Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Cetra
I Live Here

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Cetra » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:01 pm

FoolsGil wrote:
Cetra wrote:Goku needs to feel an energy to get to a place with Shunkan Idou that he can actually see? I don't think so.
The move has always needed to sense energy to work. This is just one of those loopholes.
If this is such a "loophole" then he could solve this by using another loophole: There are tons of other people around Goku. Goku never teleports INTO that person so he could lock onto the ki of a non-cyborg but teleport somewhere near 17 instead. They never actually defined how far away from the locked on ki Goku needs to or can re-materialize.

And to that other guy: I know it "has always been", except in GT. I know the manga. The point is, it is really weird.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:02 pm

What is 18 doing?

Slangh
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Slangh » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:07 pm

Everyone is dumb as bricks in this special. Kami could have at least let Goku train because the cyborgs were definitely after him. For the same reason Bulma should have worked on the remote somewhere far, faaaar away from Goku. She shouldn't have run out of the house shouting happily like an idiot with the androids within hearing distance. 17 could have easily crushed the remote instead of kicking it away. And Goku would have know what Bulma was working on but he's chosen this moment to protest. Derp.

Brikikoz
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brikikoz » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:46 pm

Slangh wrote:Everyone is dumb as bricks in this special. Kami could have at least let Goku train because the cyborgs were definitely after him. For the same reason Bulma should have worked on the remote somewhere far, faaaar away from Goku. She shouldn't have run out of the house shouting happily like an idiot with the androids within hearing distance. 17 could have easily crushed the remote instead of kicking it away. And Goku would have know what Bulma was working on but he's chosen this moment to protest. Derp.
Eh, it fits with the overall stupid decisions of the original Android saga, where they ALLOWED Gero to build the droids instead of stopping him, Goku didn't take his medicine when he was supposed to, Vegeta allowed Cell to absorb the droids, (again) Goku gave Cell a senzu, and then also blew up King Kai for one last derp factor.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:24 am

Brikikoz wrote:
Slangh wrote:Everyone is dumb as bricks in this special. Kami could have at least let Goku train because the cyborgs were definitely after him. For the same reason Bulma should have worked on the remote somewhere far, faaaar away from Goku. She shouldn't have run out of the house shouting happily like an idiot with the androids within hearing distance. 17 could have easily crushed the remote instead of kicking it away. And Goku would have know what Bulma was working on but he's chosen this moment to protest. Derp.
Eh, it fits with the overall stupid decisions of the original Android saga, where they ALLOWED Gero to build the droids instead of stopping him, Goku didn't take his medicine when he was supposed to, Vegeta allowed Cell to absorb the droids, (again) Goku gave Cell a senzu, and then also blew up King Kai for one last derp factor.
At least in the funi dub Vegeta says that take a chance on the Androids being finished if they look for the dragonballs and then attack Gero.

Slangh
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Slangh » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:04 pm

Brikikoz wrote:
Absolutely right. Mistarefusion was brilliant in pointing that out in his DB Dissection on Youtube. But these specials have this stupidity occurring every few pages :thumbup:

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:30 pm

Flooding area to damage remote? Pretty smart idea.
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:47 pm

Seriously, the artist enlarged 18's breasts considerably.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:52 pm

Jackalope89 wrote:Seriously, the artist enlarged 18's breasts considerably.
And her waist / thighs for that matter.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:23 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:
The art isn't bad, but the more cartoonish look of it, along with 18 being made far curvier, is making it hard for me to take the chapter seriously.

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:48 pm

Jackalope89 wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:
The art isn't bad, but the more cartoonish look of it, along with 18 being made far curvier, is making it hard for me to take the chapter seriously.
Agreed. Plus Bulma and Chi-Chi are supposed to be the well-endowed ones. If every female character has giant breasts it just kind of becomes boring...

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:03 pm

So as her hair.
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:14 am

Cetra wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:
Cetra wrote:Goku needs to feel an energy to get to a place with Shunkan Idou that he can actually see? I don't think so.
The move has always needed to sense energy to work. This is just one of those loopholes.
If this is such a "loophole" then he could solve this by using another loophole: There are tons of other people around Goku. Goku never teleports INTO that person so he could lock onto the ki of a non-cyborg but teleport somewhere near 17 instead. They never actually defined how far away from the locked on ki Goku needs to or can re-materialize.

And to that other guy: I know it "has always been", except in GT. I know the manga. The point is, it is really weird.
Not really. There is simply no one close enough to #17 right now. Just because it was never explained in the series exactly how far from the locked Ki Goku can materialize, it doesn't mean that there's not a limit to it.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:17 pm

1st panel: Nice fish, Kuririn :)
2nd panel: Rust from water...That would be pretty big design flaw
3rd panel: Why you didnt fly up, Goku? :)
Last panel: Thats pretty clever, but, aren't Briefs supposed to be smartest ones? I doubt other scientists would made remote like that, also, would be hilarious, if Bulma flipped finger after she say that :D
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

GigaDrill
Beyond Newbie

Post by GigaDrill » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:07 pm

coola wrote:Last panel: Thats pretty clever, but, aren't Briefs supposed to be smartest ones? I doubt other scientists would made remote like that, also, would be hilarious, if Bulma flipped finger after she say that :D
Bulma had to design the remote from almost scratch since she only had the plans for 17 to work with, but other scientists could probably just follow the existing plans she sent them and the remote would work well enough

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:45 pm

Bulma and 18 look too modern anime cute I almost hear the TVs voices when reading this.

Brikikoz
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brikikoz » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:02 pm

Dr. Tights to the rescue!

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:30 am

miguelnuva1 wrote:Bulma and 18 look too modern anime cute I almost hear the TVs voices when reading this.
I meant tfs voices.

Slangh
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Slangh » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:16 pm

Surely a Super Saiyan is fast enough to avoid water? This special is putting itself in the weirdest positions to achieve a certain outcome in the story.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:20 am

Slangh wrote:Surely a Super Saiyan is fast enough to avoid water? This special is putting itself in the weirdest positions to achieve a certain outcome in the story.
Of all the possible problems, that's not one. The water was pushed by a force stronger than a Super Saiyan. The speed would just depend on that force.