Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Fionordequester » Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:34 am

Noah wrote:So WTF with Trunks hair, it is a new transformation? Half SSJ half Base?
To be fair, this wouldn't be the FIRST time in recent history that DB writers have given Trunks some weirdo "hybrid" form; with no build-up or explanation as to what the heck it was :lolno: .
Noah wrote:And I can't believe they are about to blast a woman on their knees lol
...Dude. I know you're probably not going to fully appreciate this next statement; not unless you've actually been in a "life-or-death" situation yourself. But right now, Android #18 is not a woman. She is not a person. She is not even a human being...

She is a threat. Or at least, that's the mindset the Z Warriors are going to be in for as long as they and their friends' lives are in immediate danger. If you are ever caught in a situation where someone is trying to kill you or your loved ones, your normal inhibitions are going to turn off. It won't be because you're a bad person, or because you hate your assailant, or because you don't love human life...no. They're going to turn off because they're going to die if they don't. It's that simple.

It's a harsh mindsight; and it's one that CAN be avoided IF you're significantly stronger than your opponent (like Krillin is with the criminals he fights as a cop). But that's not something that applies to a lot of folks; and that's why precisely why no country should be going around invading people, nor should any person be going around threatening people; like #16-#18 currently are. Otherwise, that's the sort of situation that soldiers are forced into.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:50 am

Sure, I didn't mean literally. I know they're fighting to live, but I don't know probably because I couldn't picture in a DB comic 18 being blasted in that position lol
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:45 pm

Noah wrote:Sure, I didn't mean literally. I know they're fighting to live, but I don't know probably because I couldn't picture in a DB comic 18 being blasted in that position lol
Ah, I gotcha. Spopovich was one thing, but I guess it's different when it's the heroes, huh :P ?
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:27 am

In a couple of months this fanfic will have been running longer than the original manga.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:43 am

Fionordequester wrote:
Noah wrote:Sure, I didn't mean literally. I know they're fighting to live, but I don't know probably because I couldn't picture in a DB comic 18 being blasted in that position lol
Ah, I gotcha. Spopovich was one thing, but I guess it's different when it's the heroes, huh :P ?
Spopovich?
Surely you mean Recoome, if we are talking about death positions.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:44 am

TheUltimateNinja wrote:In a couple of months this fanfic will have been running longer than the original manga.
Not that impressive when it's just 3 pages per week at best.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:01 am

rereboy wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote:In a couple of months this fanfic will have been running longer than the original manga.
Usually most people give up in a few years.

Brikikoz
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brikikoz » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:05 am

rereboy wrote:
Doing art for free for years takes willpower and dedication, regardless of the spaced out release schedule.

It's very impressive.

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:39 am

I agree. It`s nothing to sneeze at. "just three pages a week" is underselling the work behind the writting, linework and inking process.

Like with any sort of creative endeavour if it was easy we`d be all doing our own fics at least.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:06 pm

My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

jplaya2023
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by jplaya2023 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:20 pm

although i think 18 should be able to use the barrier we don't have solid proof so it's an asspull i guess.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:03 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote:
rereboy wrote:
Usually most people give up in a few years.
Brikikoz wrote:
rereboy wrote:
Doing art for free for years takes willpower and dedication, regardless of the spaced out release schedule.

It's very impressive.
Ok, it's impressive that they stuck with the project for this long, but the amount of work they did they did isn't that impressive (32 main chapters of 20 something pages and a bunch of special chapters mostly done by other people, in almost 10 years).

Regardless, we should not forget that the bulk of the work belongs to the one that draws, and the first main artist actually didn't stick around and had to be replaced (Gogeta Jr stayed until 2012, I believe, a couple of main chapters were drawn by one-off artists, and then Asura came on board on 2013. So around 4 years to the first main artist and another around 4 years for the current main artist).
Olympian wrote:
Like with any sort of creative endeavour if it was easy we`d be all doing our own fics at least.
I would argue that's more a question of having the time and enjoying or being driven to do it than rather how easy or difficult it is.

Notice that there's no need to produce a masterpiece of a fic, anyone that has the time and is sufficiently driven and/or enjoys doing it enough can do a fic, whether it's actually good or not it's a completely separate question.

What's impressive about DBM is its quality for a amateur project and, indeed, the fact that they stuck with it for so long. The amount of work (32 main chapters of 20 something pages and a bunch of special chapters mostly done by other people, in almost 10 years) isn't that impressive, though.
Last edited by rereboy on Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:34 pm

jplaya2023 wrote:although i think 18 should be able to use the barrier we don't have solid proof so it's an asspull i guess.
18 uses the barrier all the time in the video games.

jplaya2023
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by jplaya2023 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:44 pm

Marco Polo wrote:
jplaya2023 wrote:although i think 18 should be able to use the barrier we don't have solid proof so it's an asspull i guess.
that's non canon

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:15 pm

jplaya2023 wrote:
Marco Polo wrote:
that's non canon
And this fanmanga is...?

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:58 am

rereboy wrote: Ok, it's impressive that they stuck with the project for this long, but the amount of work they did they did isn't that impressive (32 main chapters of 20 something pages and a bunch of special chapters mostly done by other people, in almost 10 years).
Oh wow, that's only 3 chapters per year. No wonder this 64 fighter tournament is taking so long despite the many forfeits and stomp fights.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:05 pm

Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:20 pm

So Gohan is about to turn SSJ and help his father or Bulma will save the day? Questions for later
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:36 pm

I guess this is when Goku says, "No thanks, I'll handle this." And goes Grade 2.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:07 pm

Well, that was anticlimctic, oh well, should get used to it already, back to actual story :)
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek: