Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Noah » Wed May 17, 2017 10:48 pm

Gog wrote:As you can see here, they have different ears, different colored fur, heck the second one is completely different physic wise from the first one, even the way the fur is placed is different from a canine. I would say they the race is based off of a mixture of a lion, and a canine.

A better image would be the 'alien' bystanders from the Toppo Bar scene. It's like Toei quickly whipped up a few alien designs in a second.

They have elf ears that are common the designs of alien species in the series, the fur is placed is different but so what? Blue canines with lion fur. There's probably a few good designs of aliens in Super, but most of them are prominent bad.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Wed May 17, 2017 11:03 pm

Noah wrote:
Gog wrote:As you can see here, they have different ears, different colored fur, heck the second one is completely different physic wise from the first one, even the way the fur is placed is different from a canine. I would say they the race is based off of a mixture of a lion, and a canine.

A better image would be the 'alien' bystanders from the Toppo Bar scene. It's like Toei quickly whipped up a few alien designs in a second.

They have elf ears that are common the designs of alien species in the series, the fur is placed is different but so what? Blue canines with lion fur. There's probably a few good designs of aliens in Super, but most of them are prominent bad.
Then if we go by that logic the first two alien designs would be even worse considering they are quite literally re-skinned humans:

[spoiler]Image

The first two, the second two alien designs are really good.[/spoiler]

I would consider the aliens you picked to be an incorrect example if you were going to argue that Super has mostly bad alien designs, I have no doubt that is the case since it usually just is a palate swapped dog.

Calling them blue canines with blue hair really is an exaggeration. Not only are is the hair different, but so is the mouth shape, and the position of the ears.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Wed May 17, 2017 11:26 pm

Gog wrote:Then if we go by that logic the first two alien designs would be even worse considering they are quite literally re-skinned humans:
I don't know, they sure have human features, but I like the details in their outfits they look 'foreign' to me.
Calling them blue canines with blue hair really is an exaggeration. Not only are is the hair different, but so is the mouth shape, and the position of the ears.
We can still see their canine features, I don't like their designs, another example of bad alien designs not just Super but in the series in general is this frog based one:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

It lacks creativity
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Wed May 17, 2017 11:47 pm

Noah wrote: I don't know, they sure have human features, but I like the details in their outfits they look 'foreign' to me.
I wouldn't describe it as human features so much so they're humans. Even with the other aliens they're clothes are what I would consider foreign .

Noah wrote: We can still see their canine features, I don't like their designs, another example of bad alien designs not just Super but in the series in general is this frog based one:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

It lacks creativity
Can't argue there.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Fri May 19, 2017 2:04 pm

My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Fri May 19, 2017 3:47 pm

Main story, finally.

Rubens
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rubens » Fri May 19, 2017 4:27 pm

Seconded. It was an entertaining chapter(s) but I was getting tired of it by now.

It's rather odd to see namekian feet, although the ankles seem a bit too thick so it might be it (and the clipped toenails perhaps).
I'm back!

Lurking around here since 2014. Just an old fan who regained his passion for Dragon Ball since then.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri May 19, 2017 6:41 pm

rereboy wrote:Main story, finally.
How long we were stuck with that Ginyu special anyway?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sat May 20, 2017 6:09 am

Noah wrote:
rereboy wrote:Main story, finally.
How long we were stuck with that Ginyu special anyway?
The last main story page was at 18 of january. So, 4 months ago.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Sat May 20, 2017 9:00 pm

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

If Asura was to suddenly leave Dragon Ball Multiverse I would say Holkien would be a great artist to replace him.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Sun May 21, 2017 2:17 pm

I almost forgot that Broly is overpowered here :(
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun May 21, 2017 2:34 pm

I like overpowered Broly un=ironically. It actually makes the term 'Legendary' worth its salt.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue May 23, 2017 12:49 pm

So is it still impossible to tie in the recent material to DBM? I can understand anything after ROF will be hard to tie in, but I don't think it is impossible to fit Beerus in the story. We did saw his cameo in the audience, he may be from another universe.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Tue May 23, 2017 2:18 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:So is it still impossible to tie in the recent material to DBM? I can understand anything after ROF will be hard to tie in, but I don't think it is impossible to fit Beerus in the story. We did saw his cameo in the audience, he may be from another universe.
They already had Beerus in a cameo. Besides cameos, they won't make use of the new stuff because that would imply rewriting what they want to do and it would massively change the power consistency they thought up for the characters.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue May 23, 2017 3:15 pm

In the main Universe, they could have BOG happen and say that Goku's god ki fade away over time. In U4 and U11, you could have that Beerus is dead seeing that Super Buu turn Kibitoshin into a cookie and Shin is probably killed off by Fat Buu in U11.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Tue May 23, 2017 3:34 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:In the main Universe, they could have BOG happen and say that Goku's god ki fade away over time. In U4 and U11, you could have that Beerus is dead seeing that Super Buu turn Kibitoshin into a cookie and Shin is probably killed off by Fat Buu in U11.
There's too many inconsistencies. For example, Super had Freeza train for a month and he become stronger than Buu saga Vegetto with a shiny new form just from that. What has happened with DBM's Freeza makes sense when we look at the manga but it doesn't make sense when we look and Super. Reconciling that is way too much trouble, if not impossible. And that's just one example.

Besides that, Super is not even over yet, which means that they don't even know what they would have to fit in yet. Whatever they choose to fit in could be outdated or irrelevant within a few episodes of Super.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Tue May 23, 2017 4:04 pm

rereboy wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:In the main Universe, they could have BOG happen and say that Goku's god ki fade away over time. In U4 and U11, you could have that Beerus is dead seeing that Super Buu turn Kibitoshin into a cookie and Shin is probably killed off by Fat Buu in U11.
There's too many inconsistencies. For example, Super had Freeza train for a month and he become stronger than Buu saga Vegetto with a shiny new form just from that. What has happened with DBM's Freeza makes sense when we look at the manga but it doesn't make sense when we look and Super. Reconciling that is way too much trouble, if not impossible. And that's just one example.

Besides that, Super is not even over yet, which means that they don't even know what they would have to fit in yet. Whatever they choose to fit in could be outdated or irrelevant within a few episodes of Super.
Not to mention Super retconmed Potara fusion to last only 1 hour, with means complete removal of Universe 16 (Only difference between that Universe and ours, was Vegetto, and Bra being daughter of Vegetto, rather than Vegeta, with resulted in completely different character)
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Tue May 23, 2017 6:35 pm

coola wrote: Not to mention Super retconmed Potara fusion to last only 1 hour, with means complete removal of Universe 16 (Only difference between that Universe and ours, was Vegetto, and Bra being daughter of Vegetto, rather than Vegeta, with resulted in completely different character)
Yes, I hadn't even considered that. That's an even more glaring inconsistency.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Tue May 23, 2017 10:36 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:So is it still impossible to tie in the recent material to DBM? I can understand anything after ROF will be hard to tie in, but I don't think it is impossible to fit Beerus in the story. We did saw his cameo in the audience, he may be from another universe.
Beerus could fit in fine if they simply make it so he and Xii don't fight. Also if Salagir and wans't afraid of universe 16 getting surpassed Vegeta's new form could be SSJB and then Goku reveals he has it as well.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Wed May 24, 2017 2:22 pm

If we're talking about Beers in continuity in DBM. the answer is simple. In the grand scheme of the multiverse, there would be universes where Beers refused to wake up. The universes in the tournament are all universes where that's the case.

Anything else after that, I don't know.