DragonBall Z Abridged

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lavender Saiyan
Regular

Post by Lavender Saiyan » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:17 am

Oh I know, what I meant was that I don't view AR as rude therefore it's not Low Brow.

I really don't see why people keep throwing around the term "Low Brow"...Gozar really isn't dirty (With the except of 2 or 3 Episode) and he's only dropped the F-Bomb in 2 Episodes. Just because it's goofy I don't consider it Low Brow.
[b]*Supporter of the Remastered Season Sets*[/b]
*Dodges rocks*

Pain
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Pain » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:47 am

Yes. Very true.
Forum Occupation: Rebel/"The Spoiler"
Member #:2148
Post Rank: #33
Greatest Dragonball Successor: One Piece
Forum Role Model: SSj Kaboom

Bleach Title Of The Week: All Colour But the Black

KaiserNeko

Post by KaiserNeko » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:45 pm

FUNimation Entertainment has currently pulled our Episode 1. We're currently in the process of getting a hold of FUNimation's legal reps.
Check out TeamFourStar's DragonBall Z Abridged:
http://teamfourstar.com/

AleezaChocolat

Post by AleezaChocolat » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:19 pm

KaiserNeko wrote:FUNimation Entertainment has currently pulled our Episode 1. We're currently in the process of getting a hold of FUNimation's legal reps.
Oh, crap. Sorry to hear that; now I'm glad I ripped it from YouTube when I did. Hopefully the episode can be re-uploaded soon, and your other vids won't get pulled, as well. :(

DaemonCorps

Post by DaemonCorps » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:35 pm

Wow, you guys put up that whole message thing at the beginning of each of your episodes, but FUNi still pulls down the video? I'm sure you guys'll work things out, though. I mean, why single your guys' Dragon Ball stuff in particular? Because you guys don't use crappy downloaded footage with the Cartoon Network symbol in the corner? I mean, it's one thing for them to remove entire videos of the anime online, but this is just weird.

And yay for me for successfully spotting out LaniPator during the static in that fake episode 2 video.

I've also been wondering how you guys handle using your account as Team Four Star on YouTube. Do all of you guys have access to the account, or did you designate that role to just one person? I'm curious as to who's been responding to some of the comments.
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:40 am

KaiserNeko wrote:FUNimation Entertainment has currently pulled our Episode 1. We're currently in the process of getting a hold of FUNimation's legal reps.
Oh crap! And I just deleted the downloaded version I had of that episode! :x Oh well, at least I now have a downloaded .mp4 version of all of TeamFourStar's other videos...hope you guys are allowed to re-upload episode 1.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:53 am

PM'd you an idea.

bkev
I Live Here

Post by bkev » Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:36 pm

Is it possibly because you use the remastered footage? Other DBZ vids (note: AR) use the old footage.
[quote="Brakus"]For all the flack that FUNimation gets on this forum for their quote about DBZ, there's some modicum of truth to it: a 9-year-old is born every day. Or in some cases, "reborn". DBZ may be a kids' show, but it's been so close to so many hearts all over Japan, America, and quite possibly, even the world.[/quote]

Taku128

Post by Taku128 » Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:38 pm

bkev wrote:Is it possibly because you use the remastered footage? Other DBZ vids (note: AR) use the old footage.
I doubt they even watched it, videos are taken down automatically all the time. Also, ARDBZ videos have been taken down in the past.
­

DaemonCorps

Post by DaemonCorps » Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:52 pm

bkev wrote:Is it possibly because you use the remastered footage? Other DBZ vids (note: AR) use the old footage.
So... even FUNimation doesn't condone of the use of their widescreen footage?

Really, though, I'm pretty sure stuff like this happens all the time, as Taku brought up. They were probably just on autopilot as they skimmed through possible "ZOMG FULL EPS."
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

Raki
I Live Here

Post by Raki » Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:48 pm

DaemonCorps wrote:
So... even FUNimation doesn't condone of the use of their widescreen footage?

