Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Noah » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:45 pm

So... How strong are Majin Freeza and Coola are supposed to be? Stronger than a FP SSJ maybe? Also should their Fifth Form be able to overcome Piccolo? :think:
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:29 pm

LMAO!!

Wow, I can't believe how royally the androids have screwed themselves! They put their queen RIGHT next to Goku! What were they thinking?! If Goku's a king, queen, bishop, or even just a pawn, he can just knock #18 right off the board! If Goku's a rook, #17's deadmeat! The only way this formation could POSSIBLY work in the android's favor is if Goku is either a rook or a pawn; and there's no way Goku's a pawn. If he's a knight, there's a lot of good plays he could do right here, just by taking advantage of how isolated Android #16 is. That dude, as the king, is easily the most gaping hole in their armor; if Goku can keep checking Android #16, it won't matter how many pieces the Androids have. They won't have any choice but to let Android #16 keep moving till Goku's got him in checkmate; and this isn't even counting how many pieces Goku could have hidden off-screen.

Yessir, things are looking pretty good for my man Goku right now 8) .

EDIT: Also, darn you and your "Html" Salagir! DARN YOU!!
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:10 am

Brikikoz wrote:
HeroR wrote:
coola wrote:[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
I just now noticed that King Cold is back and why do all the Majin characters look ugly?
This is Babidi + 10 or more years of spellcasting experience. Makes sense it'd be more powerful / twisted.
Babidi is at least 5 million years old (his father Bibidi died 5 million years ago). I don't think 10 years of spellcasting experience makes such a difference.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:30 am

You know if it wasn't for the Future Majin Attack, I would be reasonably thinking to myself this would be an interesting chapter (deactivating the Androids, only to be wiped out by Buu) But if Future Gohan could pull that win out of his ass against stupidly stupid odds, why can't U11?

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:35 pm

...Waaait a minute...shoot! Android #16 isn't the king! He's the ROOK! The king is actually #17, who's safely place two squares away from Goku. Which means... :cry: ...
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:54 pm

Except God, everyone looks like they are wearing black and white clothes :) Universe 11 is one where Majin Buu won...interesting, except for Gast and Kakarotto, all other specials had heroes/villains do very dumb things or have screwed power levels, maybe this one will be good?
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:53 pm

coola wrote:[A]ll the other specials had heroes/villains do very dumb things or have screwed power levels...
Sounds like DBZ to me :P .

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:38 pm

Fionordequester wrote:
coola wrote:[A]ll the other specials had heroes/villains do very dumb things or have screwed power levels...
Sounds like DBZ to me :P .
True, but not to this extend,
Freeza Wins - Gohan become arrogant jerk and Goku forces Freeza to transform into Final Form, despite having more trouble with Ginyu Force than in actual series.
Future Gohan special - Babidi punish Dabura by taking his energy..right before fight :roll:

Some specials were pretty good:
Scarz Kakarotto special and Gast specials - Great drawings and believable story
Bojack Special - Because of bizarre drawings, i will never forget Trunks Swirly Nipples or Zombie Vegeta :lol:
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:

dario03
Advanced Regular

Post by dario03 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:20 pm

I can understand calling 17 and 18 cyborgs since they are, but isn't Android 16 actually an android?

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:23 pm

dario03 wrote:I can understand calling 17 and 18 cyborgs since they are, but isn't Android 16 actually an android?
Yes, yes he is.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:38 pm

dario03 wrote:I can understand calling 17 and 18 cyborgs since they are, but isn't Android 16 actually an android?
Calling them all androids has the same problem, but in reverse. It only works when we call them something like artificial humans.

dario03
Advanced Regular

Post by dario03 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:37 pm

rereboy wrote:
Calling them all androids has the same problem, but in reverse. It only works when we call them something like artificial humans.
If you want to call them all one some what descriptive thing sure. Though for that scene I would just call them 2 cyborgs and 1 android, or Dr Gero's creations, or Dr Gero's instruments of revenge, or something like that. Especially since I've never been a big fan of artificial human for 17 and 18 since that seems more like an android description to me. But artificial human, robot, android, and cyborg have always had some over laps in definitions.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:04 am

dario03 wrote:
rereboy wrote:
If you want to call them all one some what descriptive thing sure. Though for that scene I would just call them 2 cyborgs and 1 android, or Dr Gero's creations, or Dr Gero's instruments of revenge, or something like that. Especially since I've never been a big fan of artificial human for 17 and 18 since that seems more like an android description to me. But artificial human, robot, android, and cyborg have always had some over laps in definitions.
IMO, artificial human can mean both a totally artificial human (android) or a partially artificial human (cyborg) which is why I'm fond of the term.

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:25 pm

Dr. Gero calling all of them Androids actually makes sense because, to him, they're all the same -- mere tools of destruction. He had no reason to emphasize that 17 and 18 were born as normal humans.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:44 pm

Marco Polo wrote:Dr. Gero calling all of them Androids actually makes sense because, to him, they're all the same -- mere tools of destruction. He had no reason to emphasize that 17 and 18 were born as normal humans.
I don't think it makes much sense. Android, as a term, means fully artificial, as in a robot with the form of a human. #17 and #18 are clearly not that.

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:14 pm

rereboy wrote:#17 and #18 are clearly not that.
And Gero should care because...?

To him they're just raw material that he used for his work, they're not people. He literally disregarded their names and gave them numbers.

It's kinda similar to us viewing certain animals as mere foodstock whereas a vegan would see even a cow or an ant as individuals.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:24 pm

I always figured 17 and 18 are called Androids due to Trunks not knowing or caring they were once human, Toriyama likely making them human after he introduced them and Gero also not seeing them as people.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:22 pm

Marco Polo wrote: And Gero should care because...?
- He should care because he is using language which has specific terms for things. Otherwise he could call them rocks, since he is not concerned with correct language.

- Even if he doesn't care if they were people, their artificial parts worked to enhance the biological template, which is completely different from #16 or #19.

- If he didn't want to get technical about them, he could have just called them weapon 17, or project 17, or subject 17, or soldier 17, etc.

- In the manga they are called "Jinzōningen" (literally artificial human) which, as I've explained, works for both androids and ciborgs because they are either fully artificial humans or partly artificial humans, so, IMO, Gero did care about the name.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:14 pm

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:17 pm

Well, A16 is as strong as powered up Imperfect Cell, but it would stil help :)
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek: