Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by rereboy » Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:05 pm

Gast is the most powerful Namekian that ever existed. It's perfectly possible that his regeneration is also the best regeneration an Namekian has ever had and that he could regenerate fully even from a big enough piece of his head.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:05 pm

Slightly off topic but wouldn't ghost!Broly attacking the audience disqualify Raichi?

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:51 pm

coola wrote:[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Wow, Gast looks really badass here, naked Gast, Velasa would love it :)
Who the heck is Velasa? Nice page, but really stupid that they didn't check if Gast was still alive after being cutted to pieced and getting blasted after that.

Anyway it looks like Raichi lost, right?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:54 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:Slightly off topic but wouldn't ghost!Broly attacking the audience disqualify Raichi?
Doesn't seem so, Eleim used God's Blade against Bra and cut off limbs from the audience and Uub. The fight continued.

Mewzard
I Live Here

Post by Mewzard » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:00 am

FoolsGil wrote:Doesn't seem so, Eleim used God's Blade against Bra and cut off limbs from the audience and Uub. The fight continued.
That wasn't intentional though. Broli is very clearly trying to attack the audience, which is against the rules.
RIDER KIIIIIIICK!

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:37 am

Dbzfan94 wrote:Slightly off topic but wouldn't ghost!Broly attacking the audience disqualify Raichi?
Mewzard wrote:
That wasn't intentional though. Broli is very clearly trying to attack the audience, which is against the rules.
Merely trying to attack the audience and failing to do so wouldn't disqualify him. But if Broly was successful in intentionally hurting someone in the audience, then I guess so.
Noah wrote:
Who the heck is Velasa? Nice page, but really stupid that they didn't check if Gast was still alive after being cutted to pieced and getting blasted after that.

Anyway it looks like Raichi lost, right?
If Gast has a better regeneration ability than any other Namek, it would have been perfectly fair for the characters to think he was done.

Also, there is no need to jump to conclusions regarding the outcome of the battle.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:20 am

Noah wrote:
coola wrote:[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Wow, Gast looks really badass here, naked Gast, Velasa would love it :)
Who the heck is Velasa?
She was one of biggest fangirls of Piccolo/Namekians, sadly, she's been inactive since 2012 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=3815
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:56 am

Rubens wrote:Huh. I bet he regrew from a foot or other limb while everyone kept their attentions on Broly, using that distraction to sneak up on Raichi. Whatever the case is, he better finish it quick.

On a side note, how often does one see a naked namekian?
Namekians can't heal if their heads are not intact, so they can't regenerate from a limb. Cell is the only one who broke this rule and it was a plot hole.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Rubens
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rubens » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:06 am

Gog wrote:That's impossible, a Namekian can only ever regrow from their head. If the head is destroyed then they're dead.
HeroR wrote:Namekians can't heal if their heads are not intact, so they can't regenerate from a limb. Cell is the only one who broke this rule and it was a plot hole.
You guys are right, I forgot about that detail. But seeing as powerful as Ghast is, I wouldn't be surprised if his regenerative ability too turned out to be much superior to that of a regular namekian.
I'm back!

Lurking around here since 2014. Just an old fan who regained his passion for Dragon Ball since then.

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Post by Pantalones » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:14 pm

It definitely seems like the more powerful a Namekian is the more powerful their regeneration becomes.

Look at how far Piccolo goes in the series -- Daimao doesn't show off regeneration at all, and early on it takes a good bit of effort for Piccolo Jr. just to regrow a single arm and he seems a little worn out afterward (Nail is the same way, Freeza even comments on his power level dropping afterward.) Then you have Cell Saga Piccolo (and Lord Slug) who can regenerate an arm quicker and without being drained by it as much, as well as being able to regenerate from a blast through the gut (or in Slug's case, a Goku through the gut) which was the exact sort of thing that would've killed a weaker Namekian as we saw with Daimao. And then by the Buu saga he's able to regrow the rest of his body from just his head and upper torso after being turned to stone and broken into pieces.

With Gast being much stronger than even Buu Saga Piccolo, it's not surprising that his regeneration would be another level up from anything Piccolo ever displayed.
Namekians can't heal if their heads are not intact, so they can't regenerate from a limb. Cell is the only one who broke this rule and it was a plot hole.
Cell also had Freeza's cells, which gave him the "able to survive even when cut into tiny pieces" trait (see getting up and trying to fight as an upper half on Namek, and being revived as a pile of twitching parts, sentient enough even in that state to open an eye and stare at somebody.) He doesn't have to follow "Namekian rules" perfectly because he's not 100% Namekian -- he also doesn't have his energy depleted after regenerating from his self-destruct, since the Saiyan cells in him gave him a near-death boost (...or maybe he actually was depleted when he returned as Super Perfect Cell and that's the only reason why a one-armed Gohan was able to overpower him? hmm.)

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:09 pm

My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:23 pm

I had my doubts about Gast winning this, even with his regeneration but unless Salagir tosses another curve ball, this should secure his victory.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:42 pm

coola wrote:Image
I think Raichi is gone. Some might forget, but Raichi is a ghost himself. The fact that both Raichi and Prince V has that shocked look on their face means they aren't in contol of the whatever's happening to them right now. Seeing as Gast is destroying that Ball Raichi's on, that must be where his power resided.

King Bardock

Post by King Bardock » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:50 pm

"All The Hatred In The World." Hatchiyack is literally a Hate Machine. Gast is fighting Hatchiyack after this. In hindsight, that should have been obvious from the Chapter Title alone.

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:18 pm

Holy shit, Namekian feet!

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:01 pm

Marco Polo wrote:Holy shit, Namekian feet!
Not the first time it's happened. *points to 2nd Broli special*

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:45 pm

So namekian feet has four fingers just like their hand in the manga, huh? :think:
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:22 pm

Noah wrote:So namekian feet has four fingers just like their hand in the manga, huh? :think:
It's the only logical conclusion, imo.

goku1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by goku1234 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:20 pm

Last edited by goku1234 on Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LittleGreen

Post by LittleGreen » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:37 pm

Well, i guess Hatchiyak is going to appear.
GO GAST! You can do it! :D