DragonBall Z Abridged

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

coola
I Live Here

Re: DragonBall Z Abridged

Post by coola » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:04 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:Pretty good, especially with Paragus pulling a Freeza arc Vegeta. Only real thing I disliked was the VA's basically becoming the characters to trash Broly. It felt way too real and forced like "Did you know we hate Broly. Did ya get it yet? DID YA DID YA DID YA!" I found the trashing in story and character to be funnier like how can he be so cool and so stupid. Or making fun of the crying thing. This though...that was what felt like a self insert at the last moments which really left a bitter taste.
I think that "I think that's the worst" meant it's worst beating they took so far, and would rather fight previous villains again. Poor Dr. Wheelo :( The only thing i didn't like, where those sadomasochist aliens. Vegeta "I would rather be kicked into dick 1000 more times, than listen to that idiot screaming Kakarot again!" summed up my feelings after Movie 10 :D
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:05 pm

Kanassa wrote:Well, now we have a new ship. I'm so sad Trunks and Broly didn't get married! :D
I think you're missing the better ship - Oolong and that one Shimosian! :P :lol:

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:21 pm

coola wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:Pretty good, especially with Paragus pulling a Freeza arc Vegeta. Only real thing I disliked was the VA's basically becoming the characters to trash Broly. It felt way too real and forced like "Did you know we hate Broly. Did ya get it yet? DID YA DID YA DID YA!" I found the trashing in story and character to be funnier like how can he be so cool and so stupid. Or making fun of the crying thing. This though...that was what felt like a self insert at the last moments which really left a bitter taste.
I think that "I think that's the worst" meant it's worst beating they took so far, and would rather fight previous villains again. Poor Dr. Wheelo :( The only thing i didn't like, where those sadomasochist aliens. Vegeta "I would rather be kicked into dick 1000 more times, than listen to that idiot screaming Kakarot again!" summed up my feelings after Movie 10 :D
That's not what it was sounding like to me. It didn't really give off that same vibe as when Piccolo and Krillin mentioned fighting form 1/2 of Freeza. This felt more like something else.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:36 pm

His Power is Maximum!!!
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Post by dbs fanboy » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:44 pm

God damn this was hilarious, i loved every single Vegeta line and how he's like:"Wow he's so cool"
My fav moment was this little conversation between Vegeta and Brocolly:
"What's a King to a god?"
"And what's a god to a non believer?!!!!! (epic/badass piano music starts playing)
(Vegeta gets curbstomped)
"Do you believe now?"
"Aha,so cool"
:lol: :lol:
I really miss ma boy, Black :( :cry:

dbgtFO wrote:

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:02 pm

I think that your dislike for Broly/the movie showed a bit too much.

Also, you missed the chance of not going with the obvious route of "Broly acts like this because Goku cried" and coming up with an original funny reason (best option) or simply interpreting the movie like I usually do (Broly has always despised Goku because he instinctively feels like Goku is a threat that can be a problem, just like Goku found a way to disturb Broly as a baby despite being much weaker than Broly, which means that his crying works as a metaphor for all that and that justifies why the crying scene is repeated as Broly is being defeated).

Personally, I think it would be better/be funnier than just what felt like multiple times of pointing out "wow, this is very dumb". I mean, by now, in the fanbase, criticizing Broly and so and is something that is probably as overused as exaggerating his power.
Last edited by rereboy on Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:41 pm, edited 7 times in total.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:05 pm

They did great with a terrible movie, and it was pretty racist no one mentioned slug.

The divorce line was kind of depressing, I hope that's not a plot thread that's gonna continue...
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:18 pm

TobyS wrote:They did great with a terrible movie, and it was pretty racist no one mentioned slug.

The divorce line was kind of depressing, I hope that's not a plot thread that's gonna continue...
It's for the best, Goku willingly stays dead for seven years. Like an asshole.

jcogginsa
Advanced Regular

Post by jcogginsa » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:19 pm

Loved it. My only real disapointment was that you cut out the "Broly walks through the Kamehameha" scene

Deathbringer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Deathbringer » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:51 pm

rereboy wrote:I think that your dislike for Broly/the movie showed a bit too much.

