Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:23 am

"Oh now you won't! "

Sigh....
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Regarder
Regular

Post by Regarder » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:55 am

Kamiccolo9 wrote:"Oh now you won't! "

Sigh....
It's weird because there are tons of english speakers who would be willing to correct the translations for free.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:14 am

It's hard to believe that this comic has been around for well over 10 years and is still nowhere near its proper conclusion, it's kind of a bad thing if you ask me, this whole two pages a week thing kills my interest from time to time, especially when the Specials either don't meet my aesthetic taste or is just flat out boring and on top of that it seems like we get one every other month because Asura needs time to catch up on life stuff and be ahead in terms of page release.. I know these guys have busy lives but there has to be another way to pump this out a little bit faster.

Don't get me wrong, I dont wanna sound ungrateful, I know neither Salagir or Asura are getting paid for this (From what I know at least) but this comic can get really interesting at times, its just mildly unfortunate that they cant seem to grasp any momentum because of the constant specials.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:23 pm

goku the krump dancer wrote:It's hard to believe that this comic has been around for well over 10 years and is still nowhere near its proper conclusion, it's kind of a bad thing if you ask me, this whole two pages a week thing kills my interest from time to time, especially when the Specials either don't meet my aesthetic taste or is just flat out boring and on top of that it seems like we get one every other month because Asura needs time to catch up on life stuff and be ahead in terms of page release.. I know these guys have busy lives but there has to be another way to pump this out a little bit faster.

Don't get me wrong, I dont wanna sound ungrateful, I know neither Salagir or Asura are getting paid for this (From what I know at least) but this comic can get really interesting at times, its just mildly unfortunate that they cant seem to grasp any momentum because of the constant specials.
The length without a conclusion isn't really a problem of the artists not having enough free time to make, at least not fully. It's that the pacing, story-wise, is sporadic and wastes a lot of time on stuff that's really just filler (Not just talking about the specials). It feels like the story is intentionally dragging it's feet.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:13 pm

Kanassa wrote:
goku the krump dancer wrote:It's hard to believe that this comic has been around for well over 10 years and is still nowhere near its proper conclusion, it's kind of a bad thing if you ask me, this whole two pages a week thing kills my interest from time to time, especially when the Specials either don't meet my aesthetic taste or is just flat out boring and on top of that it seems like we get one every other month because Asura needs time to catch up on life stuff and be ahead in terms of page release.. I know these guys have busy lives but there has to be another way to pump this out a little bit faster.

The length without a conclusion isn't really a problem of the artists not having enough free time to make, at least not fully. It's that the pacing, story-wise, is sporadic and wastes a lot of time on stuff that's really just filler (Not just talking about the specials). It feels like the story is intentionally dragging it's feet.

Hmmm, I wonder what the thought process is if they truly want to drag this out for whatever reason. I mean they can always tell another story, if they have another to tell that is. For me I'd say end it reasonably so at the very least it can be Good and not a choir to Re-Read.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:07 pm

It would be a hundred times better with a monthly release. Like, they can write and draw at the same pace if they want, but releasing it 2 pages a week KILLS the pacing. It's terrible.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:09 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:It would be a hundred times better with a monthly release. Like, they can write and draw at the same pace if they want, but releasing it 2 pages a week KILLS the pacing. It's terrible.
Personally, specials are what ruin it for me, some of them were really good, like Kakarotto past, but most of them are bad guys won and slaughter Z-Warriors, or have terrible out of character moments and/or complete a..pull powerlevels.
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:42 am

coola wrote:
Kamiccolo9 wrote:It would be a hundred times better with a monthly release. Like, they can write and draw at the same pace if they want, but releasing it 2 pages a week KILLS the pacing. It's terrible.
Personally, specials are what ruin it for me, some of them were really good, like Kakarotto past, but most of them are bad guys won and slaughter Z-Warriors, or have terrible out of character moments and/or complete a..pull powerlevels.
The problem with specials is that most of them don't' require a whole special to cover the story, but the story is stretched out anyway to justify the special.

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:16 am

Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:54 pm

Fixed.
coola wrote:Image

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:33 pm

Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:26 pm

So how long it's been since Bardock's vision of Vegeto going nuts?
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

Rubens
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rubens » Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:55 am

I... really hope this isn't the end, it's too anti-climatic for my taste. I already care little about this special so I'm hoping for some twist here - and some action: Boo remaining static the entire time is getting annoying.
I'm back!

Lurking around here since 2014. Just an old fan who regained his passion for Dragon Ball since then.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:28 am

Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:

Jack Bz
Regular

Post by Jack Bz » Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:35 pm

I wonder what the limits are of Buu being able to teleport people the way he teleported Videl. Would it mean anyone that doesn't have instantaneous movement could just be removed from a fight?

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:42 pm

Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:47 pm

one or two pages of him getting his bro back, or a monkeys paw version of him, or perhaps getting absorbed after the bro gets brought back. Maybe one more page of Buu meeting the vargas, but otherwise this seems like a short special and I'm not sure where they can take it.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Regarder
Regular

Post by Regarder » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:25 pm

I find the skip to "many hours later" to be fairly humorous. Did Buu shoo him to the back of the line to take his proper go?

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:56 pm

Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:11 pm

All this special has done is make Zen Buu even more bullshit. God, the eventual fight with him is going to be a repetition of Buu going "Aha, you thought I was about to be defeated, but I have ANOTHER hidden power that will conveniently save me. Just give me time, I'll out bullshit Bra!" isn't it?

Kanassa wrote: