DragonBall Z Abridged

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MarCas92
Regular

Re: DragonBall Z Abridged

Post by MarCas92 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:32 pm

Ugh! I can’t believe they mentioned that whole “Toriyama designed Mecha Freeza” thing. I’m super disappointed that a large group like TFS would spread misinformation like that. Especially with someone like Kaiser who is familiar with that sort of stuff. Guess none of them ever read the updated rumor guide. :wtf: Oh well they're only human. Also, what was up with that 21st Budokai fiasco? How did THAT slip under their nose?
How do you get into the Ginyu Force? With a letter of RECOOMEndation!

KaiserNeko
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by KaiserNeko » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:17 pm

Actually I have read the rumor guide. I just made a mistake.

People do that.
Check out TeamFourStar's DragonBall Z Abridged:
http://teamfourstar.com/

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:26 am

So I'm assuming FighterZ won't be on the list since it isn't out yet. Though even in it's pre-release state I reckon it could crack the top 3.

I wouldn't mind seeing a separate video about FighterZ similar to the Super villain one from last year. Just based on what we've seen from trailers and the beta, it's already shaping up to be one of the most ambitious, exciting Dragon Ball games to date. Since all three of the guys doing DBCember have played it, it would be cool to get their thoughts at some point.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:46 pm

I think it's mad that XV is so low and a bunch of cute but limited little gameboy games are higher. I mean it's their list they can do what the hell they want so I'm not calling for their heads or anything.

Having an original story puts it default first IMO.

The gameplay was only seemingly repetitive because it was a nice long game with lots of content which it shouldn't be punished for, and even then it seemed worse than it was because they *chose* to spam grab rather than learn to fight as Dumplin.

It's like jogging the exact same route every day and saying running is repetitive... Mix it up...

But whatever this sounds overly negative I think their videos are mostly good and not obnoxious cloclbait “yo it's your boy like and sub” bs. The fandom is net better for their existence
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:51 pm

TobyS wrote:I think it's mad that XV is so low and a bunch of cute but limited little gameboy games are higher. I mean it's their list they can do what the hell they want so I'm not calling for their heads or anything.

The gameplay was only seemingly repetitive because it was a nice long game with lots of content which it shouldn't be punished for, and even then it seemed worse than it was because they *chose* to spam grab rather than learn to fight as Dumplin.

It's like jogging the exact same route every day and saying running is repetitive... Mix it up...

But whatever this sounds overly negative I think their videos are mostly good and not obnoxious cloclbait “yo it's your boy like and sub” bs. The fandom is net better for their existence
The story was original but it wasn't really very good. It was still Raditz to Boo all the same.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:36 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:Super Dragon Ball Z is #8
I love me some Super Dragonball Z . If only they'd re-release it with online mode. Hopefully Chi Chi will be DLC in Fighters Z

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:13 pm

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:32 pm

Well, let say i think RB 2 is at bottom of my DB games list, i always found it boring and shallow.
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:27 pm

TobyS wrote:I think it's mad that XV is so low and a bunch of cute but limited little gameboy games are higher. I mean it's their list they can do what the hell they want so I'm not calling for their heads or anything.

You kidding? Xenoverse is about as hack_and_slash as Kingdom Hearts 1. Same bullshit-to-fun ratio too.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:26 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:Raging Blast 2 is #7
Wow, that's surprising I always saw many people here praising XENOVERSE over a thousand miles better than Raging Blast 2, I thought they would share this same opinion.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:02 pm

Noah wrote:
Wow, that's surprising I always saw many people here praising XENOVERSE over a thousand miles better than Raging Blast 2, I thought they would share this same opinion.
You wouldn't get the impression they enjoyed it from their playthrough. I'm surprised to see Lani liked Galaxy Mode when in their playthrough he seemed to treat playing it like such a boring obligation.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:51 pm

Funny they mention all the character-specfic bits in Raging Blast 2, now that we've learned FighterZ going crazy with it's unique cinematic moments. That game is just showing off.

Super Saiyan Swagger

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:22 am

...What? I thought that game was hot garbage. The only redeeming qualities about it was that OVA and the cool opening.

Sure, it's got a ton of characters, but it plays and looks like an underwhelming version of Tenkaichi 3. Also, what good are all those fighting mechanics if you can win every match by just spamming special attacks?

The arcade mode was also asinine. "Beat this guy without getting hit once." What? No. Fuck you. That's not fun. Who the hell thought that was a good idea? Not including the arcade mode... what else did this game have to offer? Don't say online mode, because every fighting game on a system with internet connection has an online mode. Speaking of online mode...

Online for this game was a total nightmare. Took forever to just get into a match, and even when you got into one it would lag like fucking crazy. Literally unplayable.

I never saw the appeal in this game. I had way more fun playing Xenoverse 1 and 2, the Budokai series and the Tenkaichi series. Hell, I would even say that Ultimate Tenkaichi is better because it has way more to offer in terms of content.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:26 am

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:The arcade mode was also asinine. "Beat this guy without getting hit once." What? No. Fuck you. That's not fun. .
How not? I thought it was pretty challenging at time :)
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Super Saiyan Swagger

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:45 am

Noah wrote:
Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:The arcade mode was also asinine. "Beat this guy without getting hit once." What? No. Fuck you. That's not fun. .
How not? I thought it was pretty challenging at time :)
I’m all for a good challenge, but that shit made me want to throw my controller across the room. :lol:

Also, I just realised after re-reading my post that my “What? No. Fuck you. That’s not fun.” could be misinterpreted as an insult towards TFS. I actually meant that towards the developers of the game.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:31 pm

Battle of Z at number 6...? :? Not so sure about that one. I get what Kirran is saying, but Xenoverse, an already mediocre game, did everything that Battle of Z did better.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:42 pm

Doctor. wrote:Battle of Z at number 6...? :? Not so sure about that one. I get what Kirran is saying, but Xenoverse, an already mediocre game, did everything that Battle of Z did better.
Yeah I can't at all put Battle of Z even on the list. It left less of a mark, accomplished less, and honestly had worse mechanics. I don't think the coop excuse is fair either as they even have said they enjoyed the shitty Dragon Ball Z saga's because playing with someone else makes it more fun. I can say the same for Xenoverse. Play with friends on quests, and suddenly it isn't as tedious no more.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:04 pm

Doctor. wrote:Battle of Z at number 6...?
Really? Battle of Z better than both XENOVERSE and Raging Blast? At this point I think TFS might just being playing with us, who knows... Maybe Dragon Ball Kinect is Top #1 :lol:
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:25 pm

Noah wrote:
Doctor. wrote:Battle of Z at number 6...?
Really? Battle of Z better than both XENOVERSE and Raging Blast? At this point I think TFS might just being playing with us, who knows... Maybe Dragon Ball Kinect is Top #1 :lol:
For what reason would they want to "play" with their audience?

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:30 pm

Yeah... Battle Of Z is way too fucking high on that list. Above Xenoverse and Super Dragon Ball Z? I'm sorry, but, fuck that noise.