DragonBall Z Abridged

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Re: DragonBall Z Abridged

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:59 pm

Question: When Kuririn dies, do you plan on giving him a 'death count', or is just going to be another 'owned' moment?

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:18 pm

KaiserNeko wrote:
SHINOBI-03 wrote:I predict this joke in the next episode:

Goku: "Kaioken"
Freeza: "Kaio-wha-" *BAM*
WHAT
HOW DID YOU KNOW
Goku vs Vegeta and the Bardock special.
My Dragon Ball Story (500th post)
My Anime List
My Manga List
Big Momma wrote:This is Daizex. There's gonna be complaints and groaning no matter what. ;)
Anime Insider magazine wrote:If police officers in the future dress like prostitutes, then what do prostitutes in the future wear?

KaiserNeko
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by KaiserNeko » Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:22 pm

SHINOBI-03 wrote:
KaiserNeko wrote:
SHINOBI-03 wrote:I predict this joke in the next episode:

Goku: "Kaioken"
Freeza: "Kaio-wha-" *BAM*
WHAT
HOW DID YOU KNOW
Goku vs Vegeta and the Bardock special.
My response was facetious, you know. ;P
Check out TeamFourStar's DragonBall Z Abridged:
http://teamfourstar.com/

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:56 pm

Imagine if Vegeta stayed alive and Goku buries him to "protect him" or whatever and creates a hole while Vegeta proclaims all sorts of curses to get Goku to stop him from burying him in the hole.

Vegeta is buried in the hole but is too weak to get himself out and can only yell out from under the ground.

Hows about that for a joke?

EDIT: I guess I should of said "What would you think if this was a joke?" instead ._.
Last edited by Gonstead on Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:19 pm

No offence, but you're not one of the people working on this parody. This isn't a thread for gag suggestions.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:35 pm

Besides, that idea's kind of... I dunno, grim.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:37 pm

I thought it was hilarious and "in character" for TFS' Goku.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

caejones
I Live Here

Post by caejones » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:36 pm

Maybe my memory is a little fuzzy, but I seem to recall that during the Goku Vs Freeza fight, they tried to drag it out by picking one thing to focus the entire episode on, when a short scene could have worked about as well.
Which leads me to believe that the abridged version could conceivably turn each of those episodes into a single joke.
Which sounds underwhelming until you remember.... Goku Vs Freeza.
Although, TFS is more clever than that, so yeah. :)
Dr Gero, in Budokai 2 wrote:Go, my Saiba Rangers!
Akira Toriyama, in Son Goku Densetsu wrote:You really can’t go by rumors (laughs).

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:57 pm

I guess I should of said "What would you think of this as a joke?" instead ._.

But hey, either way the episode is still going to be entertaining with the effort put into it.
Last edited by Gonstead on Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

Drabaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Drabaz » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:07 am

I can't wait to see how they'll handle Krillins death scene, because an owned count seems too predictable. And TFS is way too clever to keep things predictable.
My Dragon Ball AMV's:
Pain into Power - Gohan Tribute - Best Character Profile at AnimeNext
The Dragon Ball Life - Original DB only AMV - Coordinators Choice at Anime Conji
When I See You Again [NEW!!!] - Goku & Krillin AMV - Best Drama at Otakon

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:27 am

Kaboom wrote:Besides, that idea's kind of... I dunno, grim.
More grim than a neglected five year old who continues to see death, and recently spent a year continuously beaten up by a green alien while said alien screams at him to dodge? :P
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

TonyTheTiger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TonyTheTiger » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:31 pm

All I want is to see Goku slapping the shit out of Freeza. If I get that then I'll be 100% satisfied.

Hades
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hades » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:09 pm

By any chance, was Vegeta yelling "dakka" as he attempted to shoot Freeza a Warhammer 40K reference?
TrunksTrevelyan0064 wrote:
Scarz wrote:Like using a flamethrower to kill an ant.
Hey, a lv.100 Charizard vs a wild lv.4 Caterpie. It happens.

TrunksTrevelyan0064
Patreon Supporter

Post by TrunksTrevelyan0064 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:33 pm

Still curious to see how you're gonna handle Goku's transformation.
I'm placing my bets on a "Nooooo! Krillin still owed me a pooooork choooooooooooopp!!!"
Usually goes by "Kevtrev" elsewhere online.
Draws comics that may or may not have been inspired by Akira Toriyama's amazing manga-making skills.

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:32 pm

:')

Receiving a TFS quote in response to texting someone a TFS quote is a thrill beyond anything I can describe.
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

Silver Sinspawn
Advanced Regular

Post by Silver Sinspawn » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:24 am

Although Goku is my least favourite abridged character (Generally because he is in like, 4 actual episodes, seriously, I treat Krillin as the main), in this episode, he won me over.

Also, Soulja Boy reference would have been great if I didn't hate his existence so much
Oh, you think the Grand Tour is your ally, you merely stepped into the Grand Tour. I was born in it, moulded by it. I didn’t see the Super until I was already a man; by then, it was nothing to me but blinding!

Hades
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hades » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:50 am

Would MasakoX ever do a full cover of "Coconut"? Because that was one of my favourite bits from this episode.
TrunksTrevelyan0064 wrote:
Scarz wrote:Like using a flamethrower to kill an ant.
Hey, a lv.100 Charizard vs a wild lv.4 Caterpie. It happens.

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:24 pm

Silver Sinspawn wrote:Although Goku is my least favourite abridged character (Generally because he is in like, 4 actual episodes, seriously, I treat Krillin as the main), in this episode, he won me over.
Well, this is the Freeza arc. You'll probably be seeing a lot less of him in the Cell arc.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:58 pm

TFS posted this on their FaceBook. This is a Toonami version of the Abridged Intro:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C__wF4v1p0Q
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

Drabaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Drabaz » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:25 pm

Yea I just saw that! I loved it! It really had that Toonami feel to it. It was perfect.
My Dragon Ball AMV's:
Pain into Power - Gohan Tribute - Best Character Profile at AnimeNext
The Dragon Ball Life - Original DB only AMV - Coordinators Choice at Anime Conji
When I See You Again [NEW!!!] - Goku & Krillin AMV - Best Drama at Otakon