Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ParkerAL
Regular

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by ParkerAL » Mon May 08, 2017 6:11 am

Armor with double shoulder pads doesn't look too practical to me.
rereboy wrote:The end goal is having Ginyu swap bodies until he gets Cold's body as it has already been established. While your scenario could be interesting, it doesn't fit what is already been established. And taking what is established in consideration, what has been shown is still more interesting/entertaining than having Nail just be crushed by Ginyu, which is why it's there, not because it's the setup for a different end goal.
I wouldn't have been inconsistent at all, rereboy. It would have been a nice twist, that's all. But it doesn't matter. The special was decent and did its job. It's hard to ask for much more.
Favorite Movies: Alien, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, The Thing, Evil Dead, The Land Before Time
Favorite Shows: Cardcaptor Sakura, Doctor Who, Wallace and Gromit, Wakfu, Yu Yu Hakusho
Favorite Manga: Fullmetal Alchemist, Hunter x Hunter, Dragon Ball
Augenis wrote:The power level view into the series has trained a significant portion of the fan base into real life stereotypical members of the Freeza empire, where each and every individual is reduced to a floating number above their heads and any sudden changes to said number are met with shock and confusion.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Mon May 08, 2017 11:08 am

Twists have to fit and work together with everything else, that's all I'm saying.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Mon May 08, 2017 9:53 pm

Usually I don't like DBM specials but I found this one to be really interesting
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Wed May 10, 2017 2:11 am

Question, why is this Freeza so much dumber than his canon counterpart? He kills his men himself, not shoots them and have someone else finished the deed. Especially someone he knows can change bodies at will. Can you hand Freeza a bigger idiot ball? And Ginyu being shocked that his boss tries to kill him for failure, I can't believe Ginyu is really that naive since even the lower grunt knew Freeza was a terrible boss.

This special is okay, but Freeza and Ginyu comes off a dumber versions of their canon counterparts. But I noticed that Multiverse does that all the time to Freeze, like him sending his men to kill several dozen Great Apes instead of getting off his butt and doing it himself. You would think having the worst thing he can think of happen would motive him to get out off is chair and wrecked them, especially since he knows how dangerous the Great Apes are.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Wed May 10, 2017 2:25 am

HeroR wrote:Question, why is this Freeza so much dumber than his canon counterpart? He kills his men himself, not shoots them and have someone else finished the deed. Especially someone he knows can change bodies at will. Can you hand Freeza a bigger idiot ball? And Ginyu being shocked that his boss tries to kill him for failure, I can't believe Ginyu is really that naive since even the lower grunt knew Freeza was a terrible boss.
But...has Freeza EVER been smart? Really? Because in basically every incarnation I've seen, ever; from the original Japanese version, to the Kai dub, to the old FUNI dub, to Resurrection F, and everything else I've ever seen...the guy is a delusional moron. The only reason he was ever a significant threat was because he was psychotic and had a really big power level. That's it. And he was certainly an entertaining villain, but...never a particularly smart one, given that he:

1) Repeatedly drags out his fight with Goku, which resulted in him going Super Saiyan eventually.

2) Repeatedly drags out his fights with everyone else, allowing them to occasionally assist Goku.

3) Is repeatedly outwitted by Vegeta when they were playing hide-and-seek with the Dragon Balls.

4) Is outwitted by Nail, when he buys Gohan and Krillin time to make their wishes.

5) Is actually stupid enough to think he can kill Goku while cut in half

6) Comes back to Earth after only a slight power level boost, and fully intends to kill Goku's friends (because getting him angry worked out SO well the last time)

7) Repeatedly tries to kill Trunks, even when it's abundantly clear that he and Cold are completely outmatched.

8 ) Tries to kill Goku and Co. AGAIN in Resurrection F, only to ONCE AGAIN be killed.

9) STILL hasn't solved his stamina issue in Resurrection F, despite having 20 years to reflect on that fight.

I mean, Freeza is a lot of things, but..."smart" has never been one of them.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Wed May 10, 2017 3:53 am

Fionordequester wrote:
But...has Freeza EVER been smart? Really? Because in basically every incarnation I've seen, ever; from the original Japanese version, to the Kai dub, to the old FUNI dub, to Resurrection F, and everything else I've ever seen...the guy is a delusional moron. The only reason he was ever a significant threat was because he was psychotic and had a really big power level. That's it. And he was certainly an entertaining villain, but...never a particularly smart one, given that he:

1) Repeatedly drags out his fight with Goku, which resulted in him going Super Saiyan eventually.

2) Repeatedly drags out his fights with everyone else, allowing them to occasionally assist Goku.

3) Is repeatedly outwitted by Vegeta when they were playing hide-and-seek with the Dragon Balls.

4) Is outwitted by Nail, when he buys Gohan and Krillin time to make their wishes.

5) Is actually stupid enough to think he can kill Goku while cut in half

6) Comes back to Earth after only a slight power level boost, and fully intends to kill Goku's friends (because getting him angry worked out SO well the last time)

7) Repeatedly tries to kill Trunks, even when it's abundantly clear that he and Cold are completely outmatched.

8 ) Tries to kill Goku and Co. AGAIN in Resurrection F, only to ONCE AGAIN be killed.

9) STILL hasn't solved his stamina issue in Resurrection F, despite having 20 years to reflect on that fight.

I mean, Freeza is a lot of things, but..."smart" has never been one of them.
While Freeza is far from a genius because he's an egoistical spoiled brat, him not killing Ginyu himself is not only stupid it's OOC. Freeza has never let someone else do his dirty work if he's in the room. He may send his men to hunt down pests, but if they're within his range, he usually kills them himself like Bardock and King Vegeta. With Gohan, Krillin, and Dende he sent one of his strongest men to deal with them, not some random grunt. And he knows Ginyu can body change. Did he honestly think Ginyu would let himself be quietly killed and not try to switch bodies to escape? Why couldn't he vaporized Ginyu on the spot like he usually does when displeased, even in Multiverse?

As for the Saiyan Rebelling, this is extremely OOC. Freeza is terrified of the Saiyans rebelling against him, which is why he decides to kill them. A bunch of Great Apes flying towards his ships is literally the worst case scenario for him. It's his nightmare. So why would he send a bunch of grunts? At the very least he could have sent Zarbon and Dodoria. I just can't imagine Freeza sitting in his ship seeing a bunch of Great Apes heading towards him, giving how fearful he was of the Saiyans, and going 'send out the fodder'. This is the same person who called the Ginyu Force to Namek, even though Zarbon called it overkill because he was fearful.
Kanassa wrote:
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Wed May 10, 2017 10:30 am

HeroR wrote:Question, why is this Freeza so much dumber than his canon counterpart? He kills his men himself, not shoots them and have someone else finished the deed.
Freeza thought he had killed Ginyu. When he tells his soldiers to go burn him, he means "get rid of that dead body".

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Wed May 10, 2017 2:06 pm

"Ginyû changed bodies many times over the course of several years"
"These lives without combat are boring, I need a powerful body… But there’s no way I’ll be Frieza’s soldier!"
"He betrayed me, dishonored me… He’d deserve it if I were to take his body!"
"Wait, there’s much better! Ha ha! It’s he who will be under my orders!!"
I dont get it, why to this day he didn't bothered to tell Freeza who he really is? If he could tranform into form that gave him power similar #16, Freeza and Coola wouldnt be able to do anything about it.
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Wed May 10, 2017 4:40 pm

This is saddening imagine all of these people Ginyu took over, assuming their lives, their bodies, their roles. What he has done is murder, and yet nobody would ever know, and nobody could ever know. It's the perfect crime.

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Wed May 10, 2017 8:28 pm

coola wrote:[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
"These lives without combat are boring, I need a powerful body… But there’s no way I’ll be Frieza’s soldier!"
I dont get it, why to this day he didn't bothered to tell Freeza who he really is? If he could tranform into form that gave him power similar #16, Freeza and Coola wouldnt be able to do anything about it.
Why do you upload the jp translation instead of the english one? Unless you post the first that is up just to claim "first!".
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Thu May 11, 2017 5:17 am

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote:
coola wrote:[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Why do you upload the jp translation instead of the english one? Unless you post the first that is up just to claim "first!".
Page is uploaded in multiple languages at same time, sometimes however, English and few others is uploaded in a way i cant copy and paste link.
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu May 11, 2017 8:40 am

I still don't get why Ginyu is acting new to Freeza being a terrible boss. Giving how quickly and easily Freeza kills his men, he should know good and well that he was screwed when Freeza yelled at him. Isn't that why he took responsibility to save his men?
rereboy wrote:
HeroR wrote:Question, why is this Freeza so much dumber than his canon counterpart? He kills his men himself, not shoots them and have someone else finished the deed.
Freeza thought he had killed Ginyu. When he tells his soldiers to go burn him, he means "get rid of that dead body".
Why tell someone to burn the body when he has literally vaporized people or effortlessly blown their heads off? Also, I have never seen Freeza failed to kill someone unless there was interference.
Kanassa wrote:

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Thu May 11, 2017 10:30 am

HeroR wrote:
Why tell someone to burn the body when he has literally vaporized people or effortlessly blown their heads off?
Why would Freeza bother himself with the disposal of corpses...? He pretty much always lets his men handle the things that are beneath him.
Also, I have never seen Freeza failed to kill someone unless there was interference.
Ginyu would surely eventually died, he just didn't die immediately and had enough strength to swap bodies before dying.

You are literally making a big deal out of nothing. Freeza just made a slight miscalculation about the way he attacked Ginyu, thinking that he would die immediately, when in fact he managed to survive for a few minutes and swap bodies before dying. In the manga, Freeza does plenty of miscalculations, mostly due to his arrogance.
HeroR wrote:I still don't get why Ginyu is acting new to Freeza being a terrible boss. Giving how quickly and easily Freeza kills his men, he should know good and well that he was screwed when Freeza yelled at him. Isn't that why he took responsibility to save his men?
You are talking like Ginyu is some good, noble guy.

Ginyu has always been evil and almost surely egotistical. Most likely he never even cared or thought much about others and always thought of Freeza as awesome because he was super strong and provided Ginyu with plenty of good thing as the highest ranking soldier in his army.

Ginyu took responsibility for the destruction, not to save others, but because he was feeling guilty and frustrated that he couldn't do better and that hurt his pride. It was probably the first time he failed Freeza, too.

Only now, after experiencing Freeza's treatment himself, he is able to think of Freeza as unfair, but even after that, he is perfectly fine with taking the bodies of other people without a second thought and keeping an empire built on death and slavery running as Cold, so, obviously, he doesn't care if he is unfair or cruel himself, he just doesn't like when others are cruel or unfair to him.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu May 11, 2017 10:58 am

rereboy wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Why tell someone to burn the body when he has literally vaporized people or effortlessly blown their heads off?
Why would Freeza bother himself with the disposal of corpses...? He pretty much always lets his men handle the things that are beneath him.
Also, I have never seen Freeza failed to kill someone unless there was interference.
Ginyu would surely eventually died, he just didn't die immediately and had enough strength to swap bodies before dying.

You are literally making a big deal out of nothing. Freeza just made a slight miscalculation about the way he attacked Ginyu, thinking that he would die immediately, when in fact he managed to survive for a few minutes and swap bodies before dying. In the manga, Freeza does plenty of miscalculations, mostly due to his arrogance.
HeroR wrote:I still don't get why Ginyu is acting new to Freeza being a terrible boss. Giving how quickly and easily Freeza kills his men, he should know good and well that he was screwed when Freeza yelled at him. Isn't that why he took responsibility to save his men?
You are talking like Ginyu is some good, noble guy.

Ginyu has always been evil and almost surely egotistical. Most likely he never even cared or thought much about others and always thought of Freeza as awesome because he was super strong and provided Ginyu with plenty of good thing as the highest ranking soldier in his army.

Ginyu took responsibility for the destruction, not to save others, but because he was feeling guilty and frustrated that he couldn't do better and that hurt his pride. It was probably the first time he failed Freeza, too.

Only now, after experiencing Freeza's treatment himself, he is able to think of Freeza as unfair, but even after that, he is perfectly fine with taking the bodies of other people without a second thought and keeping an empire built on death and slavery running as Cold, so, obviously, he doesn't care if he is unfair or cruel himself, he just doesn't like when others are cruel or unfair to him.
Because he has in the past. Name me one time in canon and multiverse where Freeza didn't take care of someone himself if they were in his present and tell someone else to burn the body. Even if he would have eventually died, nothing in Freeza's history I can think of has him leaving a dying person alone and hands it to someone else. Freeza is a cocky bastard, but he usually pretty good as killing people if he isn't interrupted.

No, I don't believe that at all. Ginyu is evil, but he has shown some care for his men, especially this version in Multiverse where he pretended to be outraged by his men's deaths. If he was willing to take the fall, he should have known that Freeza was going to punished them either by death or torture. He's been around Freeza long enough to know that and he probably seen Freeza kill his 'favorite' elite when they messed up.

