Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Drellz26
Not-So-Newbie

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Drellz26 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:11 pm

miguelnuva1 wrote:
Drellz26 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote:
(Also, time for Vegetto to rampage? Who stops that? I know it's going to be Gogeta but please not Gogeta :/)
No way, that is the one thing I have been begging and waiting for. I want to see Bra's face when U18 Gogeta beats her Daddy and I want Vegito to make some mention of the dance being the weaker fusion only to find that Goku and Vegeta's training made Gogeta stronger.
I just want something shocking. Like the two Gohan's using the potara's. A real Ultimate Gohan would be crazy strong.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:57 am

FoolsGil wrote:
Marco Polo wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I do have to say I'm disappointed. I was really hoping to see a spectacular match worthy of Gast's time but it seems that won't be the case.
I for one think it was spectacular and a great fight. :thumbup:
All Hatchiyak is doing is screaming and firing waves of energy. I supposed I should have been more specific and was talking about Gast fighting Hatchiyak. Unless you find that spectacular, and then I'm like WTF.
The real danger of Raichi/Hatchiyak was his ability to summon the dead warriors and once that is gone, despite Hatchiyak being more powerful than the movie, he was much more manageable.

But the fight with Hatchiyak was still good in terms of strategy and intelligence. Hatchiyak's scream was effective in rendering almost all, including Gast, incapable of fighting or moving, and his beam blast was powerful enough to damage seriously Gast even with an indirect hit. That's a pretty good method of attack/strategy, that only has the flaws of being predicable and being vulnerable in the moment of transition between the scream to the attack. Gast managed to be fast enough to survive his attacks and then, thanks to his intelligence and skills, noticed the predicable nature of his actions and went for an all-out attack on precisely the only window of opportunity he had.

To me, due to what I explained, the portion of the fight with Hatchiyak was an interesting and good fight, even if short, and I'm not sure exactly what you were expecting to see, especially in so few pages. To me it certainly seems a better dynamic than just the usual punching and kicking.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:50 am

rereboy wrote:
But the fight with Hatchiyak was still good in terms of strategy and intelligence. Hatchiyak's scream was effective in rendering almost all, including Gast, incapable of fighting or moving, and his beam blast was powerful enough to damage seriously Gast even with an indirect hit. That's a pretty good method of attack/strategy, that only has the flaws of being predicable and being vulnerable in the moment of transition between the scream to the attack. Gast managed to be fast enough to survive his attacks and then, thanks to his intelligence and skills, noticed the predicable nature of his actions and went for an all-out attack on precisely the only window of opportunity he had.

To me, due to what I explained, the portion of the fight with Hatchiyak was an interesting and good fight, even if short, and I'm not sure exactly what you were expecting to see, especially in so few pages. To me it certainly seems a better dynamic than just the usual punching and kicking.
Well, a dragout beatdown is what I was hoping for. And I disagree to this being a better dynamic, you yourself state Hatchiyak's moves are predictable and have an exploit.

TheDragonBallGuy75
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheDragonBallGuy75 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:29 pm

I bloody well hope this isn't the end. Talk about anticlimatic :problem:
Though given Hatchiyak already appeared from Rachi's ashes thats unlikely. A shame really, they could have expanded on Hatchiyak's hate powers the whole fight was all flare and no substance, Gast was never in any real danger.
Someone asked me why I invest so much time into collecting Dragonball doujinshi.
I answered, "Because I don't see anyone else doing it".

My websites for all your Dragon Ball fan manga needs
http://www.dbfcscans.blogspot.com
https://twitter.com/DragonBallGuy75
https://www.facebook.com/DB-Fan-Manga-309854729705080/
https://discord.gg/qc49vtB

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:53 pm

FoolsGil wrote:
Well, a dragout beatdown is what I was hoping for.
DBM hadn't really been about slugfests that drag on for a lot of pages at all. Quite the opposite, really.
And I disagree to this being a better dynamic, you yourself state Hatchiyak's moves are predictable and have an exploit.
Once you figure them out, all strategies are predictable and can thus be countered if you have the skills to counter them.

Hatchiyak's strategy (or his way of fighting) could have been something totally different and it wouldn't matter as long as Gast figured it out and had the skills to counter it.

And that's what makes the dynamic interesting, because it becomes a matter of mental strength (to figure it out) and skill (to counter it), instead of just a matter of being stronger and faster as almost all slugfests turn out.
TheDragonBallGuy75 wrote:I bloody well hope this isn't the end. Talk about anticlimatic :problem:
Though given Hatchiyak already appeared from Rachi's ashes thats unlikely. A shame really, they could have expanded on Hatchiyak's hate powers the whole fight was all flare and no substance, Gast was never in any real danger.
Gast was reduced to tiny pieces and only survived because they weren't thorough in destroying the pieces of his body, underestimated his regeneration and then stopped paying attention to him. Gast is pretty lucky to be alive after that.

As for Hatchiyak's portion of the fight, Gast was superior but only thanks to his inteligence since an indirect attack from Hatchiyak still caused significant damage to Gast and thus a direct hit could perhaps have killed him.

TheDragonBallGuy75
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheDragonBallGuy75 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:18 pm

rereboy wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:
Well, a dragout beatdown is what I was hoping for.
DBM hadn't really been about slugfests that drag on for a lot of pages at all. Quite the opposite, really.
And I disagree to this being a better dynamic, you yourself state Hatchiyak's moves are predictable and have an exploit.
Once you figure them out, all strategies are predictable and can thus be countered if you have the skills to counter them.

Hatchiyak's strategy (or his way of fighting) could have been something totally different and it wouldn't matter as long as Gast figured it out and had the skills to counter it.

And that's what makes the dynamic interesting, because it becomes a matter of mental strength (to figure it out) and skill (to counter it), instead of just a matter of being stronger and faster as almost all slugfests turn out.
TheDragonBallGuy75 wrote:I bloody well hope this isn't the end. Talk about anticlimatic :problem:
Gast was reduced to tiny pieces and only survived because they weren't thorough in destroying the pieces of his body, underestimated his regeneration and then stopped paying attention to him. Gast is pretty lucky to be alive after that.

As for Hatchiyak's portion of the fight, Gast was superior but only thanks to his inteligence since an indirect attack from Hatchiyak still caused significant damage to Gast and thus a direct hit could perhaps have killed him.

Okay, I'll grant you that point. But it still would have been nice to see Gast use some of his magical Voodoo powers that he used on Zen Buu. I was expecting Gast to be pushed to his limits in this confrontation (and he clearly wasn't otherwise Hocus Pocus would have been on the table). Oh well, I suppose its nice to see him make use of his tactical abilities as well. Guess I'll start gearing up for the next round, and Vegetto's inevitable mental breakdown :clap:
Someone asked me why I invest so much time into collecting Dragonball doujinshi.

Rubens
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rubens » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:29 pm

Wasn't expecting to see (majin) Bardock in this page. It may suggest that Babidi's subplot is continuing.

Hatchiyak itself is bit monotonous but the match was, for me, entertaining as a whole; I think the fact that several months of 2 specials bisecting it possibly made it seem less interesting. I went back the pages and reread the fight from the beginning (skipping the specials of course) and it was a good experience (except for the whole Broly thing but eh, at least for me).
I'm back!

Lurking around here since 2014. Just an old fan who regained his passion for Dragon Ball since then.

TheDragonBallGuy75
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheDragonBallGuy75 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:15 pm

Rubens wrote:Wasn't expecting to see (majin) Bardock in this page. It may suggest that Babidi's subplot is continuing.

Hatchiyak itself is bit monotonous but the match was, for me, entertaining as a whole; I think the fact that several months of 2 specials bisecting it possibly made it seem less interesting. I went back the pages and reread the fight from the beginning (skipping the specials of course) and it was a good experience (except for the whole Broly thing but eh, at least for me).
That could be it. Also, Babidi is likely to be the force that causes Vegetto to break down, he's simply to powerful to be influenced any other way. A secondary plot has been alluded to for years now, and I for one am ready to see this tournament take a different turn.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:24 pm

I'm impressed with how this fight ended on a bittersweet note. And with Hatchiyak seemingly dead I have to say. Hatchiyak is definitely the worse character in Multiverse by far.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:49 am

Gog wrote:I'm impressed with how this fight ended on a bittersweet note.
Why wouldn't? Raichi/Hatchiyak is the embodiment of countless victims of murder and genocide and their desire for revenge. Their hatred and desire for revenge ends up making them/him a villain in the long run (more so in the movie than in DBM), but it's pretty sad regardless, and thus it's fitting that it ends on that kind of note.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:22 pm

What the matter with Bardock? Is he mind controlled?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:26 pm

rereboy wrote:
Why wouldn't? Raichi/Hatchiyak is the embodiment of countless victims of murder and genocide and their desire for revenge. Their hatred and desire for revenge ends up making them/him a villain in the long run (more so in the movie than in DBM), but it's pretty sad regardless, and thus it's fitting that it ends on that kind of note.
Raichi has been portrayed as more of a good guy (in DBM) than any other villain in the series, though.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:07 pm

Doctor. wrote:
rereboy wrote:
Raichi has been portrayed as more of a good guy (in DBM) than any other villain in the series, though.
That's true, and that's why I stated that he was more of a villain in the movie than in DBM.
Noah wrote:What the matter with Bardock? Is he mind controlled?
Babidi.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:37 pm

Right..Babidi plot is still going on, i hope it will be resolved quickly, i really dont like this little bug and i hope they will get rid of him fast, hated him in Buu saga too.
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:09 pm

rereboy wrote:Babidi.
But, it's the same Bardock who had visions of Vegetto wrecking everyone?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Drellz26
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Drellz26 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:00 pm

Gast fight ends and this thread activity goes way back up. Don't want to call him boring but maaaaaybe.

Barbadi side story will bring upon some interesting fights but he doesn't have nearly enough power to make a big impact. Unless Cell is Majin, that's the only real game changer.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:16 pm

Heh. What is that TFS Bardock said in the History of Bardock Abridged: "I should say I should have seen this coming, but that would be ironic." :lol: Bardock definitely should have seen Babidi taking folks over, including him.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:12 pm

Noah wrote:
rereboy wrote:Babidi.
But, it's the same Bardock who had visions of Vegetto wrecking everyone?
Yes, he's the only Bardock in the tournament right now. Bardock isn't exactly pure of heart so, even if he's not all that evil, he's still vulnerable to Babidi.
FoolsGil wrote:Heh. What is that TFS Bardock said in the History of Bardock Abridged: "I should say I should have seen this coming, but that would be ironic." :lol: Bardock definitely should have seen Babidi taking folks over, including him.
He can't control the visions.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:13 pm

My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:22 pm

Goku's fight against Freeza was the only match from him remotely entertaining. I've been looking forward for Master and Student to finally face off.