DragonBall Z Abridged

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:28 pm

bkev wrote:New one up, featuring LittleKuriboh!
So THAT'S what he's been up to!
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:28 pm

They upload it literally 20 minutes after I check their site for it! :x I was waiting for some kind of promo or commercial or extra for episode 4 to be released, but since they choose to skip it and release this one earlier than usual I'm still happy. It was a great episode, very well written; I love Goku's dialogue to himself, especially in the very beginning.

Great work once again TeamFourStar!

Chrono Trigger
Advanced Regular

Post by Chrono Trigger » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:40 pm

Piccolo, Nappa, and Vegeta are the best written characters on this show. :lol: Especially Piccolo.
I completely respect your opinion, and I respect you. I enjoyed discussing this with you, even if I don't completely agree.

If we're all here for a reason then I'm just visiting.

If it's held in your heart then you can't let go.

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:56 pm

German Mez and Goz was classic, otherwise this episode just seemed like something they had to get out of the way before they could get to the better stuff.
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

Carrie
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Carrie » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:03 pm

I have never loved filler episodes, Mr. Popo, or Metal Gear Solid, quite as much as I do right now.
[quote="Rocketman"]
He (Gohan) is weaker. He has the fighting spirit of a wet noodle soaked in water until it barely resembles a noodle. A pebble is tougher than Gohan, because you could conceivably trip on a rock and stub your toe, while Gohan would yield like so much melted pudding. Vanilla pudding. Because he's too pansy-ass to have a strong flavor if he was pudding. Pure water has more flavor than hypothetical Gohan-pudding.

.... I think I lost where I was going there.[/quote]

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:18 pm

Much love for Donkey Kong Gohan and Piccolo's "metro" attack. XD
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

DaemonCorps
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DaemonCorps » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:57 pm

Wow, I actually found the episode before being reminded on this here forum :shock:.
SSJ2bardock wrote:German Mez and Goz was classic, otherwise this episode just seemed like something they had to get out of the way before they could get to the better stuff.
Agreed. I guess things would seem a bit too abridged if they went at a lightning quick pacing.

Loved all the video game references. I didn't know Princess Snake could have been made even creepier. Though I was almost sure you guys would've used the clip of one of Snake's ladies shooting herself somehow. Maybe on Goku's way back from King Kai's?

I also thought you guys would've played up Mr. Popo a lot more. He was just there for a minute or so.
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

KaiserNeko

Post by KaiserNeko » Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:15 am

DaemonCorps wrote:Loved all the video game references. I didn't know Princess Snake could have been made even creepier. Though I was almost sure you guys would've used the clip of one of Snake's ladies shooting herself somehow.

You just wait. xD
DaemonCorps wrote:I also thought you guys would've played up Mr. Popo a lot more. He was just there for a minute or so.
He isn't a main character, but don't worry, we'll use him every time he's around.

Remember, we have to pack these in under 10 minutes, and it starts to drag at 8. ;3
Check out TeamFourStar's DragonBall Z Abridged:
http://teamfourstar.com/

Tatsunoboshi Horoko
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Tatsunoboshi Horoko » Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:32 am

"everyoneofgohan'sracecanbecomeagiantgorilla"

You can't hide your UK dub references from me, you sneaky devils.

Mayuri Furiza Kurotsuchi
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mayuri Furiza Kurotsuchi » Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:40 am

Piccolo, Vegeta, and Nappa are the most hilarious characters in the show. Can't wait till we get to see more of them.

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:50 am

This video is getting about 10 views a minute! But this episode is so good I'm not surprised.

Just out of curiosity, how much time did the visual editing for this episode take? Because there was quite a bit and it was all done extremely well.

KaiserNeko

Post by KaiserNeko » Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:28 am

SSj_Rambo wrote:This video is getting about 10 views a minute! But this episode is so good I'm not surprised.

Just out of curiosity, how much time did the visual editing for this episode take? Because there was quite a bit and it was all done extremely well.
It took me about a week and a half altogether. The pac-man scene took my about 4 hours, altogether. The box scene took me about 3.

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:31 am

KaiserNeko wrote:
SSj_Rambo wrote:This video is getting about 10 views a minute! But this episode is so good I'm not surprised.

It took me about a week and a half altogether. The pac-man scene took my about 4 hours, altogether. The box scene took me about 3.
Well you did a great job with it!

Lavender Saiyan
Regular

Post by Lavender Saiyan » Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:56 am

I got to be honest. The past 2 Episodes just haven't been as good as the first 2. I mean every Abridged series goes through a span of an Episode or 2 where it's not as funny as usual. ARDBZ, YYHA, YGOA, NTAS. But I just feel uneasy that it's happening so early.

No disrespect. I really give you props for what you do...But I don't know. I just wasn;t feeling it.
[b]*Supporter of the Remastered Season Sets*[/b]
*Dodges rocks*

KaiserNeko

Post by KaiserNeko » Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:20 am

Lavender Saiyan wrote:I got to be honest. The past 2 Episodes just haven't been as good as the first 2. I mean every Abridged series goes through a span of an Episode or 2 where it's not as funny as usual. ARDBZ, YYHA, YGOA, NTAS. But I just feel uneasy that it's happening so early.

No disrespect. I really give you props for what you do...But I don't know. I just wasn't feeling it.
Well, honestly, we politely and respectfully disagree. We think that Episode 3 was better than Episode 2, and that Episode 4 has been some of our best material. Things probably won't be quite like Episode 2 again until the fighting starts back up, which should be around Episode 7.

Ultimately, we understand it's a difference of taste and that the first two episodes were quite a bit different than these latest episodes, but we do hope that it remains enjoyable for as many people as it can be without us having to compromise what we find to be quality material.

Hope that, in the future, you'll find more humor out of what we bring to the table!

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:08 am

I have to agree that I didn't find these last two episodes as funny as the first two, but they weren't terrible. Also, the last two episodes have been of some pretty boring parts in the actual series so I can't really put it on you guys. The only thing from this episode that I really thought it could've done without was when Popo threw Kuririn of the Lookout. It was just a little too over the top for my taste, but I'm sure some people thought it was funny and you can't just cater to all my individual preferences.

I'm not bashing you guys or trash talking the series, I'm just trying to give constructive criticism in the only way I know how. Besides, it's not like I've stopped watching the series or telling my friends about it because it really is a breath of fresh air into the DBZ parody world after some of the other bad ones.
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

Forgotten Hero
Advanced Regular

Post by Forgotten Hero » Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:13 am

Good episode! Not my favorite one, but Little Kuriboh was in it! Great job Team Four Star!
Gohan: "You're a Buddhist." Kuririn: "A hungry Buddhist!"

Lavender Saiyan
Regular

Post by Lavender Saiyan » Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:28 am

Hope that, in the future, you'll find more humor out of what we bring to the table!
Hey don't get me wrong, I still find them funny. Just not as for me.
[b]*Supporter of the Remastered Season Sets*[/b]
*Dodges rocks*

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:22 am

This show just gets awesomer and awesomer.

Son Wukong
Regular

Post by Son Wukong » Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:28 am

Okay for some reason I wished there would be a MGS pun when I heard Goku say ''Is that a Snake?''.
And now I can die happy.