Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

jcogginsa
Advanced Regular

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by jcogginsa » Sat May 12, 2018 8:02 pm

FoolsGil wrote:
jcogginsa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:Oh look, more TFS inspired goofiness with Goku and Vegetto. Yay...Hilarious...
They actually mentioned this very page on their stream today
Oh yeah? Were they amused or annoyed?
Surprised this was still going

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Sat May 12, 2018 8:43 pm

jcogginsa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:
jcogginsa wrote: They actually mentioned this very page on their stream today
Oh yeah? Were they amused or annoyed?
Surprised this was still going
I've seen fanfics from like 2003 get randomly updated. Others, from about 2007 get steadily updated about twice a year.

Some authors simply have that will to keep a story ongoing.

Then you have authors suddenly stop a story after a couple of chapters, or about in the middle, when you've gotten invested. And they either start on a dozen other stories, or seemingly fall off the face of the earth.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Sun May 13, 2018 2:11 pm

If it won't went through Gohan, that's BS.
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

OhHiRenan
Beyond Newbie

Post by OhHiRenan » Sun May 13, 2018 2:15 pm

Damn, Gohan just tanked that.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Sun May 13, 2018 5:50 pm

There's a good chance he's blocking it with his unseen left hand.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Mon May 14, 2018 3:34 pm

Saiga wrote:There's a good chance he's blocking it with his unseen left hand.
Or his chest

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Mon May 14, 2018 4:00 pm

Maybe he is blocking it with his life.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Regarder
Regular

Post by Regarder » Tue May 15, 2018 3:51 pm

It's possible he removed his unseen shoe and is using that to contain the blast.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Tue May 15, 2018 4:30 pm

It's possible he's hiding senzu beans and is using that to stop the attack.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Tue May 15, 2018 6:25 pm

FoolsGil wrote:It's possible he's hiding senzu beans and is using that to stop the attack.
Come on, now that's just bad writing.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Wed May 16, 2018 3:21 pm

I...don't think Makankosappo can be nullified that way, but ok :) Funny, last chapter we had Piccolo using badass cage Makankosappo, and now we have this :)
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Wed May 16, 2018 3:58 pm

coola wrote:I...don't think Makankosappo can be nullified that way, but ok :) Funny, last chapter we had Piccolo using badass cage Makankosappo, and now we have this :)
I don't see why not? If Cell can tank a Kienzan I don't see why someone couldn't tank a Makankosappo.

Anyway, Cell vs one-handed Gohan, it's just like in the good old days 8)

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Wed May 16, 2018 4:20 pm

Cell tanking Kienzan was BS filler, and i heard manga was base for DB Multiverse?
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Wed May 16, 2018 4:26 pm

coola wrote:Cell tanking Kienzan was BS filler, and i heard manga was base for DB Multiverse?
DB Multiverse is not canon.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Wed May 16, 2018 4:29 pm

coola wrote:Cell tanking Kienzan was BS filler, and i heard manga was base for DB Multiverse?
So Toei's anime rules, you know, the guys who actually have the rights to publish the animated series for Dragon Ball, are worth less than made-up fan stuff such as the likes of "A LV0 Kienzan can under all circumstances kill Jiren himself"?
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Wed May 16, 2018 4:36 pm

Cetra wrote:
So Toei's anime rules, you know, the guys who actually have the rights to publish the animated series for Dragon Ball, are worth less than made-up fan stuff such as the likes of "A LV0 Kienzan can under all circumstances kill Jiren himself"?
Considering anime Toei made have quite few contradictions and retcons, i would say their rules are less believable than original manga :)
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Wed May 16, 2018 4:40 pm

coola wrote: Considering anime Toei made have quite few contradictions and retcons, i would say their rules are less believable than original manga :)
Not only did Toei never introduce a plot hole that is worse than Cell having to be dead by his own cellular rules, the manga never actually said that under all circumstances Kienzan is so powerful that it is definitely going to kill. Imagine the characters only focussing on immobilizing the enemy so they only need to Kienzan him. So the anime never actually contradicted anything. Kienzan is a powerful move that can be dangerous. But it was never established as definite OHK.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Wed May 16, 2018 4:49 pm

Cetra wrote:
coola wrote: Considering anime Toei made have quite few contradictions and retcons, i would say their rules are less believable than original manga :)
Not only did Toei never introduce a plot hole that is worse than Cell having to be dead by his own cellular rules, the manga never actually said that under all circumstances Kienzan is so powerful that it is definitely going to kill. Imagine the characters only focussing on immobilizing the enemy so they only need to Kienzan him. So the anime never actually contradicted anything. Kienzan is a powerful move that can be dangerous. But it was never established as definite OHK.
Nappa and Freeza in 2nd form were much stronger than Kuririn, yet had to avoid Kienzan. And yes, Cell Saga was full of BS moment since start, Cell getting back was one of tchem
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Wed May 16, 2018 5:07 pm

coola wrote:
Cetra wrote:
Nappa and Freeza in 2nd form were much stronger than Kuririn, yet had to avoid Kienzan. And yes, Cell Saga was full of BS moment since start, Cell getting back was one of tchem
"Much stronger" is not the same as the difference between Cell and Kuririn. It ís really unbelievable (almost as unbelievable as you mentioning Nappa and Freeza like I was not aware of those scenes) that for absolutely no reason you think Kienzan is so imba that if you don't dodge or have regeneration you are dead, even if you are the most powerful thing in existence. And even more ironic considering Freeza can be alive even as slice of pizza so his dodging does not even need to be about being concerned to die - but that is just a little side comment of mine to end the post.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Thu May 17, 2018 1:51 am

coola wrote:
Cetra wrote:
Nappa and Frieza are at most 5 to 10x stronger than Kuririn. Cell at that point was a minimum of 50x Kuririn. Also Gohan in the cell games ranked the kienzan.