DragonBall Z Abridged

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Chrono Trigger
Advanced Regular

Post by Chrono Trigger » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:10 pm

I think Goku is just the weakest character as far as comedy goes. The only time he's funny (to me) is when he is apart of another characters joke. I guess I don't find him funny because they gave him that "cornball/goofy" humor.
I completely respect your opinion, and I respect you. I enjoyed discussing this with you, even if I don't completely agree.

If we're all here for a reason then I'm just visiting.

If it's held in your heart then you can't let go.

Kunzait_83
I Live Here

Post by Kunzait_83 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:25 pm

b
Last edited by Kunzait_83 on Mon May 02, 2011 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://80s90sdragonballart.tumblr.com/

Kunzait's Wuxia Thread
Journey to the West, chapter 26 wrote:The strong man will meet someone stronger still:
Come to naught at last he surely will!
Zephyr wrote:And that's to say nothing of how pretty much impossible it is to capture what made the original run of the series so great. I'm in the generation of fans that started with Toonami, so I totally empathize with the feeling of having "missed the party", experiencing disappointment, and wanting to experience it myself. But I can't, that's how life is. Time is a bitch. The party is over. Kageyama, Kikuchi, and Maeda are off the sauce now; Yanami almost OD'd; Yamamoto got arrested; Toriyama's not going to light trash cans on fire and hang from the chandelier anymore. We can't get the band back together, and even if we could, everyone's either old, in poor health, or calmed way the fuck down. Best we're going to get, and are getting, is a party that's almost entirely devoid of the magic that made the original one so awesome that we even want more.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:It grinds my gears that people get "outraged" over any of this stuff. It's a fucking cartoon. If you are that determined to be angry about something, get off the internet and make a stand for something that actually matters.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

Chrono Trigger
Advanced Regular

Post by Chrono Trigger » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:29 pm

Oh I agree. MasokoX is a beast ! I just watch his scenes and think "Alright I get it ! He's silly :roll: " He's funny but he's scenes are overshadowed by Piccolo, Nappa, and Vegeta.
I completely respect your opinion, and I respect you. I enjoyed discussing this with you, even if I don't completely agree.

If we're all here for a reason then I'm just visiting.

If it's held in your heart then you can't let go.

fps_anth
Advanced Regular

Post by fps_anth » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:14 pm

DODGE! :lol:

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Post by Captain Awesome » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:57 pm

I don't have much to say about this episode, other than the fact I loved it and that It's nice to see the majority of the jokes making fun of the original source material.

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:58 pm

I think I speak for us all when I say it's gonna be a sad sad day when Abridged Nappa dies.
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Post by Captain Awesome » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:00 pm

SSJ2bardock wrote:I think I speak for us all when I say it's gonna be a sad sad day when Abridged Nappa dies.
Tell me about it, I never found him truly endearing until this episode.

"Breed for us!"

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:03 pm

Captain Awesome wrote:I don't have much to say about this episode, other than the fact I loved it and that It's nice to see the majority of the jokes making fun of the original source material.
Which is exactly what a good parody should be, but i won't get into that right now...
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Post by Captain Awesome » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:06 pm

SSJ2bardock wrote: Which is exactly what a good parody should be, but i won't get into that right now...
I agree, too many fan "parodies" these days are simply vehicles for random nonsensical humor, that have nothing to do with the show it's supposed to be lampooning.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:06 pm

Captain Awesome wrote:
SSJ2bardock wrote:I think I speak for us all when I say it's gonna be a sad sad day when Abridged Nappa dies.
Tell me about it, I never found him truly endearing until this episode.

"Breed for us!"
Yeah, I love that little guy...like a big kid...
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:12 pm

Captain Awesome wrote:
SSJ2bardock wrote: Which is exactly what a good parody should be, but i won't get into that right now...
I agree, too many fan "parodies" these days are simply vehicles for random nonsensical humor, that have nothing to do with the show it's supposed to be lampooning.
I like your moves. (gratuitous Starsky and Hutch reference)
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

DaemonCorps
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DaemonCorps » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:42 pm

Captain Awesome wrote:I don't have much to say about this episode, other than the fact I loved it and that It's nice to see the majority of the jokes making fun of the original source material.
Same here. I guess when an episode's really that good, it's hard to find anything to nitpick about. Bojack's whole bit was pretty funny. I never really saw him as a pirate (regardless of the couple of times it's been brought up in the podcast) until now.

