DragonBall Z Abridged

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

KaiserNeko
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: DragonBall Z Abridged

Post by KaiserNeko » Wed May 17, 2017 9:18 pm

Scsigs wrote:What character did Kaiser play in Resurrection F again? I just wanna know if he's recorded for Super.
I haven't, and don't believe I will be currently. I was just a minion who died; my last line is before Freeza blows up his men.
Check out TeamFourStar's DragonBall Z Abridged:
http://teamfourstar.com/

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Wed May 17, 2017 11:35 pm

KaiserNeko wrote:
Scsigs wrote:What character did Kaiser play in Resurrection F again? I just wanna know if he's recorded for Super.
I haven't, and don't believe I will be currently. I was just a minion who died; my last line is before Freeza blows up his men.
Ah, well that's a damn shame.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

DBZ Macky
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ Macky » Wed May 17, 2017 11:46 pm

It's pretty symbolic, I'd say. The soldiers are DBZA and Freeza is Toei. DBZA did its best to entertain DB fans when we didn't have new DB content, and even introduced some new fans to the series, but what they get in return is all their videos being taken down when Toei returns :P
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:You're in the DB community, it's always a power level thread to someone.

LittleGreen

Post by LittleGreen » Sun May 21, 2017 11:58 am

DBS confirmed Popo to be the highest being! :lol:

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun May 21, 2017 12:30 pm

MasakoX had a really fun nod to Toei being of two minds where they get TFS episodes taken off of YouTube, yet in episode 91 of Super do what could easily be considered a nod to DBZAbridged with that hyper close-up of Mr. Popo telling Vegeta he'll be banned if he blows up the RoSaT again. Does Toei like them? Not like them? Is Toei tsundere for DBZAbridged?
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sun May 21, 2017 12:32 pm

Chuquita wrote:MasakoX had a really fun nod to Toei being of two minds where they get TFS episodes taken off of YouTube, yet in episode 91 of Super do what could easily be considered a nod to DBZAbridged with that hyper close-up of Mr. Popo telling Vegeta he'll be banned if he blows up the RoSaT again. Does Toei like them? Not like them? Is Toei tsundere for DBZAbridged?
Probably some rouge writer who snuck the reference past the editors.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun May 21, 2017 12:48 pm

Chuquita wrote:MasakoX had a really fun nod to Toei being of two minds where they get TFS episodes taken off of YouTube, yet in episode 91 of Super do what could easily be considered a nod to DBZAbridged with that hyper close-up of Mr. Popo telling Vegeta he'll be banned if he blows up the RoSaT again. Does Toei like them? Not like them? Is Toei tsundere for DBZAbridged?
The views of a company is not the same of all its employees. Especially the Employees who have a pretty good sense of humor, and doesn't mind having a little bit of fun, hence Ghost Nappa from Episode 75, and now Creepy Popo.

KaiserNeko

Post by KaiserNeko » Sun May 21, 2017 2:46 pm

I highly doubt that it's a reference to us at all, guys. While there's visual similarities, it's not like we weren't pulling from some already well established visual ques of Mr. Popo. That blank stare is pretty unnerving all on it's own.
Check out TeamFourStar's DragonBall Z Abridged:
http://teamfourstar.com/

Pantheon
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Pantheon » Sun May 21, 2017 3:55 pm

The way that copyright law works is that if you don't fight people that use your copyright you can lose it. Even if Toei was best friends with Team Four Star they would still need to contest them in order to have no legal doubt that they are the copyright holders. However I don't think the newest episode was directly a reference to TFS but Toei do know the memes and play with them(Yamcha Godtube etc). I find it likely that Popo is a meme that transcends TFS and they know of the meme and not its origin.

Puto
I Live Here

Post by Puto » Mon May 22, 2017 2:28 am

No, that's not true at all. You have to fight people who use your trademark, not copyright.
Blue wrote:I love how Season 2 is so off color even the box managed to be so.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon May 22, 2017 8:01 pm

I have to ask - what was the point of the fakeout with killing off Mr. Satan? Did you originally intend to kill him off but decide not to?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

DanielSSJ

Post by DanielSSJ » Mon May 22, 2017 9:31 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:I have to ask - what was the point of the fakeout with killing off Mr. Satan? Did you originally intend to kill him off but decide not to?
I honestly don't think it was a fake-out. Before I saw everyone here saying that Satan was dead, I thought he was just knocked out just like in the show, just with an added blood effect.
My Official Unofficial Battle Power list (in-progress: updated 11/8/2022—FREEZA ARC COMPLETED)

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Tue May 23, 2017 2:51 am

One could argue that Super Kamehameha is Goku's own as he is the one that upgraded the move. If upgrades count Goku has upgraded that move several times.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Tue May 23, 2017 9:01 am

The one original move that Goku had is the move he used to defeat Piccolo Daimao. Too bad he never uses it again, except as the Toei-altered version of it named Dragon Fist.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue May 23, 2017 9:47 am

rereboy wrote:The one original move that Goku had is the move he used to defeat Piccolo Daimao. Too bad he never uses it again, except as the Toei-altered version of it named Dragon Fist.
Dragon Fist isn't really the same thing aside from the fact that the opponent is usually in the air
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Tue May 23, 2017 11:01 am

Kanassa wrote:
rereboy wrote:The one original move that Goku had is the move he used to defeat Piccolo Daimao. Too bad he never uses it again, except as the Toei-altered version of it named Dragon Fist.
Dragon Fist isn't really the same thing aside from the fact that the opponent is usually in the air
IMO, it's clearly the same thing.

Here's the comparison between three scenes:

In all of them, Goku jumps towards the opponent and imbues one fist with Ki power and piercing qualities to go through his opponent. Goku did it to defeat Piccolo Daimao, Hirudegarn in movie 13 and super #17 in GT. The only real difference, besides fluff, is the replacement of Oozaru with Shenlong.

So, to me, it's clearly the same thing. At most, I would call Dragon Fist the upgrade of the technique Goku used against Piccolo Daimao. And it's basically Goku's only original attack/technique.

DanielSSJ

Post by DanielSSJ » Tue May 23, 2017 1:56 pm

You mean the one where he Ki-blasted himself in the air and punched a hole through Piccolo? Does that count as a technique?
My Official Unofficial Battle Power list (in-progress: updated 11/8/2022—FREEZA ARC COMPLETED)

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Tue May 23, 2017 2:09 pm

DanielSSJ wrote:
You mean the one where he Ki-blasted himself in the air and punched a hole through Piccolo? Does that count as a technique?
I put the relevant pictures of that scene in the above post. And yes, I would say it counts as a technique because it's not simply a punch. Goku intentionally imbued his fist with Ki so that he could pierce through Piccolo Daimao. You can see in the scene that his fist is glowing with Ki:

The way Goku got in the air, however, was just a Kamehameha. Goku blasted a one-arm Kamehameha to get airborne and then improvised this technique to penetrate through Piccolo Daimao.

Dragon Fist is the continuation or evolution of that technique, as you can see in the images I placed in the above post. It just substitutes Oozaru for Shenlong as the symbol of the attack.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Mon May 29, 2017 2:45 pm

Dragon Fist was such a powerful technique, I wish we could see Goku using it on Super someday
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Mon May 29, 2017 11:22 pm

Is TFS Goku a narcissist? Is that why he likes Cell's face because he sees himself in Cell (no pun intended)?
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif