Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Fionordequester » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:03 pm

Marco Polo wrote:
Fionordequester wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:True, it's fine in motion it just looks awkward there.
Really? I thought it looked pretty neat, myself.
No I agree it looks awkward, because of the lack of "manga motion lines".
Sure, but that's not a fault of her being upside down. That's down to an unrelated issue.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:23 am

Errr, THIS page on the other hand...

...Yeah...yeah that's...decidedly NOT so good. We've got "Cheeky Mouth" Piccolo on the lower right panel, we've got the obviously traced middle panel, and then we've got the lower left panel Krillin; who looks like he was suddenly drawn by an entirely different artist :eh: ...

I mean, some guy called "Salah Jeer" tried to explain it...
Salah Jeer wrote:About the artwork:

Remember that this was made a few years ago, before they reformatted the website to make the pages almost twice as large. So when the artist this, he had a much-less zoomed-in style in mind.

That's all.
But, I dunno man. Seems like the art problems on this page go deeper than that.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:22 pm

Fionordequester wrote:... we've got the obviously traced middle panel,
Traced from where?

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:38 pm

rereboy wrote:
Traced from where?
From here at 6:55 and 7:27...

And also here at 2:46 and 3:13

Granted, the middle panel isn't an EXACT 1:1 copy of those moments, but it's pretty clear the positioning of Goku and Gohan was at least copied and pasted together from all four of those sources.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:31 pm

So, they are not allowed to train in the RoSaT so they are training in the old fashioned way to defeat the Androids? Interesting, I guess.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:24 pm

#16 :D Just his house...isnt there an old couple living nearby? One that was shown during Cell Games?
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:20 pm

That doesn't make a frickin' sense, #16 main goal is to kill Son Goku himself and he would push #17 aside for taking part of his primary objective.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:37 pm

Noah wrote:That doesn't make a frickin' sense, #16 main goal is to kill Son Goku himself and he would push #17 aside for taking part of his primary objective.
I disagree. 16 has shown plenty of times he is more than a thoughtless machine. As long as Goku dies, 16 doesn't care who end him.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:52 pm

FoolsGil wrote:I disagree. 16 has shown plenty of times he is more than a thoughtless machine. As long as Goku dies, 16 doesn't care who end him.
That's a mere assumption of yours, neither 17 and 18 cared much about killing Goku until 16 mentioned moments after being actived. He didn't show desire to fight Vegeta and anyone else that came to cross their way. 17 knowing that, would just let 16 take part of the action and the latter would just offer himself to do it anyway.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:35 pm

Fionordequester wrote:
rereboy wrote:
Traced from where?
From here at 6:55 and 7:27...

And also here at 2:46 and 3:13

Granted, the middle panel isn't an EXACT 1:1 copy of those moments, but it's pretty clear the positioning of Goku and Gohan was at least copied and pasted together from all four of those sources.
That's not tracing. That's just using the same characteristic poses. Tracing involves actually copying the drawing lines with some artificial means. Drawing a characteristic pose by yourself might not very original but it's not tracing.
Noah wrote:That doesn't make a frickin' sense, #16 main goal is to kill Son Goku himself and he would push #17 aside for taking part of his primary objective.
Just like he attacked Goku in the Cell games?

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:38 pm

Noah wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I disagree. 16 has shown plenty of times he is more than a thoughtless machine. As long as Goku dies, 16 doesn't care who end him.
That's a mere assumption of yours, neither 17 and 18 cared much about killing Goku until 16 mentioned moments after being actived. He didn't show desire to fight Vegeta and anyone else that came to cross their way. 17 knowing that, would just let 16 take part of the action and the latter would just offer himself to do it anyway.
And yet Android 16 has the same love for life and nature like the other protagonists, fought Cell though he wasn't Goku all to protect 17 and 18,, foregone fighting Goku by the time the Cell Games came around, and finally gave Gohan the talking to he needed to become Super Saiyan 2. none of those are part of 16 parameters. You may disagree, but my assumptions have weight from known history.

His endless talk about killing Goku < all the actions he did that had nothing to do with killing Goku. So at least to me, him politely waiting in the rafters is something 16 will do, instead of suddenly throwing away every known characterization to achieve his objective.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:13 pm

rereboy wrote:Just like he attacked Goku in the Cell games?
These were different moments and he still expressed desire to kill him anyway, but didn't do it knowing that wouldn't acomplish nothing since they had a common enemy.

FoolsGil wrote:And yet Android 16 has the same love for life and nature like the other protagonists, fought Cell though he wasn't Goku all to protect 17 and 18,, foregone fighting Goku by the time the Cell Games came around, and finally gave Gohan the talking to he needed to become Super Saiyan 2. none of those are part of 16 parameters. You may disagree, but my assumptions have weight from known history. His endless talk about killing Goku < all the actions he did that had nothing to do with killing Goku. So at least to me, him politely waiting in the rafters is something 16 will do, instead of suddenly throwing away every known characterization to achieve his objective.
Just like I said in the post above: no matter if he has love for the planet, the living creatures and cared about 17 and 18 it doesn't change the fact he was programed with the main objective of killing Son Goku and expressed that when they met for the first time.

