DragonBall Z Abridged

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

KaiserNeko
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: DragonBall Z Abridged

Post by KaiserNeko » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:24 pm

DragonBallKing wrote:I wonder if they'll do a long Gohan inner monologue thing. :think:
We won't.
Check out TeamFourStar's DragonBall Z Abridged:
http://teamfourstar.com/

nickzambuto

Post by nickzambuto » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:28 pm

KaiserNeko wrote:I wouldn't expect another Christmas special out of us in the same vein. As in, if we make another one, it's probably going to be completely original.
What do you mean completely original? As in, not using Dragon Ball?

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:50 pm

DragonBallKing wrote:I wonder if they'll do a long Gohan inner monologue thing. :think:
What inner monologue?
sintzu wrote:
Noah wrote:They won't. They have no plans on abridging Super or GT. Their idea is to finish all Z episodes and movies and then later abridge original DB arcs in movie format.
I think there's (or was) something going on that'll prevent them from doing Buu let alone anything else.
I don't remember Kaiser stating anything like that in this thread.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

ernesth100
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ernesth100 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:58 pm

Welp there go my hopes and dreams. :lol:

DragonBallKing
Regular

Post by DragonBallKing » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:31 pm

Noah wrote:
What inner monologue?[/quote]

The one from the old Funi dub before SSJ2. I pictured them giving him some long wordy monologue to poke fun at it.
Check out my MAL page: https://myanimelist.net/profile/RapeHorse

Original Dragon Ball arcs ranking: 23rd Budokai, Saiyan, 21st Budokai, Red Ribbon, Freeza, Piccolo Daimao, 22nd Budokai, DB Hunt, Cell, Buu

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:57 pm

sintzu wrote:
Noah wrote:
ernesth100 wrote: Ik after the DBZ arcs are done they'll cut into Super. But I'm honestly also kinda hoping they do a few skits for GT as well.
They won't. They have no plans on abridging Super or GT. Their idea is to finish all Z episodes and movies and then later abridge original DB arcs in movie format.
I think there's (or was) something going on that'll prevent them from doing Buu let alone anything else.
There isn't, or we would've heard of it by now & they would've cancelled the series outright by now before Christmas. The main reason the next proper episode for the series has been, unless I'm misremembering, for which Kaiser can correct me himself, taking this long was because of technological failures with the software involved &/or the computer used to edit the animation & the episode's gonna be episode 60, which is said to be the last episode of the season since they like to end seasons on a value divisible by ten & they've been increasing that number by 10 every time. 10 for season 1, 20 for season 2 & 30 by season 3, discounting the movies & specials. By the time they get done with Buu, it should be around 100 episodes & 5 movies, since they're gonna have 40 more by the time all's said & done. If there are any other specials, which I don't think there are, then count those too.
As far as I can tell, the only thing stopping them is themselves at this point. Toei hasn't given them a cease & desist on this matter (only posters they were selling from a con last year that a Toei rep or someone thought were suspicious, which I think's bullshit, but I haven't seen the posters) & FUNi's not gonna stop them, since they're friends with a lot of the people there. Plus, they don't make any money directly from the DBZA videos, only second-hand from Patreon & their gaming & countdown stuff that they're allowed to monetize. The only think that's gotten people to speculate on this is Kaiser tweeting that it might be a possibility they'd cancel the series months ago, but it was my understanding that that decision wasn't set in stone. If it was, I'm sure we would've heard something from someone at TFS by now about that decision to end it after the next episode & maybe Bojack. Lani still certainly talked about it in some of their recent gaming videos like it's still the plan to get to Buu, so I'm pretty sure it's still the plan for the future to continue the series.
DragonBallKing wrote:
Noah wrote:
What inner monologue?
The one from the old Funi dub before SSJ2. I pictured them giving him some long wordy monologue to poke fun at it.
Well, for one, that was just in the old FUNi dub. Kai & the Japanese dubs of the anime don't have that dialogue. Plus, it breaks the scene entirely because it brings up a dub-induced plot hole in that Gohan never met 16 or had even spoken to him prior to that moment & was never told about him other than he's around from what we know, especially in Z, since they never added any scenes in the anime with them talking beforehand.
That's one of the reasons I hate the old FUNi dub, by the way. Dub-induced plot holes brought on by the dub writers thinking that they could tell the story better than the originals. It's second to Vegeta stating that Frieza threatened to kill his father if he didn't obey him...even though Frieza actually killed his father & most every other Saiyan & told him that a comet hit it or something, which caused its destruction.
Last edited by Scsigs on Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

MozillaVulpix
Regular

Post by MozillaVulpix » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:03 pm

DragonBallKing wrote:
Noah wrote:
What inner monologue?

There's poking fun of it, and then there's using the opportunity to not include it to show how much better it can operate as a scene without it. Sometimes, it's more fun just to see it stand on its own without some kind of meta-joke that only a small portion of viewers would get the first time taking up the moment.
I could have gotten into anything...and yet I chose the story aimed at young Japanese boys about martial arts, and later about super-powerful aliens punching each other really hard.

https://www.youtube.com/c/MozillaVulpix

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:01 pm

I don't suppose there's been any word on when 60 is coming out?
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:39 pm

It will come when they feel like it.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:58 pm

I hope if they don't do buu they do bojack. It's the last thing from that era so it'd make sense.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:32 pm

TobyS wrote:I hope if they don't do buu they do bojack. It's the last thing from that era so it'd make sense.
They're gonna do it. They've been mentioning that stuff like it's still the plan & they haven't said otherwise, so I don't think they're not gonna do it.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:47 am

Scsigs wrote:
TobyS wrote:I hope if they don't do buu they do bojack. It's the last thing from that era so it'd make sense.
They're gonna do it. They've been mentioning that stuff like it's still the plan & they haven't said otherwise, so I don't think they're not gonna do it.
yeah plus it'd be extra odd that they acknowledged his existence way back in the saiyan saga! Creating a problem canon didn't have :D
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:30 pm

TobyS wrote:
Scsigs wrote:
yeah plus it'd be extra odd that they acknowledged his existence way back in the saiyan saga! Creating a problem canon didn't have :D
Well, most of the Z movies can't fit in Z's timeline, so there's that too.

