DragonBall Z Abridged

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Re: DragonBall Z Abridged

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:47 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:Oh shit forgot about Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans. Is that still going to be done? Cause it takes place before the Cell Games I believe in it's own continuity thing...but the Cell games have already started...
I think the original plan was for it to be the Christmas Special, but.... Kaiser had computer issues.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:04 am

ShadowBardock89 wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:Oh shit forgot about Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans. Is that still going to be done? Cause it takes place before the Cell Games I believe in it's own continuity thing...but the Cell games have already started...
I think the original plan was for it to be the Christmas Special, but.... Kaiser had computer issues.
I don't think they give a fig about releasing movies in their proper "time frame", don't you remember Super Android 13 was released sometime after Episode 50 that Vegeta was stomping Semi Perfect Cell?

I remember Kaiser saying that PTETS will have something related to Christmas but I don't remember him saying that would be indeed a Christmas Special :think:

Anyway you guys think we might expect this Season finale, PTETS and Bojack Unbound in this same year? :D
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:13 pm

Don't forget Dragon Ball Z Kai Abridged ep.3. XD

Danfun64
Advanced Regular

Post by Danfun64 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:58 pm

FoolsGil wrote:
NintendoBlaze53 wrote:The wish at the end of the Arc to revive everyone killed by Cell? My guess is they're bring him back to life with that and he'll be praised as some kind of Jesus, coming back from the dead to defeat Cell. Making him less of a superstar and more of a Messiah in the Abridged.
I could see that happening, though religious undertones could possibly tick off some folks.
As if said folks would watch DBZ Abridged in the first place.
Robo4900 wrote:Mouse is BRILLIANT SCIENTIST dumb.
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:26 am

Danfun64 wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:
NintendoBlaze53 wrote:The wish at the end of the Arc to revive everyone killed by Cell? My guess is they're bring him back to life with that and he'll be praised as some kind of Jesus, coming back from the dead to defeat Cell. Making him less of a superstar and more of a Messiah in the Abridged.
I could see that happening, though religious undertones could possibly tick off some folks.
Never make generalizations. Not a good look. People from all stripes watch TFS, which in turn surprises them at times.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:53 am

Hundreds of thousands of people, if not millions, come back from the dead at the end of Cell arc. It doesn't make sense to think that Mr. Satan is special just because he also did it.

In the series, not only did Mr. Satan apparently defeat Cell, but all those people came back to life after he defeated Cell, which means that he basically raised all those people from the dead... Which is probably more impressive than being just one of those people.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:12 pm

BlazingBarrrager wrote:Don't forget Dragon Ball Z Kai Abridged ep.3. XD
Nah, I think that would be a lot of work to them in just one year lol

Kai Abridged 2 was released 2 years after the end of Season 2, I can see the same happening in the eventual Episode 3.
rereboy wrote:In the series, not only did Mr. Satan apparently defeat Cell, but all those people came back to life after he defeated Cell, which means that he basically raised all those people from the dead... Which is probably more impressive than being just one of those people.
What? Sorry but I don't think I get your point, don't remember people prasing Mr. Satan for the ones revived in the Cell arc and I don't how they will do in Abridged to keep his fame intact as I don't remember if the manga showed Satan being smacked by Cell in that large screen.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:20 pm

Noah wrote:
What? Sorry but I don't think I get your point, don't remember people prasing Mr. Satan for the ones revived in the Cell arc and I don't how they will do in Abridged to keep his fame intact as I don't remember if the manga showed Satan being smacked by Cell in that large screen.
There is a filler scene in episode 192 of DBZ (original sub) where Mr. Satan, after defeating Cell, is in parade and everybody is thanking him when the announcer suddenly states that the people who were killed have apparently come back to life. The audience responds: "This is also thanks to Mr. Satan defeating Cell!". And Mr. Satan says: "That's right!".

And, honestly, we didn't even need that scene to realize that everyone would give Mr Satan the credit for it. Really, here's how it went:

- Cell killed all those people.
- Shortly after Cell gets defeated, all those people suddenly come back to life.
- It doesn't seem to be a coincidence that they were able to come back to life after the defeat of the monster, as any person with an ounce of logic would suspect.
- Mr. Satan (apparently) was the one who defeated Cell.

