Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by jeffbr92 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:10 pm

coola wrote:Image
And that's how Goku's mother was supposed to be
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:19 am

jeffbr92 wrote:
Pass.

I will willingly be in the minority and say that I actually liked Minus.

OhHiRenan
Beyond Newbie

Post by OhHiRenan » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:05 am

Jackalope89 wrote:
jeffbr92 wrote:
Pass.

While I don’t like Minus, Gine is a FAR more appropriate mother for Goku than Hanasia.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:39 pm

Still with "ah ah" mistranslation i see :)
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:13 pm

OhHiRenan wrote:
Jackalope89 wrote:
jeffbr92 wrote:
Pass.

While I don’t like Minus, Gine is a FAR more appropriate mother for Goku than Hanasia.
Agreed.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:39 pm

OhHiRenan wrote: While I don’t like Minus, Gine is a FAR more appropriate mother for Goku than Hanasia.
"FAR" for you, what makes Goku special is that he was conceived by terrible people, so I don't like Gine aka another housewife in the series as Goku's mother

by Doctor.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:41 pm

OhHiRenan wrote:While I don’t like Minus, Gine is a FAR more appropriate mother for Goku than Hanasia.
"FAR" for you, what makes Goku special is that he was conceived by terrible people, so I don't like Gine aka another housewife in the series as Goku's mother[/quote]
coola wrote:[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Oh I like the artstyle

by Doctor.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:20 am

jeffbr92 wrote:
OhHiRenan wrote: While I don’t like Minus, Gine is a FAR more appropriate mother for Goku than Hanasia.
"FAR" for you, what makes Goku special is that he was conceived by terrible people, so I don't like Gine aka another housewife in the series as Goku's mother
I agree, like Lance ( Gaffer Tape) said in his DB Dissection, by making Goku parents (especially Gine) different from rest of Saiyans, you take away what made Goku nd different from rest of Saiyans.
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:

OhHiRenan
Beyond Newbie

Post by OhHiRenan » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:51 am

jeffbr92 wrote:
What makes Goku special is that he was born into the lowest class of Saiyan culture yet still managed to surpass even the elite.

Also, while Bardock is softer than he is in the TV Special, there's nothing that really contradicts the idea that he's not still a relatively terrible person.

Besides, my point wasn't about Bardock, it was about Gine and Hanasia. Hanasia is a bland character who adds little to the context of Goku as a person. She fulfills the exact same role Bardock originally did, but worse. Gine at least infers aspects of Goku's personality.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:40 pm

OhHiRenan wrote:Besides, my point wasn't about Bardock, it was about Gine and Hanasia. Hanasia is a bland character who adds little to the context of Goku as a person. She fulfills the exact same role Bardock originally did, but worse. Gine at least infers aspects of Goku's personality.
She doesn't need to add nothing to Goku as person, Bardock in the TV Special only cared about Goku because of his visions and that's how it should be: Saiyans are not good people, they only care about their progenitors when they end up being good warriors.

by Doctor.

OhHiRenan
Beyond Newbie

Post by OhHiRenan » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:59 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:
OhHiRenan wrote:Besides, my point wasn't about Bardock, it was about Gine and Hanasia. Hanasia is a bland character who adds little to the context of Goku as a person. She fulfills the exact same role Bardock originally did, but worse. Gine at least infers aspects of Goku's personality.
She doesn't need to add nothing to Goku as person, Bardock in the TV Special only cared about Goku because of his visions and that's how it should be: Saiyans are not good people, they only care about their progenitors when they end up being good warriors.
But that depiction of Bardock does add to Goku as a character, as it shows how different Goku is from the average Saiyan. Bardock is the average Saiyan while Gine isn't. Both infer his character in different respects.

Hanasia is simply derivative of Bardock. If Goku's mother is going to be a part of the story, I'd like her to serve a purpose that isn't shared with Bardock. Gine character work independently of Bardock in a grand sense. Hanasia's doesn't.

That doesn't mean I like Minus or am defending it, mind you, but Hanasia adds nothing meaningful to the context of Goku's life whereas Gine actually does. Goku's parents don't have to add anything, and I could have lived without ever knowing Gine existed, but I'd choose Gine any day if I had to choose between her and Hanasia.

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:10 pm

OhHiRenan wrote:What makes Goku special is that he was born into the lowest class of Saiyan culture yet still managed to surpass even the elite.
Exactly. Somehow people keep forgetting about Raditz when they use that line of argumentation.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:19 pm

That second to last panel dialogue sounds so wrong without context :D
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:11 pm

So I’m drawing a blank on this universe. Why is Bardock king again? What happened to King Vegeta?

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:15 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:So I’m drawing a blank on this universe. Why is Bardock king again? What happened to King Vegeta?
Bardock has beaten King Vegeta, because rules allow to challenge King, someone else challenged Bardock right after he beat former King Vegeta, but rules allow new King to have few ddays of rest (Yeah, we were laughing at these rules, sounded like he made them up :) )
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:32 pm

Bardock had his visions of Freeza destroying the planet like in the TV special but decided to act and so after failing to convince King Vegeta, he challenged him for the throne and won, and then the Saiyans launched a surprise attack on Freeza's ship and killed him.
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:55 pm

So hey, according to French Law, DBM can get paid. No need for Patreon!

http://www.dragonball-multiverse.com/en ... ation.html

If this means we can stop getting these specials, or at least get someone with good talent to write a special. I know I'd be happy.

Though this special's story is interesting. Prince V is supposed to be stronger than his father, I wouldn't mind seeing Vegeta vs Bardock.

dario03
Advanced Regular

Post by dario03 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:27 pm

FoolsGil wrote: Though this special's story is interesting. Prince V is supposed to be stronger than his father, I wouldn't mind seeing Vegeta vs Bardock.
I know Vegeta said he surpassed Vegeta when he was a child but was it ever established that it was before Freeza destroyed Vegeta along with most of the Saiyans? And if not in the original manga/anime then at least in DBM? Just wondering because Vegeta wasn't that old when Vegeta was killed and Vegeta blown up, so Vegeta could have surpassed Vegeta's peak strength after Vegeta's destruction but while Vegeta was still a child.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:06 am

To argue the point I like that Goku has his's father's appearance and his mother's attitude once he hit his head I don't see how Gine being gentle ruins Goku at all.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:33 pm

miguelnuva1 wrote:To argue the point I like that Goku has his's father's appearance and his mother's attitude once he hit his head I don't see how Gine being gentle ruins Goku at all.
Actually, the original explanation that Goku hit his head and changed personalities doesn't make sense with modern psychological science either. Personality changes as the result of brain damage are pretty rare, and they are the result of severe damage. A guy named Phineas Gage had a metal pipe shot through his forehead and survived, but even the personality changes that resulted from that were exaggerated. A more likely possibility for Goku is that he came out of his pod confused and furious, and the bump on the head just forced him to calm down. Retrograde amnesia (forgetting recent past events) as the result of brain trauma is also more common than personality changes.