DragonBall Z Abridged

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:02 am

My curiousity has been peaked at the mention of this "ARDBZ", could someone post a link so I could check it out?

As for the whole AR/FG TFS/Futurama debate, I actually like both shows. I'm the kind of person who can sit down and watch either show, and still get a good laugh by both.

I guess I'm just lucky to have a huge "humor spectrum" :wink:
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

El Diabeetus
I Live Here

Post by El Diabeetus » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:13 am

Big Momma wrote:My curiousity has been peaked at the mention of this "ARDBZ", could someone post a link so I could check it out?

As for the whole AR/FG TFS/Futurama debate, I actually like both shows. I'm the kind of person who can sit down and watch either show, and still get a good laugh by both.

I guess I'm just lucky to have a huge "humor spectrum" :wink:
I can laugh at both too, I just prefer the witty, more well thought type of comedy.

Here's where you can find ARDBZ:
http://youtube.com/user/SSJGozar

I can't wait till the next episode of DBZA.

KaiserNeko
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by KaiserNeko » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:47 am

I'd like to note...

We at Team Four Star enjoy a lot of ARDBZ.

The guy from ARDBZ enjoys DBZA.

So just know, there's a lot of love to be had.
Check out TeamFourStar's DragonBall Z Abridged:
http://teamfourstar.com/

Pain

Post by Pain » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:18 am

Storm wrote:So...why exactly are you here, if you're just here to chew out everything about the abridged series rather than offer constructive criticism?

EDIT: Directed at Pain. Damn this fast growing thread in combination with my stupid connection. :x
Pal, this IS constructive criticism. If I said "Oh it's gay, and it sucks.", then that'd be me chewing it out. I think I'll be ignoring your future posts towards me from now on, since you tend to misunderstand me a lot. If you hadn't have had your head shoved up the guys at DBZA's (Once again, no offense to you guys, it's just that we have different tastes.) asses, then you'd know what I was talking about. It's just like you guys and the Live Action Movie. You chew the shit out of it and I can't CONSTRUCTIVELY criticize a series that I'd rate 3.4(Meaning that it doesn't suck, it just doesn't fit my tastes)? I'll say this once: Please, Storm, let's ignore each other from now on. And "why am I here", you say? For the same reason a lot of us are. To talk about Dragon Ball Z Abridged.
Forum Occupation: Rebel/"The Spoiler"
Member #:2148
Post Rank: #33
Greatest Dragonball Successor: One Piece
Forum Role Model: SSj Kaboom

Bleach Title Of The Week: All Colour But the Black

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:59 am

@ Pain & Storm:

Why the asshole-ery between each other? Is that really necessary? Are either of you contributing anything relevant by going that route? I see a comment that can be taken as rude, and then a follow-up that takes that to another level. What's accomplished by doing that? There's no need to have any kind of macho-response.

"Let's ignore each other"... really? Seriously? Is that absolutely necessary?

Comments with profanity that are absolutely intended to create offense, and then a not-so-sly cover-up saying not to take offense? Who are we really fooling, here?

As far as I can tell, the project this thread is about is intended to do nothing more than celebrate the fandom we have all gathered here to discuss as peers. Criticism of a project is absolutely welcome, encouraged, and expected... but let's try not to be asses towards each other. Thanks.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Pain

Post by Pain » Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:29 am

VegettoEX wrote:@ Pain & Storm:

Why the asshole-ery between each other? Is that really necessary? Are either of you contributing anything relevant by going that route? I see a comment that can be taken as rude, and then a follow-up that takes that to another level. What's accomplished by doing that? There's no need to have any kind of macho-response.

Comments with profanity that are absolutely intended to create offense, and then a not-so-sly cover-up saying not to take offense? Who are we really fooling, here?

As far as I can tell, the project this thread is about is intended to do nothing more than celebrate the fandom we have all gathered here to discuss as peers. Criticism of a project is absolutely welcome, encouraged, and expected... but let's try not to be asses towards each other. Thanks.
When I said no offense, it was directed towards the DBZA guys. And how come you always make me look like the bad guy when ever something like this happens? :cry:

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:32 am

Pain wrote:
VegettoEX wrote:@ Pain & Storm:

When I said no offense, it was directed towards the DBZA guys. And how come you always make me look like the bad guy when ever something like this happens?
[Bad Arnold impression] STOP YOUR WHINING [/impression]

His comments still apply, stop being so over dramatic. It is an internet forum if people are pissing you off just go to another topic, it isn't that hard. Nobody's making you look like "the bad guy" you're just making yourself look immature.
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight

Pain

Post by Pain » Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:39 am

I guess you're right. But who cares. It already happened. So I'm done.

GokuSoul
Not-So-Newbie

Post by GokuSoul » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:30 am

GokuSoul wrote:Wow I didn't find that funny at all...I only watched the whole thing because of that fantastic quality...
After watching the 2nd episode and the 8000 video I take that back! Seriously! :o

Storm
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Storm » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:59 pm

Alright, EX, you're the boss.