Really, though, I'm pretty sure stuff like this happens all the time, as Taku brought up. They were probably just on autopilot as they skimmed through possible "ZOMG FULL EPS."
Yet thousands of DB/Z/GT episodes are still up.
The series doesn't start with the arrival of Raditz. Stop being lazy and watch Dragonball.

Mewzard
I Live Here

Post by Mewzard » Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:13 am

It's a shame to hear Funimation pulled your episode. Thankfully I have it saved on my computer...still, good luck with the negotiations...get the episode back if you can. *and get a Funimation endorsement with a percentage of DVD sales of DBZ Abridged, if you can. :lol: * Hope to see more from you guys again.
RIDER KIIIIIIICK!

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:59 am

For those who havent download Episode 1,yet http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfVw2iCbFWM

Onikage725

Post by Onikage725 » Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:26 am

I have 1 and 2 as mp4's, in case anyone needs 'em.
And Youtube yanks shit all the time. All it takes is a couple of jackoffs to flag a video, and they err on the side of caution. I had an MGS4 trailer (the one with Raiden vs Vamp) uploaded set to Given Up by Linkin Park and they pulled it. But the trailer itself (freely available) was everywhere untouched. The song itself, in complete form (my vid was like a min and a half long) was all over the place, from the album version and live recording, and the music video was freely available on the band's site and their own Youtube channel. But put these free things together in a show of appreciation, and you have a violation I guess.
To show my appreciation, I'll only beat them half to death.

Stan1992

Post by Stan1992 » Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:25 pm

I really like this parody !

"Are you Yoshi ?"
"Yes Goku, i'm a green, fu<BEEP>ing dinosaur !"

"RICOLAAAAA! BOOOM! IAAAUUUUuuu!" :lol:

I can't wait to see the next episode ! :D

P.S.: Their Goku's voice actor sounds like Paolo Torrisi ! (the italian Goku's voice actor ) :)

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:03 pm

I'm sure that as long as TeamFourStar starts putting the little waiver in their video descriptions that SSJGozar put in his YouTube will start allow them to re-upload the videos.
I DO NOT OWN DRAGONBALL. DragonBall is Owned by TOEI ANIMATION, Ltd. and Licensed by FUNimation Productions, Ltd.. All Rights Reserved. DragonBall, DragonBall Z, DragonBall GT and all logos, character names and distinctive likenesses thereof are trademarks of TOEI ANIMATION, Ltd.

This is nothing more than a Fan Video made for entertainment purposes only.
--------------------------
And also, if people are having trouble downloading the .mp4 videos straight from YouTube, I can start offering Megaupload downloads of the .mp4 files, if anyone wants them, and if it's OK with KaiserNeko of course. :wink:

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:14 pm

If YouTube's being a pain in the buttocks, you guys oughta follow (even more) in LittleKuriboh's footsteps, and get your own website to host the videos on.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

DominatorLost
Beyond Newbie

Post by DominatorLost » Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:17 am

Wow, FUNi are dicks, I don't care what they did in the past but I just lost all respect for them.

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:47 am

Funimation is really being oblivious to the fact that amusing parodies of their products such as DBZA and ARDBZ are in on way affecting their precious sales, if anything, these videos are increasing the interest to Dragonball. I think that eventually they will see that people are not using these videos as a substitute to buying the DVD's and will begin allowing the videos to stay, the thing is, this will probably not happen for a while.

Also, I really think that it would be best if someone who downloaded the original DBZA episode one .mp4 would upload it to a file sharing server like Megauplaod or Rapisdshare so that we can download the file from there so that leechers like gaarathefunk123 who have episode one uploaded on their YouTube page for the sake of using it's recent removal as a way to gain viewers will not be getting the viewers they want.

gaarathefunk123 is being a real douche bag, using TeamFourStar's recent loss as a way to increase his own popularity at the expense of TFS's credit:

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:21 am

Gaarathefunk is one weird dude...I picture him the kind of kid who always had yellow stuff on his lip and cookie crumbs on his face y'know the kid that would constantly talk about turtles or his "fossils" (which was really nothing more then rocks he picked up at a museum gift shop) much to the displeasure of whoever happened to be nearby.
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight