Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by jeffbr92 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:23 pm

Doctor. wrote:10 more years of training + how much of a timeskip between EoZ and GT should at least put him around perfect Cell, if not stronger.
But if he got that strong why not participate in the 28th Tenkaichi Budokai? Would you say Goku and Vegeta also got stronger than Perfect Cell as common SSJs?
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:54 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:
Doctor. wrote:10 more years of training + how much of a timeskip between EoZ and GT should at least put him around perfect Cell, if not stronger.
But if he got that strong why not participate in the 28th Tenkaichi Budokai? Would you say Goku and Vegeta also got stronger than Perfect Cell as common SSJs?
Why would he enter the tournament? It's not like he can beat Mr. Boo and he probably doesn't have any interest in it to begin with.

Goku and Vegeta should be stronger than perfect Cell by the time the Boo arc rolls around, considering SS Gohan was more-or-less even with Cell and Goku and Vegeta have surpassed him.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:44 pm

Doctor. wrote:Goku and Vegeta should be stronger than perfect Cell by the time the Boo arc rolls around, considering SS Gohan was more-or-less even with Cell and Goku and Vegeta have surpassed him.
Oh I see, but they would still need SSJ to beat Namek Freeza and SSJ2 to Super Perfect Cell, right?

by Doctor.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:46 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:
Doctor. wrote:Goku and Vegeta should be stronger than perfect Cell by the time the Boo arc rolls around, considering SS Gohan was more-or-less even with Cell and Goku and Vegeta have surpassed him.
Oh I see, but they would still need SSJ to beat Namek Freeza and SSJ2 to Super Perfect Cell, right?
Going by Battle of Gods (for your first statement), yes. Not sure if Multiverse follows that powerscale though. Pretty sure the base Saiyans here are stronger than Freeza, but I may be mistaken.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:16 pm

Doctor. wrote:
jeffbr92 wrote:
Going by Battle of Gods (for your first statement), yes. Not sure if Multiverse follows that powerscale though. Pretty sure the base Saiyans here are stronger than Freeza, but I may be mistaken.
Goku felt he needed to use SS1 to beat Freeza but he's also supposed to be stronger then Gohan as an SS3 now, a Gohan who's at his Boo arc peak still.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:25 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:
Doctor. wrote:Why wouldn't he be?
Don't know how the power scale works in this comic, but aren't Majin Fifth Form Freeza and Coola supposed to be stronger than a SSJ2? The same thing with King Cold who fought Bra? Is Piccolo stronger than that?
Fifth form Freeza isn't supposed to be much stronger than fifth form Coola, who is as strong as he was in the his movie basically. It's unknown how strong the Majin power up made them, but probably not much. As for Cold, it was stated that his 4th form was around android 16's power, so I guess fifth form Cold is around second form Cell. It's also unknown how strong the Majin power up made him, but probably not much stronger. Piccolo is understandably not really struggling with Freeza and Coola but Cold might be a problem for him.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:26 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
Doctor. wrote:
jeffbr92 wrote:
Goku felt he needed to use SS1 to beat Freeza but he's also supposed to be stronger then Gohan as an SS3 now, a Gohan who's at his Boo arc peak still.
I think Multiverse functions under the logic that Boo arc SS3 Goku = Ultimate Gohan. Would explain why Goku felt he needed to use SS1, I guess.
Last edited by Doctor. on Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:27 pm

Doctor. wrote:Going by Battle of Gods (for your first statement), yes. Not sure if Multiverse follows that powerscale though. Pretty sure the base Saiyans here are stronger than Freeza, but I may be mistaken.
But, Battle of Gods is 3 years before EoZ, right? Couldn't Goku and Vegeta have trained on that period to be stronger than a 100% Namek Freeza in Base?
ekrolo2 wrote:Goku felt he needed to use SS1 to beat Freeza but he's also supposed to be stronger then Gohan as an SS3 now, a Gohan who's at his Boo arc peak still.
Why?

by Doctor.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:28 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:
Doctor. wrote:Going by Battle of Gods (for your first statement), yes. Not sure if Multiverse follows that powerscale though. Pretty sure the base Saiyans here are stronger than Freeza, but I may be mistaken.
But, Battle of Gods is 3 years before EoZ, right? Couldn't Goku and Vegeta have trained on that period to be stronger than a 100% Namek Freeza in Base?
Battle of Gods is 6 years before EoZ. You mean in regards to Multiverse? Sure, Goku was holding his own against Oob during EoZ. He should be stronger than Freeza in base by then.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:29 pm

Doctor. wrote: I think Multiverse functions under the logic that Boo arc SS3 Goku = Ultimate Gohan. Would explain why Goku felt he needed to use SS1, I guess.
I don't think it follows that logic. I don't even think they consider SSJ3 Goku stronger than Gohan right now, let alone in the Buu saga.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:30 pm

rereboy wrote:
Doctor. wrote: I think Multiverse functions under the logic that Boo arc SS3 Goku = Ultimate Gohan. Would explain why Goku felt he needed to use SS1, I guess.
I don't think it follows that logic. I don't even think they consider SSJ3 Goku stronger than Gohan right now, let alone in the Buu saga.
Gohan did say he was the weakest one participating in his group. Or was it U16 Gohan? Either way, he's saying that Gotenks is stronger than him so it's not unprecedented that some weaker fighters surpassed him.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:33 pm

Doctor. wrote:Battle of Gods is 6 years before EoZ. You mean in regards to Multiverse? Sure, Goku was holding his own against Oob during EoZ. He should be stronger than Freeza in base by then.
I meant Battle of Gods the movie, not Super. Is that still right? Ah no I meant in the original manga :D
Last edited by jeffbr92 on Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Doctor.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:35 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:
Doctor. wrote:Battle of Gods is 6 years before EoZ. You mean in regards to Multiverse? Sure, Goku was holding his own against Oob during EoZ. He should be stronger than Freeza in base by then.
I meat Battle of Gods the movie, not Super. Is that still right? Ah no I meant in the original manga :D
It's still 5-6 years before EoZ. Pan is 4 by EoZ and Videl was at the start of her pregnancy during BoG.

Again, sure, Goku was holding his own against Oob.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:40 pm

Doctor. wrote: Gohan did say he was the weakest one participating in his group. Or was it U16 Gohan? Either way, he's saying that Gotenks is stronger than him so it's not unprecedented that some weaker fighters surpassed him.
The comic did specify that he was lying, by saying "big lie", as you can see here:

I seem to recall moments in this comic where it was clear to me that Gohan must be superior to SSJ3 Goku, but I don't recall specifically which ones right now.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:49 pm

rereboy wrote:[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Though I love how badass Gohan is in this page, isn't a bit OOC?

by Doctor.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:56 pm

Doctor. wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:
Doctor. wrote: Going by Battle of Gods (for your first statement), yes. Not sure if Multiverse follows that powerscale though. Pretty sure the base Saiyans here are stronger than Freeza, but I may be mistaken.
I think Multiverse functions under the logic that Boo arc SS3 Goku = Ultimate Gohan. Would explain why Goku felt he needed to use SS1, I guess.
Doesn't make much sense for Multiverse as Goku was afraid to fight Super Boo without fusion first.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:57 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
Doctor. wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote: Goku felt he needed to use SS1 to beat Freeza but he's also supposed to be stronger then Gohan as an SS3 now, a Gohan who's at his Boo arc peak still.
Doesn't make much sense for Multiverse as Goku was afraid to fight Super Boo without fusion first.
He still managed to blow Boo to pieces from the inside.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:01 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:
rereboy wrote:[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Though I love how badass Gohan is in this page, isn't a bit OOC?
Not really. Gohan is supposed to be smart and in this segment he is not only facing his old fears (old enemies) but also trying to come up with some option beyond just fighting, which is something that Gohan seemed to care about even in the actual series (at least at some points).

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:07 pm

U16 Piccolo need to help his counterpart :) Also, that 2nd panel remind me of Piccolo vs Freeza (That clash was so awesome, i remember it caused Orange Bricks footage to tear ;)
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:17 pm

The Piccolo's should use fusion dance. Temporary power up and all they have to due is draw piccolo in a fusion vest.