Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by dbgtFO » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:22 am

nitwit wrote:
Brikikoz wrote:Linked cover:

https://i.imgur.com/EoSUGp1.jpg
Isn't that Mary Sue? Why is she in the picture right next to the tough fighters?
That's possibly a reference to a similar pose with a similar aura Monaka assumed in DB Super promotional material, before it was revealed he was a weakling.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:47 pm

What material ws used to build these doors? Mahogany? ;)
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:55 pm

That's some Bob Clampett Tex Avery stuff right there! :D

nitwit

Post by nitwit » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:49 am

dbgtFO wrote:
nitwit wrote:
Brikikoz wrote:Linked cover:

https://i.imgur.com/EoSUGp1.jpg
Isn't that Mary Sue? Why is she in the picture right next to the tough fighters?
That's possibly a reference to a similar pose with a similar aura Monaka assumed in DB Super promotional material, before it was revealed he was a weakling.
Ah! I see. :clap:

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:18 pm

Bye Tien :) Sadly, starting next wednesday, we will get two chapter of Universe 3 Boredock :(
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:04 pm

Man, if that Cell Junior rips Tien head off... I'll be sure that Salagir has a very different interpretation of what DB is.
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:09 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:Man, if that Cell Junior rips Tien head off... I'll be sure that Salagir has a very different interpretation of what DB is.
Well,.we already had pretty góry stuff, like most specials, Cell ripping his head off, making Hirudegan exploding with blood and guts everywhere, cutting Freeza and Coola into pieces, and so on, this series can be very graphic.
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:24 pm

coola wrote:Well,.we already had pretty góry stuff, like most specials, Cell ripping his head off, making Hirudegan exploding with blood and guts everywhere, cutting Freeza and Coola into pieces, and so on, this series can be very graphic.
Yes and although the original manga had some bits of gory I don't believe Toriyama would ever think in showing one of the good guys being decapited

by Doctor.

Regarder
Regular

Post by Regarder » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:07 pm

Maybe not, but Toriyama would definitely show one of the good guys getting an energy beam (Goku by Piccolo's doing on two separate occasions) or a horn or a knifehand bloodily straight through his chest (Kuririn against Frieza, Yamcha against Android 20), so it's not too far off. Decapitation is probably too disrespectful to the characters less so than too gory for Toriyama.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:13 am

I know both Salagir and Asura have lives outside of DBM but it seems like we've been getting specials a lot more often lately.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:23 am

Really well drawn page, Ten captured well, complimenting the team but kinda of low key sad about the violence with the solemn nod and eyes shut.

So they wrote the idea quite well, remember you can't sense power outside the apartments so by suddenly appearing through the door it's totally possible for Cell Jr to get the drop on Ten without Ten looking stupid, to say nothing if the power gap allowing a speed blitz anyway. (contrast to Goku and Kuririn idiot moments in Super) achieves the same thing but characters not disrespected.

The only flaw is that Ten is really far away from the door in the first panel and the Jr has stubby arms, he shouldn't be able to reach him like that.

I guess the writer didn't interfere enough with the panel composition and the artist didn't notice either. Or considered it not worth redrawing. It's a small thing and I don't normal whinge about that stuff but when you look back you can't unsee it.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:19 pm

Ah I messed up. There was a comical jump cut where Kuririn or possibly all of them owned sauza off panel.

Ten throws the bodies out, is standing in the corridor, but then walks back inside before being attacked by Jr.

I really hope it's the karate chop to the back of the neck knocking you unconscious thing not getting gibbed.

To see an og dragon team person decapitated would be horrible.... :( but power difference wise, with no kaioken aura Ten probably should be brutalised here. Perhaps Yamcha grabs his hand....

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:13 pm

TobyS wrote:Ah I messed up. There was a comical jump cut where Kuririn or possibly all of them owned sauza off panel.

Ten throws the bodies out, is standing in the corridor, but then walks back inside before being attacked by Jr.

I really hope it's the karate chop to the back of the neck knocking you unconscious thing not getting gibbed.

To see an og dragon team person decapitated would be horrible.... :( but power difference wise, with no kaioken aura Ten probably should be brutalised here. Perhaps Yamcha grabs his hand....
This is the same fanmanga where, in an earlier chapter, Pan (though I know she's not exactly popular) was brutally strangled to death/neck broken in her match.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:04 am

Jackalope89 wrote:
TobyS wrote:Ah I messed up. There was a comical jump cut where Kuririn or possibly all of them owned sauza off panel.

This is the same fanmanga where, in an earlier chapter, Pan (though I know she's not exactly popular) was brutally strangled to death/neck broken in her match.
I get what you are saying but I think a broken neck isn't as bad as a cut off/exploded human head.

Gohan got his neck broke by Reccome. Think maybe Kuririn did once or twice.

I think Pan was done to show Bojacks cruelty/stakes of tournaments/Bra's revenge and self control vs zangya mini arc/Gohan not being a karate psycho bug respecting Pans choice to be one like her dad and his friends despite that risk/U18 Pans resolve being challenged etc etc.

Only really the specials seem too much but those are supposed to be “bad endings” so it is more allowable IMO...

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:30 pm

Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:48 pm

Ah, so the local ditz of the fanmanga.

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:02 pm

In the first and especially the second panel it looks like she's wearing a bra under her pajamas

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:43 pm

Ah...it's not every day you see someone who gets ready for bed by putting clothes on :lol: !
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:30 pm

coola wrote:[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
She kinda reminds me of Demon Girl game lol

by Doctor.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:48 pm