Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Brikikoz
Beyond Newbie

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Brikikoz » Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:01 pm

Fionordequester wrote:Dang...

So what do you all think? This all just a vision of Bardock explaining what happens? Did Bardock set Vegeta up as a sacrificial lamb? Or is Vegeta gonna survive somehow?
Bardock's been prepping for Raichi's attack for like 20 years.

Anyone can probably be sacrificed to prep for that.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:02 pm

My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:58 pm

Oh, geez, this is tense! I mean, during the tournament, these Ultra Wavers have been strong enough to kill a SSJ2 in one strike! Heck, on Page 326, ONE of them said "This (U20) Broly that scares you so much? With this armor I'd have destroyed him in one strike!".

Now, I know that these guys may not be on quite the same level of tech as the guys at the tournament; but if they're anywhere close to that, maybe, just MAYBE they could manage someth-
Salagir wrote:Their Ultra Waver is really not as strong as the one of the tournament, which is dozens of years later.
That won’t change much against the Legendary form anyway...
(These Ultras could use a Veronica to send the Hulkbuster...)

Gee, way to undercut the dramatic tension in your own story, Salagir :problem: ...
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:30 pm

You know, I have always been fine with inter universal crossovers (Like the Heliotes being active in more than their universe) but this isn't the way to do it, using them as a deus ex machina and harbinger of Raichi.

I don't know much about the Heliotes but we know in their dominant universe, there was a window of opportunity where they had the technology to fight back and eventually destroy Freeza, and I guess they met Broly in their universe and killed him too? Anyways, this window of opportunity should be pretty much non existent in all the other universes in the tournament, otherwise there should be more Heliotes taking part.

That said, in U3, the same window of opportunity came for the Heliotes as well, seemingly in response to the Saiyans. And even if they were the most xenophobic, nationalistic race in the cosmos, they had to understand the Saiyans would come for them eventually and it would probably be a good idea to take care of the problem now instead of later, especially when they find out Cooler was murdered by Saiyan toddler. Whether in a separate special, or in exposition and a flashback, it should have been made clear that the Saiyans and the Heliotes fought for the fate of the universe, and evil triumphed with the Heliotes wiped out utterly.

But instead, they don't do anything, and just ignore the threat for one or two decades, up to Broly and Vegeta making their fight their problem when they crash their research facility. Then and only then, they're going to fight. Now they're going to take action.

For the most part this special has been alright, but they should have went back to the drawing board on how to resolve this without Heliotes being used as they are.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:10 pm

Vegeta: "SCREW THIS, I'M OUT!!" :lol:
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:19 pm

Am i only one who thik these Heliots are worst OG characters Salagir created?
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:37 pm

coola wrote:Am i only one who thik these Heliots are worst OG characters Salagir created?
I don't understand why he couldn't just have the Tsufruians filling in that niche.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:45 pm

Doctor. wrote:
coola wrote:Am i only one who thik these Heliots are worst OG characters Salagir created?
I don't understand why he couldn't just have the Tsufruians filling in that niche.
They're kinda dead... aren't they?
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:50 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
Doctor. wrote:
That's what the multiverse concept is there for.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:55 pm

Doctor. wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:
Doctor. wrote: I don't understand why he couldn't just have the Tsufruians filling in that niche.
It makes sense for other places but I was referring to this universe specifically, they're very clearly dead besides Raichi.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:01 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
Doctor. wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote: They're kinda dead... aren't they?
It makes sense for other places but I was referring to this universe specifically, they're very clearly dead besides Raichi.
I meant for U19, their representatives could have simply just been Tsufruians instead of these donutsteels. As for this universe specifically, I think you could have probably managed to find a way around Broly without them.

OhHiRenan
Beyond Newbie

Post by OhHiRenan » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:44 pm

Doctor. wrote:
The Heliots are horrible and I can't help but tune out whenever they get focus. They are single handedly the worst part of Multiverse.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:40 pm

Why? I mean, there's a lot wrong with Multiverse but I've never had any issue with the Heloites! It's nice having SOMEONE who's strategy doesn't revolve around how high their Power Level is (which is also why I liked Raichi and Tapion)!

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:06 pm

These Heliotes look like a Saint Seiya hommage or something.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:08 am

SSJgogeto wrote:These Heliotes look like a Saint Seiya hommage or something.
I was thinking more like Green Lantern ripoffs. Rather than rings that can form powerful constructs, they have powerful sets of Saiyan armor that produce their own power.

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:55 am

That's a possibility, I think. I'm more inclined to believe they're a SS ripoff because Saint Seiya is really appreciated in France. Also their attacks can probably affect atoms and they can evolve their armors.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:44 pm

SSJgogeto wrote:That's a possibility, I think. I'm more inclined to believe they're a SS ripoff because Saint Seiya is really appreciated in France. Also their attacks can probably affect atoms and they can evolve their armors.
A Green Lantern's ring's ability is limited only by the user's willpower and imagination.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:09 pm

Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:28 pm

Big mistake :lol:

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:33 pm

The comments bring up good points...
Hanana wrote:Ah, I see. Now I get why Vegeta went with this plan. He had effectively beaten Broly already but since Broly's unique form has invincibility, something he just can't deal with in terms of power and skill alone, he's willing to compromise. This is putting himself at risk here but I can see why he made this compromise.
Spy Hippo wrote:I love the loss of his Armor here when he finally concedes that he can't beat Broly on his own.