I never said #16 was a thoughtless machine or anything like that, but if he had met Goku in the Kame House e.g, he would be willling to take part of the action and his mates would not cross his way, but yes let him do it. Seeing him passively watching 17 doing it first, don't feel much like in-character to me.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:17 am

Noah wrote:These were different moments and he still expressed desire to kill him anyway, but didn't do it knowing that wouldn't acomplish nothing since they had a common enemy.
And here #16 still expressed desire to kill Goku but he hasn't done anything so far because #17 is already trying to kill Goku since Goku is a common enemy. #16 was never in a hurry to kill Goku in the original manga, nor did he ever state having a problem with others doing it instead of him.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:07 am

rereboy wrote:And here #16 still expressed desire to kill Goku but he hasn't done anything so far because #17 is already trying to kill Goku since Goku is a common enemy. #16 was never in a hurry to kill Goku in the original manga, nor did he ever state having a problem with others doing it instead of him.
We all know here you tend to defend Multiverse a lot, but this is getting ridiculous, sorry. First off #17 knowing that #16 cares more about killing the man than him, would just offer his place for #16 to do it anyway, if not #16 would just express his desire to take part of the action.

Chapter: 176, Page 15
Context: Cell defeated Piccolo and is about to absorb No.17
No.16: “The time has come for to fight... Before I meet Son Goku...”

Meaning the only hypothesis #16 saw himself fighting was with Goku, but Cell pushed him to do it, and if he had met Goku before Piccolo and Cell, he would be willing to do it.

#16 was never in a hurry to kill Goku because in the Cell Games were a completely different situation and he was well aware of that, the point is:
I don't believe #17 would take the lead if they met Goku early, but yes offer #16 to do it and if not the latter would step into the battle anyway. It's his primary objective, the reason of his existence right in front of his face, so he would be the first to fight Goku.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

supersaiyanZero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by supersaiyanZero » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:00 pm

I don't get your logic - 16 could have easily flown to Goku's location or tracked the other Z fighters in an attempt to get to Goku. Instead, he took the car ride. It says something about his "primary objective".

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:29 pm

Noah wrote:
We all know here you tend to defend Multiverse a lot, but this is getting ridiculous, sorry.
Yeah, right... That's exactly it... It couldn't just be that what you are saying doesn't make much sense, it's me that is "defending" :roll:. What's up with people nowadays always accusing others of being "defenders" just because they disagree? What sort of argument is that? :|
First off #17 knowing that #16 cares more about killing the man than him, would just offer his place for #16 to do it anyway, if not #16 would just express his desire to take part of the action.
Oh, you mean like #17 took what #16 wanted or didn't want in consideration when he had them all moving in cars because he thought it was fun, while #16, who is programmed to kill Goku, had no problem at all with such a waste of time, nor did he ever state that he had to be the one to kill Goku when #17 suggested they went after Goku?
Chapter: 176, Page 15
Context: Cell defeated Piccolo and is about to absorb No.17
No.16: “The time has come for to fight... Before I meet Son Goku...”

Meaning the only hypothesis #16 saw himself fighting was with Goku, but Cell pushed him to do it, and if he had met Goku before Piccolo and Cell, he would be willing to do it.
All that means is that #16 was perfectly willing to fight Cell, just like he was willing to fight Goku.
#16 was never in a hurry to kill Goku because in the Cell Games were a completely different situation and he was well aware of that, the point is:
I don't believe #17 would take the lead if they met Goku early, but yes offer #16 to do it and if not the latter would step into the battle anyway. It's his primary objective, the reason of his existence right in front of his face, so he would be the first to fight Goku.
It's very obvious to me that everything you are saying is just what you somehow believe.
supersaiyanZero wrote:
I don't get your logic - 16 could have easily flown to Goku's location or tracked the other Z fighters in an attempt to get to Goku. Instead, he took the car ride. It says something about his "primary objective".
Exactly.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:19 pm

supersaiyanZero wrote:I don't get your logic - 16 could have easily flown to Goku's location or tracked the other Z fighters in an attempt to get to Goku. Instead, he took the car ride. It says something about his "primary objective".
'My logic' is not about the means used to track Goku, but yes that neither #17 or #18 cared much about killing him than #16, so he would be the first to fight him anyway.

rereboy wrote:Yeah, right... That's exactly it... It couldn't just be that what you are saying doesn't make much sense, it's me that is "defending" :roll:. What's up with people nowadays always accusing others of being "defenders" just because they disagree? What sort of argument is that? :|

Sorry, but that's what it is, mate. You usually have good points to defend this fan work from exaggerated criticism, but that's not one of those. So don't blame people for thinking you're might being biased.
Oh, you mean like #17 took what #16 wanted or didn't want in consideration when he had them all moving in cars because he thought it was fun, while #16, who is programmed to kill Goku, had no problem at all with such a waste of time, nor did he ever state that he had to be the one to kill Goku when #17 suggested they went after Goku?

Like I said to the post above yours it's not like they were just sh*ting around, they could eventually find Goku and #16 would take the lead since #17 didn't even expressed his desire to kill Goku by himself. #16 didn't stated he wanted to be the one, but it's implied he would. He didn't want to fight Vegeta, nor the humans, Piccolo and Cell before proving to be a threat. He only saw himself fighting with Goku.
All that means is that #16 was perfectly willing to fight Cell, just like he was willing to fight Goku.

It actually means the only reason #16 were about to fight Cell is because he proved to be a threat not only to his friends but for the living world and you said yourself "willing to fight Goku" also meaning that if he had meet him before, he would express his desire to fight him first.
It's very obvious to me that everything you are saying is just what you somehow believe.
As sometimes I think what you say here is because somehow you're paid to defend Multiverse with your teeth.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:00 pm

Noah wrote:
Sorry, but that's what it is, mate. You usually have good points to defend this fan work from exaggerated criticism, but that's not one of those. So don't blame people for thinking you're might being biased.
The points I brought up regarding this discussion were also good, logical and based on the original manga.

Instead of going off accusing people of being "biased", you would do better to note that I wasn't even the only one to disagree with you.

You are accusing people of being "biased" instead of having actual arguments to support your view because you are not enjoying seeing people disagreeing with you.

Like I said to the post above yours it's not like they were just sh*ting around, they could eventually find Goku and #16 would take the lead since #17 didn't even expressed his desire to kill Goku by himself. #16 didn't stated he wanted to be the one, but it's implied he would. He didn't want to fight Vegeta, nor the humans, Piccolo and Cell before proving to be a threat. He only saw himself fighting with Goku.

What you say makes no sense. If #16 behaved how you seem to believe, he would have a problem with #17 wasting time and he would be sure to state to the others that he wanted to be the one to fight Goku when they decided to find him. In the same manner, if #17 behaved as you suggest, he would take into consideration #16 when he decided for himself to go by car, but he, very obviously, was only thinking about what he wanted, not the others, even ignoring #18's complaints.

It actually means the only reason #16 were about to fight Cell is because he proved to be a threat not only to his friends but for the living world and you said yourself "willing to fight Goku" also meaning that if he had meet him before, he would express his desire to fight him first.
There's a difference between being willing to fight Goku and kill him because that's part of his programming, and being obsessed with Goku, to the point that he has to be the one to kill him and he can't waste any time until he does it. #16 is the first case, not the second, and the line you quoted doesn't mean anything beyond the first case.

As sometimes I think what you say here is because somehow you're paid to defend Multiverse with your teeth.
Continue your accusations, please. Perhaps with repetition, they will start to resemble an actual argument.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:52 pm

rereboy wrote:The points I brought up regarding this discussion were also good, logical and based on the original manga. Instead of going off accusing people of being "biased", you would do better to note that I wasn't even the only one to disagree with you. You are accusing people of being "biased" instead of having actual arguments to support your view because you are not enjoying seeing people disagreeing with you.
Pardon, but bringing up more people who share opinions similar to yours don't make you're right either. I'm not acusing people, but you, since we all know here you tend to do that a lot in this thread, mate. Like I said before, sometimes you have valuable opinions and thoughts, but other times it just seems like you're just pushing yourself too hard to defend this fan work.
What you say makes no sense. If #16 behaved how you seem to believe, he would have a problem with #17 wasting time and he would be sure to state to the others that he wanted to be the one to fight Goku when they decided to find him. In the same manner, if #17 behaved as you suggest, he would take into consideration #16 when he decided for himself to go by car, but he, very obviously, was only thinking about what he wanted, not the others, even ignoring #18's complaints.
Nope, cause one thing has nothing to do with the another, their means would get them close to Goku either way, he being passive towards #17 methods don't mean he also would be the time they would face Goku. Also he don't need to state something that is implied: he didn't want to fight anyone else but Goku, so is plausible to think he would take the lead, just like he said would fight Cell no matter #18 warning him.
There's a difference between being willing to fight Goku and kill him because that's part of his programming, and being obsessed with Goku, to the point that he has to be the one to kill him and he can't waste any time until he does it. #16 is the first case, not the second, and the line you quoted doesn't mean anything beyond the first case.
Yes it means. Sorry, but at the same time we saw #16 all confident going after Cell besides being implied he would only take part of action when he met Goku, nothing suggests he would not have the same attitude if the androids had the opportunity to meet him before.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:27 pm

Noah wrote:
Pardon, but bringing up more people who share opinions similar to yours don't make you're right either.
Of course not, but I would think that at least noticing the fact that all the other people that bothered to comment and said basically the same thing as me, disagreing with you, would make you realize that, at the very least, it's not a biased view at all, regardless of whether you think you are right on this issue and regardless of what you think I usually do or not.

But apparently not even that makes you realize how off mark you are regarding what you are saying. So accuse me of whatever you like... You'll just continue to be off mark about me, even if you don't realize it, as are most people who resort to that sort of accusations.

As for the rest of what you said regarding the issue, I've already commented why it doesn't make sense. No point in repeating it. You are off mark in that also.