Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:49 pm

Fionordequester wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote:Goku's punch only knocked out a few teeth and maybe give him a concussion.
Ergh...that...would be pretty serious if that were the case.
That's nothing in the DB-verse, they've all taken worse and gotten back up like nothing happened, Recoome is just being a bitch here.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:58 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote:
Fionordequester wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote:Goku's punch only knocked out a few teeth and maybe give him a concussion.
Ergh...that...would be pretty serious if that were the case.
That's nothing in the DB-verse, they've all taken worse and gotten back up like nothing happened, Recoome is just being a bitch here.
:| If you say so...

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:00 pm

rereboy wrote: :| If you say so...
Nah, I think he's got a point. You all SEE how many times Goku got stabbed by Zamasu and Black? Dude took those like a CHAMP :) !
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:05 pm

Fionordequester wrote:
rereboy wrote: :| If you say so...
Nah, I think he's got a point. You all SEE how many times Goku got stabbed by Zamasu and Black? Dude took those like a CHAMP :) !
Yeah, no true db character is going to let a little thing like minor traumatic brain injury slow them down. Goku's took tons of blows to the head of the years and he's just fi.......oh dear.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:10 pm

So far, this and precious special contradicts about what we know about this universe, from what i've understand, Ginyu Force went to Namek with Freeza, and helped extrerminate Namekians there (Krillin wouldn't even need to kill Vegeta then, Ginyus alone would dispatch him, as well as Gohan and others) But is still doesn't explain why Freeza never meet Goku, and Ginyu Force shouldn't be able to beat him in that situation too, my head hurts :crazy:
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:01 pm

coola wrote: So far, this and precious special contradicts about what we know about this universe, from what i've understand, Ginyu Force went to Namek with Freeza, and helped extrerminate Namekians there (Krillin wouldn't even need to kill Vegeta then, Ginyus alone would dispatch him, as well as Gohan and others) But is still doesn't explain why Freeza never meet Goku, and Ginyu Force shouldn't be able to beat him in that situation too, my head hurts :crazy:
"We" = Freeza and Freeza's army. Not the Ginyus specifically. Also, he's taunting him.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:20 pm

Never would expect to DBM to have inconsistent power levels in some point
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:00 am

Noah wrote:Never would expect to DBM to have inconsistent power levels in some point
...The story starts with Vegetto vs Broly. What are you talking about? :D

mfwlegend3
Regular

Post by mfwlegend3 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:23 am

FoolsGil wrote:...The story starts with Vegetto vs Broly.
A Broly whose power rises with each passing minute.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:59 am

Well, it's Broly from an alternate reality... Super has a Broly that is female and that's the same explanation provided.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:50 am

Well yeah, alternate Broly with rising power level, but nowhere else is Broly going up against Vegetto considered normal, or possible. I would consider that the first instance of an inconsistent power level, or power scaling.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:18 am

FoolsGil wrote:Well yeah, alternate Broly with rising power level, but nowhere else is Broly going up against Vegetto considered normal, or possible.
In an alternate reality, it is possible. For example, I don't know how strong female Broly is Super in supposed to be, but if she even approaches current Goku's power, she should be stronger than manga Vegetto.
I would consider that the first instance of an inconsistent power level, or power scaling.
It's inconsistent when there's no adequate, consistent and logical explanation. If there is one, it's not inconsistent. And being from an alternate reality is or can be that explanation, depending on people's opinion.

The problem is when they try to explain why and how that reality differs from the main one and they do a poor job at it. The concept of alternate realities allows for infinite possibilities so, for one such reality to have a Broly like that is possible, and thus the concept just works... but if they try to explain how that reality is and what happened and the explanation is poor, then it might become inconsistent.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:35 am

rereboy wrote:
coola wrote: So far, this and precious special contradicts about what we know about this universe, from what i've understand, Ginyu Force went to Namek with Freeza, and helped extrerminate Namekians there (Krillin wouldn't even need to kill Vegeta then, Ginyus alone would dispatch him, as well as Gohan and others) But is still doesn't explain why Freeza never meet Goku, and Ginyu Force shouldn't be able to beat him in that situation too, my head hurts :crazy:
"We" = Freeza and Freeza's army. Not the Ginyus specifically. Also, he's taunting him.
Right, taking credit for killing someone is pretty common for DB villains :) (Vegeta saying he killed Piccolo on Namek)
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:50 pm

Um...ok, that happened :D
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:47 pm

So basically a filler page.

TheOverlyMadHatter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheOverlyMadHatter » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:59 pm

...those are opened condom wrappers on the floor on the top-right panel. Well, it's good to know safe sex is taught at the Planet Trade Organization.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:04 pm

Best page in the entire special, well at least until Freeza shows up. But I never would have realized that Jeice was such a playboy.

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:02 pm

I love how he wears briefs as part of his uniform but boxers at home :lol:

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:41 pm

This would be fine in a just for fun special of the Ginyu Force, in all the universes they appear in, before they head out to Namek, or the Namek planet equivalent. But here, it's a waste of an update. The story is supposed to be about Goku and Nail, not this.

ParkerAL
Regular

Post by ParkerAL » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:11 pm

Well, I guess Dragon Ball is no stranger to this kind of thing. :lol:

Of course, if it really wanted to go for authentic Toriyama humor, it would have shown Jheese trying to get to first base and failing pathetically.
Favorite Movies: Alien, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, The Thing, Evil Dead, The Land Before Time
Favorite Shows: Cardcaptor Sakura, Doctor Who, Wallace and Gromit, Wakfu, Yu Yu Hakusho
Favorite Manga: Fullmetal Alchemist, Hunter x Hunter, Dragon Ball
Augenis wrote:The power level view into the series has trained a significant portion of the fan base into real life stereotypical members of the Freeza empire, where each and every individual is reduced to a floating number above their heads and any sudden changes to said number are met with shock and confusion.