I can see it as double standard, it's weird that Ginyu is all emo and going 'Lord Freeza, how can you screw me' like a special snowflake, something I never got from Ginyu given how he acted on Namek where he knew Freeza was punished him if the failed to protect the Dragon Balls.
Kanassa wrote:

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Thu May 11, 2017 12:02 pm

HeroR wrote:Because he has in the past. Name me one time in canon and multiverse where Freeza didn't take care of someone himself if they were in his present and tell someone else to burn the body. Even if he would have eventually died, nothing in Freeza's history I can think of has him leaving a dying person alone and hands it to someone else. Freeza is a cocky bastard, but he usually pretty good as killing people if he isn't interrupted.
What...? The entire Namek arc is Freeza telling others to do things that he could have done much more effectively and quickly himself which then backfires on him. For example, would Gohan have gotten away if Freeza had just gone after him instead of sending Dodoria?

How Freeza tries to kill Ginyu in this special is exactly what he did to Vegeta when he killed him in Namek. The differences are that Freeza's arrogance made him overlook the possibility of Ginyu not dying immediately and being able to swap bodies before dying, and also the fact that Freeza didn't care if Namek was filled with dead bodies, while he does care that his city is clean (but not enough to clean it himself when he has minions to do it).

Freeza's actions in both the manga and here in the special when he attacks Ginyu are all due to his arrogance and his tendency to leave things that he thinks are unworthy of him to his minions, which then backfire on him.
No, I don't believe that at all. Ginyu is evil, but he has shown some care for his men, especially this version in Multiverse where he pretended to be outraged by his men's deaths.
Keyword: pretended. He doesn't care about others, not really. If he truly cared about others, he wouldn't take the body of a galactic genocidal emperor and then continue said empire just like the previous emperor did.
If he was willing to take the fall, he should have known that Freeza was going to punished them either by death or torture. He's been around Freeza long enough to know that and he probably seen Freeza kill his 'favorite' elite when they messed up.
Like I said, he only cares about himself. As Freeza's most powerful soldier and, in his mind, most valuable soldier, the one that Freeza had probably always treated with higher distinction than any other soldier, he probably expected punishment, and he was willing to face it because he was also frustrated at himself, but he didn't expect a summarized death sentence because he thought he had more value than that.
I can see it as double standard, it's weird that Ginyu is all emo and going 'Lord Freeza, how can you screw me' like a special snowflake, something I never got from Ginyu given how he acted on Namek where he knew Freeza was punished him if the failed to protect the Dragon Balls.
Of course it's a double standard. He puts himself on a completely different standard than everyone else.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Thu May 11, 2017 1:32 pm

Even in real life, when evil organization rule country, it is ok to kill normal people, but when you kill organization members, then its not ok, sad but true, look at Khrushchev, main reason he condemned Stalin and stalinism, was that among Stalin victims, were communists.
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Thu May 11, 2017 3:29 pm

The_Destroyer
Regular

Post by The_Destroyer » Thu May 11, 2017 9:38 pm

ParkerAL wrote:
rereboy wrote:... Making the fight more entertaining/interesting than Ginyu simply crushing Nail with his bigger power.
It would also have been far more interesting if Ginyu had remained in Nail's body, seen Lord Freeza kill Nail pretending to be him, switched with a soldier who came to finish off the "Namek" and then decided to plot against his master for "killing" him. The fight would have been all the better by having an actual payoff.

The way Ginyu actually saves himself just feels lame and easy. It has no dramatic buildup. And why would Freeza even have the body dragged off to some space crematorium if any one of his lackeys can disintegrate it on the spot with an energy blast?

Overall, this special was fine. The art was good, the story okay. But it is a shame seeing how it could have been better.
I'm not sure that works, because in Frieza's flashback, we see Ginyu taking responsibility for the capital's destruction so his team would be spared. Why would Nail care about the ginyu force? His goal would be to stay alive and inflitrate the frieza clan, he would gladly sacrifice his those guys so he could stay alive.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Fri May 12, 2017 5:27 am

I don't get why some are saying that Ginyu took responsibility to save his squad. He never even mentions them. He took responsibility because he was frustrated at himself, not because he cared about others. As it's pretty clear by his actions, he doesn't care about others, not even his squad, who he never mentions again in this special or in the main story after being attacked by Freeza.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Fri May 12, 2017 2:19 pm

"Wow...I REALLY should've taken this more seriously. Man; now I'm gonna die."
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".