And, of course, Nappa and Vegeta are like the Kenan and Kel of the show, playing off of each other so incredibly well that it was like they were meant for each other... comedy-wise, anyways. I was never that big of a fan of the big lug until the abridged series came along. Now I'll actually feel sad for his death instead of just creeped out by Vegeta's um... "Vegeta-ness."

Although there was the whole filler bit with the Arlians, that was probably the best part of the episode, so I'm not complaining at all that they're putting in more effort to spoofing anything and everything they can (and successfully, too) instead of condensing the series as much as they can. Awesome episode overall, being second favorite next to the first one.
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

Lavender Saiyan
Regular

Post by Lavender Saiyan » Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:06 am

I'm not quite sure what you mean...There weren't many jokes that actually poked fun at the series its self.

Anyway...This new Episode is probably my new 2'nd Favorite...So many great jokes...So much laughter on my part.
[b]*Supporter of the Remastered Season Sets*[/b]
*Dodges rocks*

kaioken12
Beyond Newbie

Post by kaioken12 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:15 am

I like the episodes pretty much and really, I won't feel sad about Nappa's death, watching the episodes and trailers, I NOW feel that I know the reason, why Vegeta killed Nappa ;)

Before I always thought "poor Nappa", but now that I know he is such an idiot... :P

I think, this series is just great because it has pretty good jokes, different voice actors and even effects and own video edits.
They could as well broadcast it on TV ^^

I just hope, episode 1 is back, soon... I don't understand Funimation sometimes...

Casual Matt
Advanced Regular

Post by Casual Matt » Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:13 pm

This episode was hilarious.

Especially Piccolo.

DOOOOOOOODGEEE!

Bardock the Mexican
Regular

Post by Bardock the Mexican » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:24 pm

Ok most of the new ep was pretty funny and got a good number of belly laughs out of me. Some people wanted to know what I was watching, so I was translating the lines and choking every time somthing cracked me up. Some jokes don't cross the culture barrier very well. Some do with great skill and ease. I showed the guys the Mr. Popo "Hiiiii" one and the newer videos with Kuririn PWNED count at 3. Yeah, pretty good job with this one guys.
Ejercito Zapatista de Liberacion Nacional: Es nuestra palabra sencilla...

Forgotten Hero
Advanced Regular

Post by Forgotten Hero » Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:14 am

That whole "Are we there yet?" might get Nappa killed later, I might just be a false premonition. :lol:
Gohan: "You're a Buddhist." Kuririn: "A hungry Buddhist!"

Super Ghost Kamikaze

Post by Super Ghost Kamikaze » Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:19 am

Forgotten Hero wrote:That whole "Are we there yet?" might get Nappa killed later, I might just be a false premonition. :lol:
I see it more like this:

Nappa: Vegeta...hug me Vegeta.
Vegeta: GODDAMMIT NAPPA, SHUT THE HELL UP.
Nappa: It's getting cold Vegeta. I need a hug, Vegeta. I miss my bug-pet, Vegeta.
Vegeta: I GET IT, NAPPA. YOU'RE DYING. HOW SAD. SHUT. UP.

*Vegeta's cellphone rings*

Vegeta:God-dammit Nappa, if this is what I think it is I am SO going to kill y--UGH. DIE, NAPPA.

Milton
Patreon Supporter

Post by Milton » Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:22 am

Just watched DBZ Abridged for the first time. Holy mother of God, this is great. First thing I'll be subscribing to on YouTube. The whole camera phone scene on Arlia will have me in hysterics for days.

"God-DAMNIT, NAPPA!" :lol:

Super Ghost Kamikaze

Post by Super Ghost Kamikaze » Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:25 am