DragonBall Z Abridged

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:32 pm

Well I was gonna rick roll you guys, but my post mysteriously disappeared after I edited it a few times. Maybe a certain no-nonsense admin had something to do with this? :?
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

Pain
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Pain » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:34 pm

SSJ2bardock wrote:Well I was gonna rick roll you guys, but my post mysteriously disappeared after I edited it a few times. Maybe a certain no-nonsense admin had something to do with this? :?
The last thing that the world needs is someone else trying to Rick Roll people. :lol:
Forum Occupation: Rebel/"The Spoiler"
Member #:2148
Post Rank: #33
Greatest Dragonball Successor: One Piece
Forum Role Model: SSj Kaboom

Bleach Title Of The Week: All Colour But the Black

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:35 pm

SSJ2bardock wrote:Well I was gonna rick roll you guys, but my post mysteriously disappeared after I edited it a few times. Maybe a certain no-nonsense admin had something to do with this? :?
It was actually the fact that you fucked up the coding each and every time, leaving it as nothing more than garbage text on the screen that did nothing.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:39 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
It was actually the fact that you fucked up the coding each and every time, leaving it as nothing more than garbage text on the screen that did nothing.
Sorry to offend? It wasn't meant as a heated retort at you and I couldn't figure out how to do it because I'd never used that code before so I was trying to figure it out on my own. We're not all computer geniuses here :wink:

Guess I better not ever mention it's over 9000 or other meme's for fear of having my head Kamehameha'd to smithereens :lol:
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:45 pm

I just kinda figured that you would post it, see it didn't work, and either edit it... or... after it was deleted... figure out how to do it properly, rather than doing it again the same (wrong) way.

It has nothing to do with what you think it does. It's just that it was garbage text that kept popping up. I wasn't about to just leave it there.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:51 pm

Ok I understand now, and the it was only by the second time around that I realized it probably got deleted by you, I figured it was just some error or something the first time because I edited it too many times.
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

Onikage725

Post by Onikage725 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:10 pm

Kunzait_83 wrote:
DBZ Abridged Episode 2 wrote: Raditz: “Now, disregarding the Namekian, I…”

Goku: “Uh uh! A Yoshi!”

Piccolo: “I’m not a goddamn Yoshi!”

Goku: “But you said you were!”

Piccolo: “It’s called sarcasm!”

Goku: “What’s that taste like?”

Piccolo: “DAMN IT GOKU!!!”
Yes, agreed, that conversation was epic. Then again, to be fair, my favorite line in the whole series so far is in ep 3.

"...You're a wordy little bastard, aren't you?"
Uh… not to me it isn’t. I for one happen to like most of the Saiya-jin saga filler a lot. In fact my hands down all time single favorite episode in the entirety of DB/DBZ/DBGT is a Saiya-jin saga filler ep (Pendulum Room).
I'm not pulling an "all filler sucks" stance. I'm just pointing out that this portion of the series is going to drag a bit compared to the first two eps, because this portion of the source material did. Not everything during this portion of the series were excess training scenes.
*essay on Kuririn jokes and Rick Rolling*
Ok?

I didn't say anything about dub-centric anti-Kuririn flamers.

Like at all.

I just said this parody ragging on Kuririn never catching a break is in keeping with the series, while at the same time using original material to do so. Like in ep 1 when Goku yells at him for not going after Raditz, and Kuririn tries to pull the same thing on Roshi later only to have it not fly at all. We haven't gotten to a point in Z where Kuririn has actually DONE anything.

To paraphrase Odysseus in Troy, "It is no insult to say that comedic-relief character is comedic-relief."
To show my appreciation, I'll only beat them half to death.

Kunzait_83
I Live Here

Post by Kunzait_83 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:55 pm

b
Last edited by Kunzait_83 on Mon May 02, 2011 2:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
http://80s90sdragonballart.tumblr.com/

Kunzait's Wuxia Thread
Journey to the West, chapter 26 wrote:The strong man will meet someone stronger still:
Come to naught at last he surely will!
Zephyr wrote:And that's to say nothing of how pretty much impossible it is to capture what made the original run of the series so great. I'm in the generation of fans that started with Toonami, so I totally empathize with the feeling of having "missed the party", experiencing disappointment, and wanting to experience it myself. But I can't, that's how life is. Time is a bitch. The party is over. Kageyama, Kikuchi, and Maeda are off the sauce now; Yanami almost OD'd; Yamamoto got arrested; Toriyama's not going to light trash cans on fire and hang from the chandelier anymore. We can't get the band back together, and even if we could, everyone's either old, in poor health, or calmed way the fuck down. Best we're going to get, and are getting, is a party that's almost entirely devoid of the magic that made the original one so awesome that we even want more.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:It grinds my gears that people get "outraged" over any of this stuff. It's a fucking cartoon. If you are that determined to be angry about something, get off the internet and make a stand for something that actually matters.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:58 pm