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:05 am

The TFS FighterZ Tournament of Power was pretty fun and something I wouldn't mind seeing more of in future. I feel like Kirran and Grant may need some handicaps, it was VERY obvious they had the lead on everybody. The grand final was more one-sided than I expected though.

Have what I would call the final rankings if anybody's interested:

[spoiler]1. Grant, by a long-shot. He was the Jiren of this Tournament of Power, I'm sure he's very proud.
2. Kirran, stomped everybody who wasn't Grant, then got stomped himself. I guess that makes him the Goku.
3. Lani, once again Team Vegeta wins the #SuperSaiyanShowdown. Beat Masako twice, no chance against Kirran though.
4. Kaiser, solid showing, lost early to Grant, beat Zito and Megami in the loser's bracket and did well against Lani until the latter threw him off by going Team Random.
5. Masako, managed to win a round against Lani and beat Ben 2-0 in the loser's bracket. Currently the best Goku VA at the game.
6. Megami, beat Zito 2-1, lost to Grant and then Kaiser. Not bad for someone fairly new to the game.
7. Zito, won the first round against Megami. Not bad for someone who just wanted to play Monster Hunter.
8. Ben, no wins. He was up against Kirran in round one so it's hard to blame him.[/spoiler]

Between stuff like this and TFS at the Table being The Best Thing, I'm more than content to wait for episode 60.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:05 am

Nothing about new episodes yet?
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:45 pm

Saddened that we aren't getting the Buu arc of Abridged, (Lani's Majin Vegeta would've been incredibly cool I bet) but I absolutely understand that life happens, things change, people head in new directions.

I've been really enjoying the TFS at the Table and Metal Gear streams on the gaming channel, so at least it isn't a total goodbye for me.

Source: https://twitter.com/KaiserNeko/status/9 ... 2191371264
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:21 pm

Chuquita wrote:Saddened that we aren't getting the Buu arc of Abridged, (Lani's Majin Vegeta would've been incredibly cool I bet) but I absolutely understand that life happens, things change, people head in new directions.

I've been really enjoying the TFS at the Table and Metal Gear streams on the gaming channel, so at least it isn't a total goodbye for me.

I'm sorry it's taken so much time. The hiatus was rough for everyone. But this is really important to us.

This series has been so very important to us.

I can't tell you how much I'm going to cry when it ends. Whether that's with Cell or Buu.
It doesn't look like it's confirmed to end with 60. I mean, I get it if they do. But he doesn't look like he's saying for sure that it will.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:23 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
Chuquita wrote:Saddened that we aren't getting the Buu arc of Abridged, (Lani's Majin Vegeta would've been incredibly cool I bet) but I absolutely understand that life happens, things change, people head in new directions.

I'm sorry it's taken so much time. The hiatus was rough for everyone. But this is really important to us.

This series has been so very important to us.

I can't tell you how much I'm going to cry when it ends. Whether that's with Cell or Buu.
It doesn't look like it's confirmed to end with 60. I mean, I get it if they do. But he doesn't look like he's saying for sure that it will.
Oh! I missed that part - https://twitter.com/KaiserNeko/status/9 ... 3590768641 thank you for pointing it out. I'll hold onto my hopes for TFS Majin Vegeta then, but I'll keep them at a medium in case Cell is the end afterall.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:25 pm

Well, let's not jump the gun... As far as I've seen, nobody from TFS has said outright, "it's decided, no Boo arc, sorry." It's just seems to have become a bit of an uncertainty, thanks to time constraints from their expansion into other professional projects, and of course the constant needless bullshit from Toei.

I'm sure they still want and plan to keep going through the Majin Boo arc if at all possible, but time will tell if and how they manage to do so. No point in becoming defeatist about it.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:12 am

Kaboom wrote:Well, let's not jump the gun... As far as I've seen, nobody from TFS has said outright, "it's decided, no Boo arc, sorry." It's just seems to have become a bit of an uncertainty, thanks to time constraints from their expansion into other professional projects, and of course the constant needless bullshit from Toei.

I'm sure they still want and plan to keep going through the Majin Boo arc if at all possible, but time will tell if and how they manage to do so. No point in becoming defeatist about it.
Maybe Kaiser could expand upon the idea here, since you can't really tweet all you wanna say at once if it's a long thought. I mean, they've been pumping out episodes, movies, & specials once a month or so ever since season 3 started back in 2012. 5 years straight of the writing, voice acting, & editing alone would take a toll on ANYONE, especially the editor, since he has to fix problems with the footage on top of editing the lips. Maybe let Masako handle one every few episodes, since he's edited some episodes of Yugioh Abridged for LK that turned out pretty well, or maybe someone else, or maybe switch the schedule from one a month to one every 2 or 3 months, like what Little Kuriboh has been doing for his series. Takes the stress off a bit & allows them to focus on other projects, especially since the workload will probably be 40 episodes & the other 5 movies.
In any case, I hope the series isn't cancelled. This is their baby & what's made them well known, so I'd hate for the rest of the series' potential to be wasted, but I'd understand if it did.