So, taking all that in consideration, do you honestly believe that anyone wouldn't give full credit to Mr. Satan for all the people that were revived after Cell was defeated? Do you honestly think that someone who lost his father, for example, in one of Cell's attack, after seeing him revived, wouldn't thank that miracle on the one that defeated Cell?

It's seems very obvious to me that everyone gave credit to him for all of that. The filler scene just confirms the obvious and that's obviously how it must have gone down in the manga too.

As for the manga panel of the audience reacting to Mr. Satan getting one-shotted by Cell, it's the panel to the right in the last row in this page: http://comic.dragonballcn.com/list/0.Dr ... -yL49l.jpg

Danfun64
Advanced Regular

Post by Danfun64 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:32 pm

ShadowBardock89 wrote:
Danfun64 wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:
Never make generalizations. Not a good look. People from all stripes watch TFS, which in turn surprises them at times.
I'm not saying all religious people are offended by DBZ Abridged. What I am saying there's a good bet that some of those who would be offended by Mr. Satan thought of as having a Christ-like resurrection by most of the population of earth in series would also be offended by the sex scenes, the profanity, the added violence, and Mr. Satan's name still being...you know. Granted, there might be some people only offended by the first item on that list, but it seems the other category is more...pronounced.
Robo4900 wrote:Mouse is BRILLIANT SCIENTIST dumb.
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:43 pm

I don't think you have to be religious to be offended by violence. The other stuff listed I can see though since the rest of it has religious tones.

I think they'll be ok. If this was 20 years ago maybe they'd get in trouble, but not in 2017.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:51 pm

Completely unrelated to my post above, but I'm the most recent one who posted in this thread prior to so it can't be helped:

Regarding Hetap; has it ever been said anywhere what the pun is? Because I just found out one of the medical words for liver is "Hepat". If Hetap's an alcoholic drink that's named after a pun for the organ that's majorly involved with what happens when you drink alcohol that's pretty clever and a little bit grim (like naming a cigarette brand after an anagram for lungs.)
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:56 am

Chuquita wrote:Completely unrelated to my post above, but I'm the most recent one who posted in this thread prior to so it can't be helped:

Regarding Hetap; has it ever been said anywhere what the pun is? Because I just found out one of the medical words for liver is "Hepat". If Hetap's an alcoholic drink that's named after a pun for the organ that's majorly involved with what happens when you drink alcohol that's pretty clever and a little bit grim (like naming a cigarette brand after an anagram for lungs.)
Hm, That's actually pretty clever.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:22 am

Hetap needs to be defictionalized. TFS could make some money that way.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... nalization
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

cheddarsword
Regular

Post by cheddarsword » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:14 am

Chuquita wrote:Completely unrelated to my post above, but I'm the most recent one who posted in this thread prior to so it can't be helped:

"From the makers of Hetap, we bring you Pulmo Puff! the safe cigarette!"

i regret nothing!

also, it's true. religion has it's extreme cases with people banning certain things from being shown or done in their own homes. that's not saying you have to be religious to do that kind of thing as some people just don't like certain things, but religious types are indeed more apt to do it than the average person, and on a larger scale too.

but not all religions are as closed off as many think. I know several christian families that allow their kids to watch shows like dragon ball z, gundam and the like.

as for myself, i love DBZ abridged and even Van Hellsing Ultimate Abridged and SAO Abridged. but i simply skip the sex scenes. that's all there is to it. They happen only at the end of episodes anyway, so it's not like i'm missing anything big. i do admit that i would prefer less dirty jokes, but eh, i can't control how people make what i like, so i just go with it.

and on the subject of religion... i speak from personal experience.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:50 pm

I understand. I like to think of myself as open-minded, but I had to for the first time ever mute their Persona stream last night because of how obsessed they were getting with this one joke about the bits cup that felt in such poor taste that it left me disappointed. Shock-value humor doesn't do it for me.