Also, you missed the chance of not going with the obvious route of "Broly acts like this because Goku cried" and coming up with an original funny reason (best option) or simply interpreting the movie like I usually do (Broly has always despised Goku because he instinctively feels like Goku is a threat that can be a problem, just like Goku found a way to disturb Broly as a baby despite being much weaker than Broly, which means that his crying works as a metaphor for all that and that justifies why the crying scene is repeated as Broly is being defeated).

Personally, I think it would be better/be funnier than just what felt like multiple times of pointing out "wow, this is very dumb".
I'm not sure if filling in the gaps with their interpretations would make the actual movie better though, like if you watch the movie normally and try to make sense of it while only thinking of the movie itself then the whole thing about Broly hating Kakarrot because of him crying as a baby is...well it's just that. That's all they really say about it in the movie, so for what it's worth they're not criticising the idea of it they're just criticising that the movie doesn't explain it well enough for it to work and it ends up not making sense in the movie.
TobyS wrote: The divorce line was kind of depressing, I hope that's not a plot thread that's gonna continue...
I wonder if they'll continue it as part of their "movie canon", I mean they may as well go wild with it if it has no impact on the main series (however Korin and Yajirobe being married is definitely 100% TFS canon no question, congratulations to the happy couple!)

Anyway, I loved the movie, I love what you guys have done with Vegeta taking his out of character moments of cowering in fear and making them into moments of him struggling with Broly being so cool yet so dumb and I love the "he's devolved into only saying one word" line setting up for (wen) Second Coming

(edit - I've just realised that Broly in this kinda reminds me of Mob from Mob Psycho 100, this would have been a good track to use for his explosion of anger if you were open to using other anime OST: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRw9sLGPxuQ ) (however the sly reference to One Punch Man was also good)

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:01 pm

My favoraite part was Piccolo's entrence
"Gohan, are you okay? Can you breathe? Do you need a juicebox? DID YOU GET INTO THAT COLLEGE YOU WANTED TO GET INTO!?"
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:34 pm

I love how they reference Frieza, Cooler (well, Meta Cooler), Turles, and Slug as a possible reference to the next project (maybe).
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:55 pm

Deathbringer wrote: I'm not sure if filling in the gaps with their interpretations would make the actual movie better though, like if you watch the movie normally and try to make sense of it while only thinking of the movie itself then the whole thing about Broly hating Kakarrot because of him crying as a baby is...well it's just that. That's all they really say about it in the movie, so for what it's worth they're not criticising the idea of it they're just criticising that the movie doesn't explain it well enough for it to work and it ends up not making sense in the movie.
Imo, what I pointed out is already a perfectly logical interpretation from the actual movie, not what I would call "filling the gaps".

In any case, what I was thinking, if they went down that route would be something like this:

Paragus: "You see, Vegeta, Broly has been aware of Kakarot for a very long time... Ever since they were babies..."
Vegeta: "Okay..."
Paragus: "Kakarot's crib was right beside Broly, in fact... I remember it well, Kakarot's crying was relentless, to the point that it frequently bothered Broly..."
Vegeta: "Wait, wait, wait... He hates Kakarot because he cried a lot as a baby? He went crazy because Kakarot cried...? That is... SO DUMB! How can he be so cool and so dumb at the same time?"
Paragus: "What...? Of course not. That doesn't even make any sense!"
Vegeta: "Then what was your point, shitstain?"
Paragus: "Argh! The point I was getting at was that Broly is the legendary super saiyan. His savage instincts are on a level way beyond any other saiyan. His instincts have recognized Kakarot as a rival, as a threat, ever since he first became aware of him... No one could have imagined that Kakarot would amount to much but he has proven to be formidable by defeating Freeza... And only after Broly destroyed the South Galaxy after hearing his name for the first time in decades did I realize what must have happened... Broly's instincts had already predicted then that Goku could be a threat to Broly's supreme power and that's why he remembers his name and why he reacts so strongly to it. Broly's power is maximum and it will not tolerate challengers.
Vegeta: "Errrr... Or... He could have just be driven insane by Kakarot's crying. Ahhh! Sooooooo dumb...".
Paragus: "I already told you that that doesn't make sens..."
Vegeta: "Shut up! You are just trying to make him cooler than he already is!"
Paragus: "... He is cool...".
Vegeta: "Dumb."
Pagarus: "Cool!"
Vegeta: "Dumb!"
Last edited by rereboy on Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:06 pm

