Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

coola
I Live Here

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by coola » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:10 pm

Insert TFS #16 quote :)
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:08 pm

I wonder if Bulma was bluffing, 17 looks dumb by threatening every scientist in the world. I like how #16 intervened that, hopefully he will knock Goku's head next.
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:34 am

"But Sixteen! Look how the artist created me like a Western Cartoon character! I need to be more than just eye candy!"

"Eighteen... Bird is the word."

Slangh
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Slangh » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:52 am

rereboy wrote:
Slangh wrote:Surely a Super Saiyan is fast enough to avoid water? This special is putting itself in the weirdest positions to achieve a certain outcome in the story.
Of all the possible problems, that's not one. The water was pushed by a force stronger than a Super Saiyan. The speed would just depend on that force.
If a planet-destroying power was used to move water, the result would have been an explosion of super-heated water due to the huge amount of energy transferred. Bulma would have been killed and the damage would have been catastrophic, but she's still alive and everything is still standing. 18 was just pushing the water outward with a force field and the result looks like a normal flood that any superhuman can dodge by jumping into the air.

Regarder
Regular

Post by Regarder » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:01 am

Slangh wrote:If a planet-destroying power was used to move water, the result would have been an explosion of super-heated water due to the huge amount of energy transferred.
Don't apply realistic physics to DB please, sir. By the same token, all of the energy explosions should be causing third degree burns to every non-superpowered human who looks at them due to the sheer amount of thermal radiation, but they don't. They don't behave like real world explosions at all in any way whatsoever, so trying to apply the reasoning that water pushed with that force would be steam (it would be plasma) isn't valid to DB's internal logic where characters can somehow avoid blowing up the planet but still hurt strong enemies because the explosions don't behave like real energy. Hell, the characters should be super-heating the air like a re-entry craft because they are clearly going many double figure machs at the very lowest, but this never happens because it's a comic and not a physics textbook.

It fits with DB's own internal logic that 18 can push water really fast, but it doesn't become steam or turn to plasma for the same reason that this has never been applied to the super speed of the characters, their punches and kicks, or the light from their ki attacks before. That should be enough.

Slangh
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Slangh » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:56 pm

Regarder wrote:
Slangh wrote:If a planet-destroying power was used to move water, the result would have been an explosion of super-heated water due to the huge amount of energy transferred.
Don't apply realistic physics to DB please, sir. By the same token, all of the energy explosions should be causing third degree burns to every non-superpowered human who looks at them due to the sheer amount of thermal radiation, but they don't. They don't behave like real world explosions at all in any way whatsoever, so trying to apply the reasoning that water pushed with that force would be steam (it would be plasma) isn't valid to DB's internal logic where characters can somehow avoid blowing up the planet but still hurt strong enemies because the explosions don't behave like real energy. Hell, the characters should be super-heating the air like a re-entry craft because they are clearly going many double figure machs at the very lowest, but this never happens because it's a comic and not a physics textbook.

It fits with DB's own internal logic that 18 can push water really fast, but it doesn't become steam or turn to plasma for the same reason that this has never been applied to the super speed of the characters, their punches and kicks, or the light from their ki attacks before. That should be enough.
I know realistic physics don't apply to DB, especially when it comes to ki attacks. My point was that the water looks like everyone could have easily dodged it except for Bulma. 18's forcefield just seems to displace the water, making it flow freely as if a dam was breached but nothing that Super Saiyans can't dodge. Maybe if the water was at least exploding outwards, with a sense of speed and power, it would have been convincing, along with some destruction in the vicinity. But nothing is destroyed, Bulma survived easily and everyone just got soaked as if they merely had a water balloon fight, so it's not convincing enough.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:26 pm

Goku probably just wasn't thinking that the water was a threat. Or he just let his guard down, as he so often does.