I could see if they'd made it once or twice and moved on, but they made it a thing that lasted at least a half hour so it was inescapable until I muted it for the rest of the video.
It's a shame because I usually enjoy Taka and Zito.
I think what I'll do is check in next Wednesday and if they've moved on I'll watch and if they haven't I'll stop following their stream and just read online about how Persona 4 ends.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:47 pm

Chuquita wrote:I understand. I like to think of myself as open-minded, but I had to for the first time ever mute their Persona stream last night because of how obsessed they were getting with this one joke about the bits cup that felt in such poor taste that it left me disappointed. Shock-value humor doesn't do it for me.
Bit cups? Huh?
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:23 pm

rereboy wrote:[spoiler]There is a filler scene in episode 192 of DBZ (original sub) where Mr. Satan, after defeating Cell, is in parade and everybody is thanking him when the announcer suddenly states that the people who were killed have apparently come back to life. The audience responds: "This is also thanks to Mr. Satan defeating Cell!". And Mr. Satan says: "That's right!".

And, honestly, we didn't even need that scene to realize that everyone would give Mr Satan the credit for it. Really, here's how it went:

- Cell killed all those people.
- Shortly after Cell gets defeated, all those people suddenly come back to life.
- It doesn't seem to be a coincidence that they were able to come back to life after the defeat of the monster, as any person with an ounce of logic would suspect.
- Mr. Satan (apparently) was the one who defeated Cell.

So, taking all that in consideration, do you honestly believe that anyone wouldn't give full credit to Mr. Satan for all the people that were revived after Cell was defeated? Do you honestly think that someone who lost his father, for example, in one of Cell's attack, after seeing him revived, wouldn't thank that miracle on the one that defeated Cell?

It's seems very obvious to me that everyone gave credit to him for all of that. The filler scene just confirms the obvious and that's obviously how it must have gone down in the manga too.

As for the manga panel of the audience reacting to Mr. Satan getting one-shotted by Cell, it's the panel to the right in the last row in this page: http://comic.dragonballcn.com/list/0.Dr ... -yL49l.jpg[/spoiler]
Oh I see! Thanks for your explanation, It's been so long since I watched the series that I forgot credits were given to Mr. Satan to people coming back from the Afterlife. Now I see there's no problem the audience seeing Cell smacking him when in the end he's defeated and Satan is alive to take the credit for that.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:59 pm

Kanassa wrote:
Chuquita wrote:I understand. I like to think of myself as open-minded, but I had to for the first time ever mute their Persona stream last night because of how obsessed they were getting with this one joke about the bits cup that felt in such poor taste that it left me disappointed. Shock-value humor doesn't do it for me.
Bit cups? Huh?
They have a partnership with Twitch and you can donate money to them that's shown on screen in the form of small images that fall into a virtual cup. Twitch calls its money "bits" and the virtual cup is a bits cup.

It's a way to encourage people to donate money since you'll have your username shown on screen and maybe get a shout out if you donate enough money.

Taka and Zito were equating the action of making the cup overflow to having an abortion and it got really awkward really fast. No matter what side of the argument one's on I still felt it was a comparison that was in poor taste because that's making light of a sensitive topic and using it to make people send in money. It went on for at least a half hour and had nothing to do with the game content.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:05 pm

Chuquita wrote: Taka and Zito were equating the action of making the cup overflow to having an abortion and it got really awkward really fast. No matter what side of the argument one's on I still felt it was a comparison that was in poor taste because that's making light of a sensitive topic and using it to make people send in money. It went on for at least a half hour and had nothing to do with the game content.
I have no problem with abortion jokes, but I don't see where similarities lie for the connection. *Insert abortion joke about said joke here*
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:09 pm

It's that they kept harping on it. I can't pretend it didn't bother me because of how grim it was, it just did. Like, I'm not offended, but I can't say it was funny. It ruined the rest of the stream for me because they wouldn't stop bringing it up again and again.

There's so many other things they could compare the cup to. Why go so gallows?

Being reminded of mortality and the brevity of life isn't something I want while trying to relax in the evening.

I fully understand different stokes different folks. If this is how they are with the cup that's how they are. I'll just stop watching the Wednesday stream and that'll be that.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!