Loved the inclusion of those two awesome tracks from the Burst Limit OST in the movie.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:17 pm

Just watched it, and honestly Broly's personality was just really dry and drull, he was just inferior to all the previous villains. Broly's voice when he became the legendary super saiyian was just distracting. Besides that fantastic as usual

Deathbringer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Deathbringer » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:24 pm

rereboy wrote: Imo, what I pointed out is already a perfectly logical interpretation from the actual movie, not what I would call "filling the gaps".
So you say, but it feels more like you're just trying to fix the problems that the movie has, which is fine but it doesn't stop the movie itself from not giving a real explanation to why Broly hates Goku and the one they do give is pretty dumb (or at the very least the people writing the movie weren't being as clever or as deep as they thought they were). You've given a better reason for it but the movie itself does not, and that's what TFS were making fun of.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:55 pm

WEN BROLY 2?

Oh my god, what a great Abridged Movie! You guys did nice job! Did you touch something in part 1? Probably just my impression :think:

- I know TFS Goku is retarded but to enough to think Tao could destroy a galaxy and ask Tien that is his friend? :|

- I expected to hear that famous Broly sound effect, but I'm happy that you guys used this theme, hope to hear more often in the #CellGames :D

- Love that Vegeta figure out what many fans think about Broly (his concept is cool, but his motivations are dumb)

- I don't get it, Krillin, Roshi and Oolong fled in a small ship, how suddenly Goku teleported to a different ship with they in there? :eh:

- Love that Kamehameha scene edit, worst part of the actual movie IMO. They really made Broly so OP that he can tank a Super Kamehameha straight to his face? :x

- Didn't like much that he sticked saying 'Kakarot' for the rest of movies, probably something that you guys will keep it in the second movie, I would prefer to develop more his 'Hulk' persona instead :think:

- I could bet Goku was going to make a Breaking Bad reference! "Say My Name" too bad was not the case :lol:

- The ending song was glorious!
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

TKA
Advanced Regular

Post by TKA » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:20 pm

Episode was great, especially the second half. Would watch again.
rereboy wrote:I think that your dislike for Broly/the movie showed a bit too much.

Personally, I think it would be better/be funnier than just what felt like multiple times of pointing out "wow, this is very dumb". I mean, by now, in the fanbase, criticizing Broly and so and is something that is probably as overused as exaggerating his power.
I don't think it's TFS' prerogative to fix Toei's inept writing.
The Creatives who inspire me: Akira Toriyama, George Lucas, Chris Nolan, J. R. R. Tolkien and Zack Snyder

http://i.imgur.com/XAnj7Yi.jpg

You saw Batman v Superman? Is it the Ultimate Edition? No? Then you haven't seen Batman v Superman. Also, the Snyder Cut is the greatest, non-deconstructionist ensemble comic book film ever made.

Kerunou

Post by Kerunou » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:21 am

I enjoyed this a lot. Made the most of a subpar character/movie, while also putting a bit of a mirror up to the general fan base and/or fans of Broly in particular. Very tongue in cheek. Also plenty of allusions to previous and future DBZ Abridged canon that makes me really look forward to what they're going to do with the cell games and moving forward.

DanielSSJ
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DanielSSJ » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:34 am

I gotta say that I loved the "He's so cool but so dumb" bit from Vegeta. Everything else was exemplary as well, though the divorce joke at the end was a little depressing for my tastes.
My Official Unofficial Battle Power list (in-progress: updated 11/8/2022—FREEZA ARC COMPLETED)