You know, I don't know if this was brought up, but I wonder how they'll explain the Z Senshi knowing about the Saiyans coming in a year...

KaiserNeko

Post by KaiserNeko » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:14 pm

Storm wrote:Alright, EX, you're the boss.

You know, I don't know if this was brought up, but I wonder how they'll explain the Z Senshi knowing about the Saiyans coming in a year...
We thought of that, don't worry. We'll make sure everything is explained. :3
Check out TeamFourStar's DragonBall Z Abridged:
http://teamfourstar.com/

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:43 pm

Pain wrote: If you hadn't have had your head shoved up the guys at DBZA's (Once again, no offense to you guys, it's just that we have different tastes.) asses, then you'd know what I was talking about.
Does this mean I can say whatever I want here, no matter how rude or profane, as long as I put "no offense" after it? :lol:
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

Pain

Post by Pain » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:39 am

SSJ2bardock wrote:
Pain wrote: If you hadn't have had your head shoved up the guys at DBZA's (Once again, no offense to you guys, it's just that we have different tastes.) asses, then you'd know what I was talking about.
Does this mean I can say whatever I want here, no matter how rude or profane, as long as I put "no offense" after it? :lol:
I think you can use profanity, but not towards people.

Lavender Saiyan
Regular

Post by Lavender Saiyan » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:29 am

What I find odd is this...People keep comparing ARDBZ to Family Guy...A show which was cancelled twice and let large fanbase brought it back. I hate it when people act like something more random is below them. Like they're too good for that.

So what if he doesn't follow the general storyline of DB most of the time? I find Gozar's humor to be well delivered in most places. In addition, I find his voicing to be well rounded considering he's one guy with so many characters to voice.

What I'm tryig to get at is...What's wrong with taking DBZ characters and giving them more random, but funny lines? I think there's a reason Gozar's been able to continue for 40 Episodes spanning over a year. If he wasn't funny, people wouldn't be subscribed to him after all. I've seen many DBZ parody makers on YouTube with hardly any fanbase. So he must be doing something right.

I'm not trying to it down DBZA, esspecially since I love it. But there's way to much AR bashing here.

Also, Gozar makes a lot of jokes that only DragonBall fans would really get.

I always loved this line from his series...

Freeza: Don't rest easy just yet, this planet wi-

Goku: NO WAIT!!! DON'T TELL ME!!! You're gonna say *Insert Freeza impression*..."This Planet's gonna blow up in 5 Minutes"...And then we're gonna be up here fighting for 3 friggin weeks till it blows up.

Freeza: Shut up.

Edit: Also, what I find ridiculous about the AR bashing is, THIS IS A DRAGONBALL FORUM!!!...DragonBall, an Anime which by a large amount of the Anime fanbase is viewed upon as bad because it's story isn't as deep and there's not a whole lot of character development. Now DB fans are putting down a DB parody for being the comedic equivalent of DB?

2'nd Edit: Another irony I see is people putting down AR saying it's low brow. Wen this is a DB Forum...DragonBall, created by the king of all Low Brow Humor....ARDBZ is everything Dr. Slump is (& the early portion of DB)...Random, silly, wacky character quirks, some inside jokes, and Toilet Humor. Without this, DragonBall likely would have never been made.
Last edited by Lavender Saiyan on Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
[b]*Supporter of the Remastered Season Sets*[/b]
*Dodges rocks*

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:40 am

Pain wrote:
SSJ2bardock wrote:
I think you can use profanity, but not towards people.
Sarcasm is your friend, wield it's power. :lol:
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:01 am

Lavender Saiyan wrote:What I find odd is this...People keep comparing ARDBZ to Family Guy...A show which was cancelled twice and let large fanbase brought it back. I hate it when people act like something more random is below them. Like they're too good for that.
I think what people are saying is that ARDBZ's random humor is bad and inferior, so they don't like it. I don't see what that has to do with acting like it's "below them" or that "they're too good for that". People are stating their negative opinions of something and giving their reasons for it. What's wrong with that? I'm really worried over the trend to treat any kind of negative opinion about something other people like as being somehow elitist.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Lavender Saiyan
Regular

Post by Lavender Saiyan » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:04 am

Herms, maybe you should look over the topic. People are practically saying exactly what I said.
*Dodges rocks*

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:06 am

You walk a fine line with low-brow humor, when used correctly it can be funny at times, but if used incorrectly it can simply come off as being rude and not funny.
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

Lavender Saiyan
Regular

Post by Lavender Saiyan » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:08 am

I certainly don't view AR as being rude.
*Dodges rocks*

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:11 am

Lavender Saiyan wrote:I certainly don't view AR as being rude.
I was talking about low-brow humor in general, it wasn't directed at ARDBZ.
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