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Post by Pantalones » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:16 pm

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's just a case of "Goku is only smart when it comes to fighting." Superhuman Bulma would've dodged, somebody like Trunks carrying the remote probably would've dodged, but Goku had a duh moment and didn't think about keeping the remote away from the water.

So when he saw a wave coming he was just like "oh it's just water, no need to dodge that."

Regarder
Regular

Post by Regarder » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:36 am

Slangh wrote:
Regarder wrote:

I know realistic physics don't apply to DB, especially when it comes to ki attacks. My point was that the water looks like everyone could have easily dodged it except for Bulma. 18's forcefield just seems to displace the water, making it flow freely as if a dam was breached but nothing that Super Saiyans can't dodge. Maybe if the water was at least exploding outwards, with a sense of speed and power, it would have been convincing, along with some destruction in the vicinity. But nothing is destroyed, Bulma survived easily and everyone just got soaked as if they merely had a water balloon fight, so it's not convincing enough.
Fair enough. I think you can argue it doesn't look violent enough to catch everyone. Maybe Bulma could've been shielded by someone in that case.

Slangh
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Slangh » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:05 pm

Pantalones wrote:Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's just a case of "Goku is only smart when it comes to fighting." Superhuman Bulma would've dodged, somebody like Trunks carrying the remote probably would've dodged, but Goku had a duh moment and didn't think about keeping the remote away from the water.

So when he saw a wave coming he was just like "oh it's just water, no need to dodge that."
That would be a pretty stupid thing to do in a fight and somehow 18 thought Goku was going to do this?:P This thing is full of holes.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:09 pm

Part of Z Warriors:
- Wanna-be assassin (Tenshinhan)
- Son of Demon King (Piccolo)
- Planet destroyer battle loving maniac (Vegeta)

All of them tried to kill Goku, so don't worry #18, you guys fit perfectly :)
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:04 pm

Did the Lazuli of that universe get a boob job?
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:47 pm

Cetra wrote:Did the Lazuli of that universe get a boob job?
Missed the last couple of pages, have you?

But yeah. The artist certainly has an, "interesting" version of 18 going here.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:03 pm

Her shirt is wet so her breast should look bigger even without artist interpretation.

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:41 pm

miguelnuva1 wrote:Her shirt is wet so her breast should look bigger even without artist interpretation.
What lmao

GigaDrill
Beyond Newbie

Post by GigaDrill » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:59 pm

miguelnuva1 wrote:Her shirt is wet so her breast should look bigger even without artist interpretation.
Doesn't really explain Bulma, though
Not that I'm complaining about 18

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:00 pm

coola wrote:[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Uh what again? #16 main objective is to kill Son Goku, but yet he seems fine with letting everyone go? One thing is to advice 17/18 to not go kill innocent people, but their goal is to kill Goku and they not even focusing on that.

Also who #18 killed anyway? Man, this special writing is worse than the actual arc.

by Doctor.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:02 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:Uh what again? #16 main objective is to kill Son Goku, but yet he seems fine with letting everyone go? One thing is to advice 17/18 to not go kill innocent people, but their goal is to kill Goku and they not even focusing on that.
He hasn't said anything about letting them go though, or about not wanting to kill Goku. He's just trying to prevent 17 and 18 from killing other innocents, something I would see fitting with 16's nature.
Also who #18 killed anyway? Man, this special writing is worse than the actual arc.
She says 'almost killed', which would basically cover all of them from earlier in the arc, when she definitely almost did in Vegeta.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:46 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:
Also, who did #18 killed, anyway? Man, this special writing is worse than the actual arc.
I mean, I'm all for some good Multiverse special-bashing, but if we're gonna complain about sloppy writing, let's at least be cognizant of our own.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:27 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:I mean, I'm all for some good Multiverse special-bashing, but if we're gonna complain about sloppy writing, let's at least be cognizant of our own.
Thanks man, I didn't realize that the way I wrote my post was incomprehensible until your correction.

by Doctor.