't be quickly dispatched in the following pages? If he's around movie 8 power, that's the most likely scenario.
They are. Tullece is probably the best example. Cold proves nothing here, as he could be ten times stronger than Android 16 and still get one-shotted. His death tells us absolutely nothing about how strong this Vegeta is that we didn't already know.

Except this Broly doesn't appear to have gone through the exact same life as Broly in the main universe, so we don't know shit about how strong he is. So he has no purpose as a measuring stick; both him and Vegeta are of completely unknown powers.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.