Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Brikikoz
Beyond Newbie

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Brikikoz » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:34 am

Doctor. wrote:Piccolo Daimao seems too strong.
Piccolo Daimao + Kami = Probably around Semi-Perfect Cell level.

Majin boost = Perfect Cell level.

Would Perfect Cell be able to fight a Kai, at least for a while?

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:38 am

Doctor. wrote:Piccolo Daimao seems too strong.
Agreed. Piccolo Daimao had to be waaaaaayyyy stronger than the manga one for this result.
Brikikoz wrote:
Piccolo Daimao + Kami = Probably around Semi-Perfect Cell level.
That's not an automatic result. In the manga, Piccolo + Kami resulted in a being that strong because Piccolo had already fused with Nail and was almost as strong as a SSJ even without Kami.

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Post by Pantalones » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:18 pm

There's some logic to it, with the Majin power-up working based on the evil in your heart and then drawing out your dormant power -- Piccolo Daimao is literally pure evil (not even Freeza/Vegeta/etc. "pure evil," he's MADE OF the expelled evil from Kami), so you could say that's why he gets such a big boost from the Majin spell compared to other characters.

But yeah, I would figure this version of Daimao had to be much, much stronger than the one we knew even before the Majin boost -- I guess he's been training. Maybe he had a near-loss against some unknown fighter (his universe didn't have Goku on Earth if I'm remembering right, so... Tenshinhan maybe?) at some point that pushed him to get stronger just in case. Since he's fused with Kami, he would know about the Room of Spirit and Time and be able to train there, so maybe he's had his two year-days in there on top of just the power-up he got from fusion?

Diccolo-420
Beyond Newbie

Post by Diccolo-420 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:47 pm

We've yet to get the back story for Demon King Piccolo's universe so for now I'm ok with his boost, majin boost aside.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:59 am

Pantalones wrote:There's some logic to it, with the Majin power-up working based on the evil in your heart and then drawing out your dormant power -- Piccolo Daimao is literally pure evil (not even Freeza/Vegeta/etc. "pure evil," he's MADE OF the expelled evil from Kami), so you could say that's why he gets such a big boost from the Majin spell compared to other characters.

But yeah, I would figure this version of Daimao had to be much, much stronger than the one we knew even before the Majin boost -- I guess he's been training. Maybe he had a near-loss against some unknown fighter (his universe didn't have Goku on Earth if I'm remembering right, so... Tenshinhan maybe?) at some point that pushed him to get stronger just in case. Since he's fused with Kami, he would know about the Room of Spirit and Time and be able to train there, so maybe he's had his two year-days in there on top of just the power-up he got from fusion?
But if he's fused with Kami, he can't be just literally pure evil.
Diccolo-420 wrote:We've yet to get the back story for Demon King Piccolo's universe so for now I'm ok with his boost, majin boost aside.
I would prefer they don't do any special chapter about it. I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be satisfying, given that they almost surely come up with their special characters before actually coming up with a satisfying story for how they came to be. Better leave it for the imagination.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:36 am

rereboy wrote:Better leave it for the imagination.
Too bad they don't share this thought when doing these special chapters.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:42 am

Noah wrote:
We can just ignore the specials, so it's inconsequential.

Diccolo-420
Beyond Newbie

Post by Diccolo-420 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:20 pm

rereboy wrote:
Noah wrote:
I honestly believe the specials should air concurrently with the main story and not interrupt it as it so commonly does. That way it doesn't jar me out of what's happening but I'm also less confused.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:26 pm

Diccolo-420 wrote:
rereboy wrote:
Noah wrote:
I honestly believe the specials should air concurrently with the main story and not interrupt it as it so commonly does. That way it doesn't jar me out of what's happening but I'm also less confused.
The only point of the specials is to give something to the readers while they work on the next main chapter. If they could just release main chapters without interruptions, the specials wouldn't exist, like they didn't exist in the beginning of this fan comic. If they were released alongside the main chapters, their main purpose would be unfulfilled and we would have interruptions without anything being released.

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Post by Pantalones » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:29 am

But if he's fused with Kami, he can't be just literally pure evil.
True. At the very least, though, since Daimao was the "base" of the fusion (like Piccolo Jr. was in the Androids/Cell saga), this fused Daimao would be much, much closer to truly-pure-evil Daimao than he would be to Kami, or even to "Kamiccolo" since the Piccolo half of that fused Namekian was already pretty much completely a good guy before the fusion happened. His body before fusing was still just the congealed evil thoughts/feelings/etc. of the original Nameless Namekian that somehow took on physical form after being expelled, unlike Piccolo Jr. who hatched from an egg as a child and grew up like a normal Namekian, so now he's some bizarre mixture of pure-evil demon spawn and regular Namekian. Namekian fusion is more like an absorption in a lot of ways, so he's still mostly Daimao -- he's sort of like the Piccolo version of Super Buu, with the evil half absorbing the good half to power up.

I guess call him "three-quarters pure evil" or "almost pure evil" or something. XD

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:07 pm

Nice :) Cold better turn into that tentacle form he used fighting with Bra...
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:58 pm

You know what this moment needs? Some Mike Smith :) !

Super Namekian Theme
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:10 pm

Fionordequester wrote:You know what this moment needs? Some Mike Smith :) !

Super Namekian Theme
YES

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:08 am

coola wrote:[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Is Piccolo supposed to be that strong?
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:14 am

jeffbr92 wrote:
coola wrote:[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Is Piccolo supposed to be that strong?
Why wouldn't he be?

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:16 am

Doctor. wrote:Why wouldn't he be?
Don't know how the power scale works in this comic, but aren't Majin Fifth Form Freeza and Coola supposed to be stronger than a SSJ2? The same thing with King Cold who fought Bra? Is Piccolo stronger than that?

by Doctor.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:23 am

jeffbr92 wrote:
Don't know how the power scale works in this comic, but aren't Majin Fifth Form Freeza and Coola supposed to be stronger than a SSJ2? The same thing with King Cold who fought Bra? Is Piccolo stronger than that?
Didn't Bra only fight in base form?

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:27 am

jeffbr92 wrote:
Why would Freeza and Cooler be stronger than a SS2 if they're weaker than Super Saiyans?

I don't remember how strong Cold is supposed to be, but I seem to recall something about him being around Perfect Cell in his last form. That's perfectly achievable f r Piccolo.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:45 pm

Doctor. wrote:That's perfectly achievable f r Piccolo.
I don't know, do you think he was that strong by EoZ?

by Doctor.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:59 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:
Doctor. wrote:That's perfectly achievable f r Piccolo.
I don't know, do you think he was that strong by EoZ?
He should be at only slightly below the Cell Games Super Saiyans by the Boo arc considering he's a match for Goten and Trunks, who are themselves comparable to Gohan and Vegeta. 10 more years of training + how much of a timeskip between EoZ and GT should at least put him around perfect Cell, if not stronger.