Kunzait_83 wrote:
Fine, very well then, I'll keep it short & sweet; I’ve seen way too many bad “Krillin is a useless fag” jokes done poorly in other fanmade shit for any well done ones (even REALLY well done ones that are in keeping with the series) to come off as all that funny for me. The joke's been long since dead and buried for years to me. It should be allowed to rest in peace. So it’s more of a personal gripe rather than an “objective” one.

That work for you? :P

Oh and I agree; "Wordy little bastard" is definitely still the best Abridged Piccolo line.
Toriyama made a redundant comic relief character like that himself...his name was Mr.Satan. I can't fault people for making those types of jokes when the author himself couldn't resist.
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight

SSj Gogito
Beyond Newbie

Post by SSj Gogito » Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:04 am

Lol another funny episode, And Little Kuriboh had a guest spot, You can tell his voice from anywhere.

Also will you have download versions of these episodes ;like Little Kuriboh?
Where's The Beef

JAPPO
I Live Here

Post by JAPPO » Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:26 am

I asked kaiser if he was gonna upload them to revver or something (where you can download / subscribe to iTunes) but he said no.
If challenge had a taste, you'd be quite delicious.

El Diabeetus
I Live Here

Post by El Diabeetus » Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:34 am

KaiserNeko, I've got a question, LittleKuriboh did the narrator, is he going to come back for any future episodes? That'd be awesome.

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:17 am

SSj Gogito wrote:Also will you have download versions of these episodes ;like Little Kuriboh?
The .mp4's that you can download straight from the YouTube page come out with pretty good quality, and those are probably the best we will get.

Super Ghost Kamikaze

Post by Super Ghost Kamikaze » Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:31 am

I actually felt the LittleKuriboh voice distracted from everything else. It was like, "Why is Yami narrating DBZ Abridged?", and it just...it was like randomly tossing a kitten in a box on the screen for a full second, but keeping everything else going ahead like normal. You just sit there and go, "WTF?".

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:34 am

I'm gonna watch this episode a second time maybe it's an acquired taste.
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

Lavender Saiyan
Regular

Post by Lavender Saiyan » Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:25 pm

Am I the only one who thinks LK is overrated? I mean yes, the guy is hilarious no doubt. But people act like because his Abridged series started the whole trend, that he's some god of comedy who cannot be surpassed.
[b]*Supporter of the Remastered Season Sets*[/b]
*Dodges rocks*

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:30 pm

Lavender Saiyan wrote:Am I the only one who thinks LK is overrated? I mean yes, the guy is hilarious no doubt. But people act like because his Abridged series started the whole trend, that he's some god of comedy who cannot be surpassed.
Actually, I think this humanizes him more because he's not above doing stuff for other people. 8)
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:15 pm

Lavender Saiyan wrote:Am I the only one who thinks LK is overrated? I mean yes, the guy is hilarious no doubt. But people act like because his Abridged series started the whole trend, that he's some god of comedy who cannot be surpassed.
I think he was the first person who pulled it off and made it funny. 89% of the time abridged series on Youtube go something like "LOLOLOL GOKU LIKES DICK AND IS GAY LOLOLOLOL PICCOLO IS A BLACK GUY PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS".
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight

Super Ghost Kamikaze

Post by Super Ghost Kamikaze » Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:48 pm

NeptuneKai wrote: I think he was the first person who pulled it off and made it funny. 89% of the time abridged series on Youtube go something like "LOLOLOL GOKU LIKES DICK AND IS GAY LOLOLOLOL PICCOLO IS A BLACK GUY PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS".
I mostly blame the terrible quality of Abridged Series on really poor editing, and the fact that they are made predominantly by 12-14 year-olds that want internet fame. Y'know, the reason most Youtube videos are terrible. =p

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:07 pm

Super Ghost Kamikaze wrote:I mostly blame the terrible quality of Abridged Series on really poor editing, and the fact that they are made predominantly by 12-14 year-olds that want internet fame. Y'know, the reason most Youtube videos are terrible. =p
How about well-edited, cleverly-written ones by 21-year-olds that want internet fame?
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!